View Full Version : This sucks

nightfighter
06-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Have to pull motor to rebuild tilt trim motor and lifts and bushings......parts next week just started pissing fluid so I knew it has to be done. Have yet to wet a line....

thefishingfreak
06-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Come with me Tomorow night, 5 ish
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

saltyric
06-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Have to pull motor to rebuild tilt trim motor and lifts and bushings......parts next week just started pissing fluid so I knew it has to be done. Have yet to wet a line....

Been there, Done that......Does suck! freakin boats!
Git er dun

Raven
06-05-2014, 06:16 AM
in the same boat so to speak
raring to go ...vehicle is not trustworthy
at the moment, Mechanic appt next tuesday
probably have to shell out a grand
to have peace of mind again.... :hs:

JFigliuolo
06-05-2014, 06:57 AM
ughhhh. Well, hope the repair goes smooth!

PRBuzz
06-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Lost 2 weeks of fishing time! Just back on the water Tuesday after replacing 2 broken fuel pumps, BOAT: bring out another thousand $!

nightfighter
06-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Waiting to see if an overnight soak of PB Blaster worked. Air wrench and two pounder wouldn't budge the two bolts I need to remove in order to lift off... At least I know the transom is sound and that motor wasn't going to fall off...
Since it is laid up, I am also going to change fuel pumps, the sending unit in the fuel tank and replace the bilge pump if I can't make the float switch like new. Fuel tank is galvy, so getting the plate off is going to be a challenge. Boat and motor are 1993, so some of this is (over)due. I maintain stuff, but things still wear out. B.O.A.T. = break out another thousand.

nightfighter
06-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Funny Buzz. Posted mine and saw yours....
This economy still sucks. No one has inventory.

nightfighter
06-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Come with me Tomorow night, 5 ish
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mike, I am still pretty slammed with work, so can't do a three day just yet... Maybe later this season. Going to need Friday to make up for what I can't get to today due to weather.

Raven
06-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Lost 2 weeks of fishing time! Just back on the water Tuesday after replacing 2 broken fuel pumps, BOAT: bring out another thousand $!

2 broken pumps? sounds illogical or nearly impossible

i' d be doing autopsies on them for c.o.d.....

nightfighter
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Should be ready for me to pick up tomorrow,...so I can load , paint, and fuel up. So looking at Friday or Saturday launch. I hope. Going to clean in the water. Need to get out....desperately.

Raven
06-25-2014, 07:31 PM
lightning at night