View Full Version : Fish Talk From MSBA Tournament

BigFish
06-29-2003, 01:04 PM
:chatter Let's hear some stories from anybody who was fishing the tournament this weekend. Anybody from the site catching fish?:hs: Me and my buddies did not do well. Out on the beach down the Cape all day and night Friday and no bass. My buddy caught 4 blues Friday morning, small, and nothing at all Friday night with eels. Saw a bunch of guys from this site out though. JohnR, BoneFish, and Slingah so the night was not a total loss. Anybody else catch any fish for the tournament?:hs: :doh:

Slingah
06-29-2003, 01:26 PM
28lb 45" small blues & some shorts.Good weekend but slow fishing.

Van
06-29-2003, 03:06 PM
:D

I doubt we are in the top 20 though....

S-Journey
06-29-2003, 03:23 PM
24.5# 41 1/2inch and a ten pound blue. Lots of nice 38-40" fish caught Yesterday and Friday out at the islands, only a few semi fat ones though.

Came home last night and went up to Minot/Cohasset area this morning. We struggled to get a few small fish, 34-36", nothing worth keeping.

Would have done better if I could figure out how to keep my team out of the whiskey bottle:)

Big Vern
06-29-2003, 05:06 PM
My crew didn't catch anything worth weighing either. Lots of shorts and small blues, but couldn't muster anything bigger. Beaches were slow, slow, slow. Three people slingin' eels for two nights should put something decent on the beach, but nothing a do. Boat issues on Friday put a little damper on things, and when we finally got out there this morning, all that seemed to be around were 5 lb. blues (Except for a monster fluke on our first drift of the morning - too bad there's no fluke division). :smash:

bloocrab
06-29-2003, 08:48 PM
...fluke division huh?

......what about a division for these punks!!:af: :af:

http://www.mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/science/shark/english/images/smoothdog.jpg

redcrbbr
06-29-2003, 11:24 PM
too much work and no sleep, got out for a couple of hours late last nite...nada. was planning on doin the morning, service call ended that idea.

there is always next year:D

glad to hear some of the folks hooked up:happy:

JohnR
06-30-2003, 06:49 AM
Bigfish & Bonefish - good hooking up with you guys but lack-o-fish was a little tough - same thing Saturday night....

Slow pickens out there

Raven
06-30-2003, 01:16 PM
nuthin but shorts and an occasional bluefish
70 people fishin...... barely anyone catchin

Moose Nuckle
07-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Hello All,
My buddy and I were out on the Moose Nuckle about 05:00 am Friday. About noon time we went to a marina to get gas and some food. We then went to a place to anchor and eat lunch in about 15 feet of water. We put some clams on the hook while we ate and thought it might help the slump. I'm at the front of my boat eating when my bait runner starts running. I run to the back of the boat at the same time knocking over all the food. Tonic flying all over the deck. Tripping over every thing. Pick up the rod and fought the fish. I landed a 36 inch 15 and a 1/2 pound bass. It was nice to catch the fish but the boat was trashed and so much for lunch. :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :smash:

Fisherwoman
07-01-2003, 08:28 AM
BC & I had a tough one this year. We didn't fish Friday as I was just to sore from the week. Fished Saturday, caugth only a few shorts and actually got the big 0000000000000 ON Sunday. But it was nice to have some eautiful weather out there and at least it wasn't as hot at the week before whew was it hot out there. DOn't know whats going on with the fish in boston haba right now but they sure were finicky this weekend.

Van
07-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Team Karavi fished hard all day Friday and Saturday.
We did well with numbers of fish.
Probably 8-10 bass friday and 1 rat blue. We weighed in an 18# and 14# that day.
Saturday was about the same we caught numbers of bass and brought in 3 for the weigh-in. Biggest was 16# by my buddy.
One more rat blue that we released.
Sunday everything changed, there where NO FISH in the same spots that produced friday and saturday. We covered lots of water and ended up with only a few small bass. All under 30".

Even though I felt like crap and lost my voice (sometime during the Santana concert) we had a great time. WEather was perfect, talked to lots of friends on the radio and had laughs listening to teams Ave and Monkey.