View Full Version : ANYONE GOT THE DAY OFF TUESDAY

mrmacey
06-30-2003, 07:51 PM
never mind!! didnt go gonna do yard work and clean the boat up

Notaro
06-30-2003, 11:23 PM
today? damn, i got a thai boxing class in AM and my relatives from the baltimore county, the top crab city in this county, are coming over tonight or today. i wish i could go, but damn it, man. i want phody flukes.

BrianS
07-01-2003, 05:32 AM
my vacation starts tomorrow morning..

the second my eel hits the canal.

but good luck today!

JohnR
07-01-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Notaro
my relatives from the baltimore county, the top crab city in this county, People from Baltimore County don't know what a crab is even if they step on them and it shouts BLOO. People from Baltimore County dunk chicken necks tied to a string. REAL BlueCrabbers hunt them on the moons with BB guns and a net for fried softshell sandwiches - eyes & all. REAL BlueCrabbers use a trotline with dagnasty eel bait tied every foot 'n half to get bushels of those tastey critters :) . REAL BlueCrabbers are not from Baltimore County, REAL BlueCrabbers are from Anne Arundel County. And I know what I speak of young gloved Jedi :D

Notaro
07-01-2003, 02:21 PM
oh, then I must be wrong about that. Anne Arundel county crabs then ;)

STEVE IN MASS
07-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Um, John....one word....HATTERAS.......;):p

Okay, more than one word....:eek: .....it's funny, cause many years ago when I first started going to Hatteras Island, and didn't know the ropes to owell down there yet, I used to rent a skiff to go out crabbing for half a day. Did okay, but always wanted more.

So one day I stopped in a shop down in Hatteras Village to get some live Blueclaws. The guy wanted some outrageous price. This was back when the crabs where more than plentiful, and Risky Business Seafood had buy a dozen at about $8, get a dozen free, and there was also a bar down there that you could go in and they gave you all you could eat for free. (They knew what they were doing, cause they would spice them up with cayenne real good, and you ended up drinking a WHOLE lot of beer to try and cool down, and more than made their money back........)

Anyway, when I told the guy in the shop in Hatteras Village that I could get them up in Avon for less than 1/2 the price (Avon is about 15 miles North of Hatteras Village), he told me "But, they won't be the sweet "Hatteras Crabs"......."

Um, yeah, right........:rolleyes: