View Full Version : LL bean boots, BOA system

bart
05-18-2014, 12:01 PM
I have the river treaders or whatever they're called. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix/clean the knob on it? The wire won't tighten up now and I've only had them a couple months.

They should've just kept making this boot with laces :fury: Thanks in advance...

niko
05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Just bring them back and get new ones. I've heard lots of complaints on that boa system
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bart
05-18-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm going to, but I'm not in MA. Wanted to fish tonight...

Such a stupid thing to do to a boot that was already good. The wire is too thin for the salt and if a grain of rock or sand gets in the knob it won't lock. They should've just put stronger laces on the new ones and left the rest of the boot alone...

JamesJet
05-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Talk to Andy about it, he got a pair and complained of the same thing. It becomes a safety thing if you ever needed to cut out. I think they did something for him.

tysdad115
05-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I did call them after one snotty night in the surf it took me 10 minutes to pry them off my feet. I called them, they sent me a pair with laces instead of boa. Those are fine for river applications, but IMO they are unsafe for surf applications.

5/0
05-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Haha you said knob......haha.
Yeah I was loking at the same boot but scaptacle due to thin wire construction.

eskimo
05-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Duct tape for the night and return them for anything with laces.
I've had the Korker version and had them bind up a couple times and had to cut them.

Pete_G
05-18-2014, 08:22 PM
BOA systems are great! Just not for fishing purposes, especially if sand is involved.

bart
05-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I duct taped them and took my skunking like a man tonight. Heading to Mansfield at some point tmrw....