View Full Version : Abu record

yj1990
04-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Thinking to get one one this season for live bait fishing. My question what rod would be my best choice. I was thinking a 7 ft 15-30 class rod? Any recomonmdations would be great

5/0
04-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Where and how did you plan on fishing it?

nightfighter
04-19-2014, 08:01 AM
My go to live liner is a re-purposed kayak T&W rod that was built by Don M at King Cove Outfitters. It is a 6'6" glass rod with moderate action. Soft enough to feel the livey, strong enough to cast them and pull a fish out of the rocks, which was the need on a kayak. I believe Don said it was a musky blank but never got a model number. He said graphite would be too stiff, so Eglass or a composite. Short butt per the kayak design. This rod has transferred nicely from its original purpose to livelining.

I am considering doing a similar rod with an acid wrap. Just have to find the blank....

You will love the Record.... I have two, but they're lefties.

yj1990
04-19-2014, 09:20 AM
5/0 I'll be fishing out of a boat on the north shore. And thanks for your help Ross the shop I was looking at the reels are lefties that what I want
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Cohenfishin
04-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Thinking to get one one this season for live bait fishing. My question what rod would be my best choice. I was thinking a 7 ft 15-30 class rod? Any recomonmdations would be great

If your looking for something custom cms makes a yo yo rod that a couple of my charter buddies use they have a real soft top half that allows the fish to eat the live bait without feeling any resistance or take a look at the shimano terez which can be used as more of an all around rod also....either way you can't go wrong

yj1990
04-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Has anyone tried any of the seeker east coast rods they look good