View Full Version : Cedar Fencing w/ lattice

Bliz
07-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can find cedar fence with lattice on the top? say a 6' X 6' or 6' X 8' ?...

I don't want to go to Home Cheapo! the quality there is horrible!

I need something quick!

Gloucester2
07-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Walpole Woodworkers . . . bring a large wad they are :eek: expensive

Christian
07-01-2003, 03:44 PM
cedar fence!!!??? soon youll want to cut it down and make plugs out of it. the cedar they use for the fences is pretty light, it makes some good top water swimmers. turns a little rough though, nothing sanding cant fix.

o yeah this thread is about fences isnt it?:) :rolleyes:

Raven
07-01-2003, 04:08 PM
christian!!.....it was used for fence posts many years ago and some are still standing....its one of the hardest woods known and reminds me of wood in california called manzanita....yes tough cutting but solid....

Backbeach Jake
07-01-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah, an old-timer told me once that locust fence posts last maybe 5 years less than granite ones. Might make great lures...

Got Stripers
07-01-2003, 05:53 PM
If you have time and want vinyl, I can direct you to an online company that will save you some serious bucks, plus put you in a lifetime transferable warranty fence. If you want to hire a mutt for an install, I'm your man, did two installs at my house, two at my sisters and one for a local business owner last summer to bring in some money when things were slow. Remember vinyl is final:).

Bliz
07-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Don't give me any ideas Christian!... ;)

My wife will come after you! :smash:

Bob,

Thanks for your suggestion on this, as we were initially going to go with the vinyl fencing for those same reasons you had mentioned. :)

The only drawback was that it would be too bright to use on the outer perimeter for our privacy deck, unless they have them in colors similar to that of the cedar... :confused:

This would be a great color to market if they don't make them already! :D

Do you have any links for this? :confused:

redcrbbr
07-02-2003, 08:09 PM
don, there is a place almost across from walmart in n.dartmouth, a few doors east of kings inn. you'll see sheds and stuff, they do have what your talking about...a bit pricey though. also take a cruise out to peckhams greenhouse in LC they have some stuff too.
also wife just mentioned she had some pretty good luck for cedar products (lattice) using google. some offer free shipping

Got Stripers
07-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Sorry didn't check back, yeah the link is as follows and tell Jim Sweet the owner I referred you, any order referred by me nets me a $100 check:).

www.vinylfenceanddeck.com

You can get email help from Jim @ info@vinylfenceanddeck.com

or toll free phone

877-88-vinyl

Good luck

Megabyte
07-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Cedarcraft Fence E.Greenwick, Exeter somewhere over there

Raven
07-08-2003, 05:19 AM
2 x 4's....selectively chosen for red colors....
and rip them on the table saw... power planing the showing side of the middles and stained with red oak stain - it looks like cedar or redwood.
and they are also stronger. but thats prolly more work 4u.

Bliz
07-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Raven, where are you in Northboro?

I have a brother in law living out there...

Raven
07-17-2003, 11:28 PM
not to far from the marlborough line.:cool: