View Full Version : Stonebrige boat Ramp

wdmso
06-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Found it today. looks nice and it free the only issue I never catch anything that side of the bay

spence
06-14-2014, 01:42 PM
You mean the new State ramp under the bridge?

wdmso
06-14-2014, 02:37 PM
yea grew up down there wanted to see what changed looked nice
just noticed spelled bridge wrong :hs:

redlite
06-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Looks r decieving. Worst designed ramp ever. Make sure u have long lines to reach the boat. Its a whore gettin around the railing. And u have to pull your truck so close to reach boat that u cant open your door to get out. Gotta go out passanger side. PIA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

timmah
06-14-2014, 03:08 PM
We stopped there last year and said no way and went to lc very bad design.

spence
06-14-2014, 03:42 PM
The best part is the contractor initially built it wrong and it was like 8 feet wide :smash:

They widened it this winter but it's still really tight all around. The area looks much nicer but I'm hoping it doesn't become a worse trash magnet than it already was.

-spence

bloocrab
06-14-2014, 04:09 PM
The set up is pretty sweet (other than the ramp).
The "Set up" area separate from the "Tie down" area, decent lot for parking....I do feel bad for Joe though, his ramp is still available but hardly getting used.
Only issue for some (as stated), is that it's too narrow. It will definitely teach some the fineness of backing up...AND pulling into a narrow dock when exiting the water.
Neither bother me much, but what can be a hassle are those who don't pull in their lines as you're coming back in as they allow fishing from the adjacent pier. Due to the small area, you only really see where their lines are when you're in close....be prepared to circle around if people are fishing the pier and the winds' honking. Not complaining, just saying...
It was in the paper recently that they are going to make some changes over the next year...making it wider (again), but losing the access dock. It's so tight between the pile-on/bridge column and fish pier that I'm not sure HOW they could make it wider and still have some type of float to get on the boat. It's going to be interesting.
The article was pretty interesting too...if you can find it. Somebody definitely dropped the ball on that one.

spence
06-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Did they fix Joe's ramp? I thought he said they damaged it but that was a while ago.

I've got to think the increases traffic would offset lost ramp fees with retail sales.

wdmso
06-15-2014, 07:17 AM
I didn't even think about the people fishing , I remember the boat ramp at the old stonebridge on Portsmouth side 15 point road seeing bullrakers leaving that ramp with somebody rod coming off the bridge

And with my lack of boat docking skills looks like i wont be going there

bloocrab
06-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Did they fix Joe's ramp? I thought he said they damaged it but that was a while ago.

I've got to think the increases traffic would offset lost ramp fees with retail sales.

His ramp is up and running, and yes...I would even go so far and say that it should more than offset the situation. He didn't have much for parking,...now the fishing pier is legal bringing in more revenue as well as all the additional boaters. The main lot was full today with some parked in the bushes...mayhem...single craft ramp with 1/2dozen boats waiting to put in and out...perhaps Joe should increase his fee and tag those not patient enough to wait...:grins:

spence
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
I noticed they painted a few parking spots in front. Waiting for someone to run over those little islands any day now :hihi:

I hated it when people would just leave their trailers anywhere, even sticking out into the road.

That's my neighborhood.