View Full Version : I have seen it wendy

eelman
05-23-2000, 10:40 AM
One of the main reasons I Do not fish the upper bay is the trash.It is horrible up there.I have seen hyperdermic neddles on the shore line!! No one seems to care.Im always afraid of catching some nasty gross infection form touching fish that come from that area.The fish are up there however,they dont mind the junk at all.If that area was clean you would have some wonderfull areas to fish.

I used to fish up there in my boat,when I would return home, the hull was loaded with brown nasty muck!! It had to be scrubbed down completly.

I will take the south shore anyday of the week.

wendy
05-23-2000, 10:51 AM
Me too! I'll take the ride to be able to see the bottom. I was telling a few friends of mine about the night I bought some eels and went to the bridge at great island. I got there just before dusk and I was standing on the rocks beside the bridge on the dock side. A school of about 50 bait fish were swimming along the rocks, trying to clear the bridge against the current. The position of the sun and the clarity of the water at just that moment made their pectoral fins seem to glow florescent green. There's really no way to describe it except as being beautiful and crisp and clean looking. The air is so clear and fresh there. I love the ocean - When it's like that!