View Full Version : Prop Shop Recommendation (Rich Junker)

JFigliuolo
05-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Just putting this out there in case in the off season anyone needs some prop work done. I had Rich Juker in FL (Leading Edge Propeller) work my prop over this winter as it had some minor dings and a decent amount of wear. I am EXTREMELY pleased with his work and the performance improvements he made to my prop. He asks you what you want to get out of the prop and he modifies it accordingly. He was excellent to deal with and was EXTREMELY reasonable. He is pretty well regarded over on THT and scream and fly with the go fast crew.

He does get busy, so if you need something ASAP he MIGHT not be the best choice. He had my prop for a couple of months BUT I also told him I was in no hurry as it was winter.

zacs
05-05-2014, 10:10 AM
What time of performance improvement are you seeing? Any before - after pic?

JFigliuolo
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
no pics... He got rid of a few minor dings and added some cup. I raised my motor mounting 2 notches last year as it was buried. I was not able to trim up as high as I felt I should be without the prop blowing out.

WOT was 5400 at 41 MPH, Now I can trim up to hit 5500 at 44 MPH (max recomended is 5500, but the HPDI's run better on the high side).

It's not so much the WOT numbers that I am interested in, but they are an indication that the engine is running better at all RPM ranges. Plus in general, the more engine OUT of the water, the more efficient you are running.

All in was $110 including shipping back to me.

Raider Ronnie
05-05-2014, 12:52 PM
In Florida ?
We got a handful of prop shops in our area.
Most every commercial, charter & even recs around my way use H&H propeller in Salem Ma.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JFigliuolo
05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Not sayin they aren't good. Rich came highly recommended, just passing on that I was extremely pleased with his knowledge and abilities. Florida is only 2 days away UPS ground.

Sea Dangles
05-05-2014, 07:19 PM
4 shops in New Bedford too