View Full Version : Kennebunkport

bart
05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi all-

I'm leaving for 3 weeks of intensive management training on Sat and my first stop is Kennebunkport for 7 nights. Never fished the area - are there typically dinks "out front" by then or should I be poking around the estuaries? Haven't even looked at a map or done any homework. Just looking to get away from the training for a few hrs. Not expecting much as the fishing here has been poor to say the least.

Any info or PMs would be greatly appreciated, even beautiful places to check out. Thanks in advance..

Rob

5/0
05-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Maybe some of the locals can point you in the right direction, but from my past experiences, I go to York beach which is south of Kenny for one week at the tail end of July and you really have to hunt for the fish.
What I found was back water was more productive with freshwater gear vs our standard tackle and gear.

I would recommend using bing.com birds eye view to scout the area, this has been a very helpful tool to me.

Also you are going at an early part of the run, you might want to consider a different species:fishin:You might want to cconsider door mats.

Best of luck Buddy,soak it up & enjoy the time away.

Sea of Atlas
05-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Not seeing much happen till Mother's Day but shad fishing should start heating up and the freshwater fishing is getting really good right now.

bart
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Guess i will leave the big stuff at home and bring the freshwater rod. Thank you both.

Bob, I will be forever grateful for your help and support with all of this. Hope to see you and the family this summer. Beers on me at the restaurant if you make it down :devil2:

fish4striper
05-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Probably too early but check out parson's beach
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

1dozenraw
05-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Probably too early but check out parson's beach
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
One of my favorites... also the outlet at Goose Rocks... rocks at Biddeford Pool.

My kids and I vacationed there for several years when they were young... daughter got married at On The Marsh. We always stayed in Cape Porpoise. great little breakfast restaurant there. I think I need a trip there this summer or fall... fall is better.

bart
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it...

stripermaineiac
05-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Best bet is the mouth of the mousum off rt 9. Parsons beach area bottom of the tide. Small stuff. Cocahoes.

bart
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Thank you, Ron.