View Full Version : Dr can't figure it out ... thoughts?

Finaddict
04-20-2014, 09:47 AM
So I have been experiencing intense joint pain ... neck, shoulders, back, the chicken wing things in the back, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and even toes and fingers ... to the point where it's hard to sleep, get up at least every hour and maybe more, time moves so slowly at night in pain ... low grade fevers have been common ... find the pain increases while idle ... advil doesn't help all that much and eat it like candy ... moving around does help a lot.

Dr. tested blood for a variety of things including thyroid, myalgia, low iron etc. ... and tests came back normal ... asked him to check for lymes, so he did do that but won't find out until Thursday.

I don't want to wait for this guy to get the puzzle figured out as it's painful every day, but again always feel better while in movement.

I have had three therapeutic massages and one chiropractor visit this past week ... and have been stretching as much as possible ... it helps a fair amount, but come night, it's as if nothing was done. The lady doing the massages says my muscles are tighter than a piano wire.

As background, I started working with a personal trainer on March 17 - weights/muscle type stuff Monday nights and cardio Thursday mornings early. The first two weeks, i experienced some muscle pain, but never anything like what I have been experiencing now ... as the muscles still hurt and are not getting better. Night of March 29 - my daughter and I slept on an inflatable mattress in the living room - sort of like a camp out, not a good move as it was kind of the start of all the pain, but nothing as intense as I have been experiencing for the past week - week-and-a-half.

My doctor said it could just be my body reacting to a new exercise regime, but the pain is too continual and too long for that, it may have triggered something but would love any insights if someone has seen anything or experienced something similar ... too young to be acting like a 95-year-old arthritic person.

Thanks

Raven
04-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Eating Advil like candy is a bad idea......
because it's known to cause intestinal bleeding
and once you go septic ..... it's gonna kill ya.

that being said: take it in moderation and always
check to see if there's any red on the last wipe
(sorry to be so graphic.) to see where your at...

tramadol is the best STRONG pain killer in my arsenal
because it can rid you of kidney stone pain and that's the
roughest pain i've ever experienced.

Vitamin E is what controls MUSCLE health so google "foods
that contain vitamin E" and make sure your eating most of them.

Hydrotherapy meaning Hot water showers helps allot and i would
head to the nearest jacuzzi or rental jacuzzi you know of
to water massage yourself.

PRBuzz
04-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Do you take anything for cholesterol? Statins......

If so go off them for 5 days and see if your pain subsides.

Finaddict
04-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys - as for statins ... no nothing like that ... and Raven ... will follow up on those items, including no advil ... just seems so weird how in a matter of a few weeks ... I was getting stronger and feeling good to all of sudden pain, lethargy, etc. ... and because of the lack of recuperation, figured there was more involved, but will try those things.

Dick Durand
04-20-2014, 03:26 PM
It doesn't sound like workout pain. I certainly can't diagnose, but Lyme Disease is a real possibility, particularly if it's been undetected for a while. I hope everything turns out well for you.

ProfessorM
04-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Geez Andy that sucks. I hope you find out the problem and get better
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
I had a friend that got a type of food poisoning once.....every joint ached and he walked around like a 70 year old man and he was only 30 at the time...took him a solid year to get over it.

Lyme disease is also a possibility

Raven
04-20-2014, 07:14 PM
you may have contracted a type of flu ANDY
let me ask you.... Do you have an Appetite?
Usually when i have No appetite and mine is voracious
every day! even if i satisfy it with drinking allot of water.
that's when i know i'm in trouble.
you could treat this as a flu ....
make sure your vitamin C intake is higher
try some EMERGEN-C the drink additives
a crystal C 2000 miligrams per packet
sold at walmart and most grocery stores
remember the old adage "feed a cold...starve a fever"

Mike P
04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Lyme is a distinct possibility.

Finaddict
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
my appetite isn't what it was, and my sugars have been thrown off ... I will increase the vitamin c ... while I certainly don't want lymes, if gets this resolved and I can move forward on healing it, clearing it ... definitely approve of that ... but also pissed that I had to tell my doctor to check for it ...

Raven
04-23-2014, 06:52 AM
well many people mistake symptoms of other things
as possible signs of Lyme Disease ...me included
so Doctors don't always go there FIRST

but in any event start here
BUMPING up your Immune system is the ANSWER

1. Garlic: kills the bad and promotes the good bacteria
chop it up and make garlic bread with the butter...
2.Green tea: Known to boost your immune system
3. Spices: when your ready to eat use allot of them known
to double the power of the immune system
4. Vitamin C: helps to eat the white stuff (inner skin)in an orange
that contains bioflavinoids that make vitamin C more effective
strawberries have more C than an Orange....
5.Zinc: a very important mineral that shortens recovery time
6. extra sleep increases your immune system where short sleeping
less than 6 hours -> decreases your immune system Power
7. Liquids have a coffee but then switch over to JUICE and
flush your system use lemon aid to flush (cleanse the Liver)
8. Hot salsa with lime flavored chips
9. Oregano herb kills E coli bacteria so use it often on/in meals
10. Echinacea/golden seal combo herbs often kill off
bad bugs and gives your immune system a boost.

This my "formula" for rejuvenation because taking Antibiotics
kills off the good bacteria in your colon an you NEED it
afterwards you'll need probiotics found in kiefer to re-establish
your intestinal flora
back to where it was....

Raven
04-23-2014, 09:59 AM
I got asked
and i'll NEVER do it Again
to drive a Sick co-worker home...
he looked ghostly white and sick as a dog
why he came to work like that is anyone's Guess

Later that evening i started a fever and
had the shakes so bad it was as if i was a
paint can in a shaker/mixer...

i laid down (collapsed) in the shower shaking uncontrollably
still dressed for an hour and eventually had to sleep it off
for days without any of the normal flu symptoms you
experience feeling like i was gonna DIE.

it weakened me badly and i had every bone hurting like the devil.

it was some form of influenza i was told and that is why
i suggested to treat it as a flu BUG.

timmah
04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Bug your doctor for the results, I got lymes in my 20s and was very fit and healthy, I was sick like the flu with your symptoms of joint pain all over for a couple weeks when they finally tested me. Had to do a month of antibiotics. Lymes can become chronic if not treated promptly. I have never been so sick before or since, it was absolutely horrible. Call the lab and the doc and pester them for the results. Took a couple weeks to feel better after starting antibiotics. Hope you feel better and everyones suggesstions certainly can't hurt.

OLD GOAT
04-23-2014, 10:57 PM
check for lyme

Raven
04-24-2014, 05:35 AM
what ever it is Andy
and i've meant to say this much earlier

i hope you feel better soon :uhuh:

Finaddict
04-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks all - Lymes came back negative ... dr said test results led him to Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) ... an issue with the immune system and controlled by predisone, which can eliminate it in a year ... so I am starting the dosage tomorrow morning with breakfast ...

It normally impacts older adults - 50 or older, with the average age at 70 ... but for some reason I have it (probably because of my type 1 diabetes) ... there are side effects ... so have to watch it, my biggest issue is raising blood sugar levels ...

So, I need to ensure I am more than 150% on target at all times and beat it ... as this crap is not going to beat me, no way whatsoever.

Raven
04-24-2014, 09:06 PM
we are all essentially walking bags of chemicals

that being Said

a medication that works on one person may not work on another

watch for swelling of the feet as a rejection sign

Finaddict
04-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks - will do ... so far from the first day, pain has decreased but still exhausted, maybe even more so ... but it's only the first day

Raven
04-25-2014, 07:23 PM
with arthritis symptoms / the pain is similar

you'd qualify for medical cannabis

which can also reduce pain by half

just a fyi

Finaddict
04-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks - although medical c won't go over well with me ... I will wind up like :smash: ... tough enough as is ...

Raven
05-20-2014, 07:47 AM
how ya doin?

Finaddict
05-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi Craig ... sorry for the delay ... it seems to be working for the pain, the immune system is still a bit compromised as I twisted my ankle two and a half weeks ago and it's taking a long time to heal ... but almost there ... lots of ice bath soaks and starting the epsom salt soaks as well. Scratches, etc. take a little longer to heal as well ... but also started accupuncture ... this coming Friday I will learn how the last blood test does (testing for levels of inflammation) ... so hoping it is normal and below. Thanks

Raven
05-26-2014, 06:12 PM
70% of your immune system is in your gut in the form of good bacteria (also called intestinal flora) that you have to re-establish with probiotics when you get off the ANTI biotics that wipe it all out good and BAD.

there is a wrap around spandex and velcro brace for ankles that will give you excellent support when out walking to exercise the ANKLE.
not to easy to find.... tho

Glad to hear your getting better