View Full Version : I thought that they were "supposed" to be ready for this???

FishermanTim
04-16-2014, 12:42 PM
But I guess that the blame will fall on someone else's head.

Even the news broadcasters were shocked with the ease that this happened.

How does a psycho not get noticed in the crowd until AFTER he dropped his dummy backpacj bomb and begin making a spectacle of himself?

And then to add more insult to the absurdity of the fiasco, police then go on a mad scramble looking for ANYONE that was dressed the same way.

This could have easily been a test for a future event, to see how effective (or in this case, ineffective) the security would be.

I guess we failed.

Oh, the response was great, but it was AFTER what could have been another disaster occurred.

I, for one, will never feel safe in any situation like that ever again.

Not to detract from the herculean effort from any "first responders" (you have my eternal gratitude!), but events like yesterday go more to prove we're "Boston Stupid" or "Boston Ignorant" more than "Boston Strong".

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, but when I heard the story last night when I got home I said "WTF! How was this possible, and why wasn't that clown not shot on sight?"

Raven
04-16-2014, 09:03 PM
people are wondering - protecting 26 miles

nightfighter
04-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Shot on sight? Really? Exactly what actions did you actually see on video that would have been justifiable for deadly force?

Slipknot
04-17-2014, 06:35 AM
I heard that the whackjob was also responsible for all the pot holes too
thereby death sentence would have been justifiable

Sea Dangles
04-17-2014, 06:45 AM
So Tim the Brave will never feel safe again?.......doesn't exactly strike me as a first responder type.
I guess the terrorists have won this round in his mind. Imagine the fools who will actually cheer these carefree a-holes to the finish line. Have they no conscience? No self preservation mode I guess. Let's just cancel this foolish endeavor and get on with marshall law.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

buckman
04-17-2014, 08:42 AM
When you watch the video it does seem kind of absurd that nobody reacted. If that have been a bomb people would've been killed in what we thought was the most secure area of Boston.
I'm not for giving up liberties in exchange for safety but in that area of all areas ? It seems first responders are responding a little late .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device