View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to these jig heads?

Eric Roach
06-05-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm pretty sure the jig head shown below from Bass Assassin used to come in weights up to 1.5 ounces, but I can't seem to find the heavier weights anywhere. The ones I am referring to had a lead collar where you see the wire screw in the photo.

I loved these heads, the sloping bottoms would help keep them from sinking too deep in current when fishing shallow areas; they made excellent heads for tying deceiver-style bucktails for the herring runs.

Does anyone know if these are still available -- or -- can anyone recommend a jig head that has a design for lifting it rather than driving it deeper like a lima bean/Upperman?

Thanks.

JLH
06-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I was looking around for these the other day and couldn't find them. Bass assassin was selling them on clearance a few years back for like 25 cents a head so I think they have may have been discontinued. They are good heads for soft plastics.

Eric Roach
06-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks, JLH.

Somewhere in the basement are some of these banana jig heads. It looks like the design might help the jig from running deep. Can anyone comment on these?