View Full Version : May 29, 2014 A few fish in Cape Cod Bay

1dozenraw
05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
My daughter just sent it to me...

Stripers in Cape Cod Bay 5/29/2014

Liv2Fish
05-31-2014, 11:58 AM
OTW says, "Hey look, there are plenty of fish to support another Kill tournament. Let's go weigh in another 800 sub 30lb fish again this year.":smash:

piemma
05-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Comm season opens in RI next week. The way the fishing has been in the Bay, a lot of those fish will hit the RI scales.
Been very slow the last couple of days.

iamskippy
05-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Even worst from shore
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

1dozenraw
05-31-2014, 02:34 PM
I should have just downloaded the photos because I wondered if they would start some kind of discussion. The photos are fabulous anyway. Too bad I didn't just post them without the source. Oh well.... everyone likes to express an opinion. Mine is... great photos.

There I fixed it... now maybe we can just be happy that they are around and glad to see the photos. Come to RI!!! :-)

bassballer
05-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Comm season opens in RI next week. The way the fishing has been in the Bay, a lot of those fish will hit the RI scales.

Yup might go fluking out front tomorrow for a change a pace .

Sea Dangles
05-31-2014, 03:05 PM
That's how I be rolling,flatties are good.

blue oyster
05-31-2014, 03:05 PM
I should have just downloaded the photos because I wondered if they would start some kind of discussion. The photos are fabulous anyway. Too bad I didn't just post them without the source. Oh well.... everyone likes to express an opinion. Mine is... great photos.

There I fixed it... now maybe we can just be happy that they are around and glad to see the photos. Come to RI!!! :-)

there are a photos of the same scene on the on the water web site

1dozenraw
05-31-2014, 03:37 PM
there are a photos of the same scene on the on the water web siteI know... :)

Guppy
05-31-2014, 03:38 PM
C

I Guess!!!
Thought you guys where walkin on fish down there,,,, froze my arz off too,, all was not lost, always wanted to go under that bridge to Jamestown, big thrill, hey? :uhuh:

If that school is in CC bay, that bottom is not familiar, are those rock or grass patch ya think

Finaddict
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Well ... it's only one school ... one school like that does not mean an abundant fishery ...

piemma
05-31-2014, 04:35 PM
I Guess!!!
Thought you guys where walkin on fish down there,,,, froze my arz off too,, all was not lost, always wanted to go under that bridge to Jamestown, big thrill, hey? :uhuh:

If that school is in CC bay, that bottom is not familiar, are those rock or grass patch ya think

Gup, it was real good last week. Once the wind went NE, the bite has been slow. We raised 2 fish yesterday in 5 hours with live pogies. I call that slow. And we drove about 50 to 60 miles on the water so it wasn't one or two spots it was a dozen.

I think we saw you. I can't remember just where but maybe around Pine Hill around 7:00 AM?

piemma
05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Yup might go fluking out front tomorrow for a change a pace .

BB, I'll be somewhere early. Got a B-day party for a little one so I have to get back on the dock by 9

l.i.fish.in.vt
05-31-2014, 06:21 PM
1 dozen thanksfor the pictures,small fish all over the Cape,not just one school.no wonder this site has so few posts these days just read the comments.if it isn't doom and goom you better not post

1dozenraw
05-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Big schools of small fish may mean good fishing for this guy... 59279I'm OK with that.

Ed B
06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I think the photos are very cool!!! Thanks 1 doz.

big jay
06-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Those are grass patches - if you know CC Bay, its pretty easy to figure out.

I was on those fish last Tuesday when they were on Billingsgate - fish literally for miles, and the bird action looked like the discovery channel. It was something to see.
Great photos. Btw - there were lots of 30-35" fish as well, but massive groups of schoolies.

FishermanTim
06-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Maybe they were just schools of late-arriving herring and shad?

Maybe they will survive long enough to spawn at least once?

Maybe I need to shut up and get out and fish? (**WINNER**) :biglaugh:

Guppy
06-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Those are grass patches - if you know CC Bay, its pretty easy to figure out.

I was on those fish last Tuesday when they were on Billingsgate - fish literally for miles, and the bird action looked like the discovery channel. It was something to see.
Great photos. Btw - there were lots of 30-35" fish as well, but massive groups of schoolies.

Same thing, same place almost a year ago to the day.
I believe they moved to the same place again.

next stop probably Scorton

Jambed with work,,,, soon I hope :fishin: