View Full Version : I told you bastard to stop killing every striper you catch

Duke41
07-10-2014, 04:50 PM
I use to fish out of Kenport years ago and I can remember this jackass walking around the docks trying to give away fish he had caught, everyone was stuffed so he just tossed them into the water off the docks. That as the beginning of the end. Years and years of listening to guys talk about all the fish they were killing. Every time I pointed this out the reaction was strong against. I saw pictures posted on this site of dozens of bluefish laying on the sand. Picture after picture of huge stripers dead on the sand or in a cooler. I have not kept a fish since 2005. So you know what, you get what you deserve. Narragansett Bay is a grave yard, the huge acres of blues from 10 years ago are gone. The stripers that sat of Brenton Reef gone, Beavertail gone, Narrow River gone.

So go ahead and proclaim what an a-hole I am, but you know I am right.

Clammer
07-10-2014, 05:54 PM
today in the bay ><<>

Duke41
07-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Mike how big was the school?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
07-10-2014, 07:06 PM
REALLY DESCENT ..... But ya had to SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ,,,, they weren,t breaking .... acting more like trout when they are on flies .............. sometimes just the fin was above water .
But they banged the heck out of Denis,s Jig ............. I don,t fish for them .SOOOOOO I watched :jump1:

scottw
07-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I watched them doing the same thing on the Sakonnet the other day....just cruising near the surface under me...only breaking/rolling occasionally, I thought they were feeding but couldn't see anything that they might be feeding on, I managed a few on flies but had to put it right where one rolled and only got follows most of the time, never seen bluefish so picky...probably nervous because the bass are all gone and figure they're next

ronfish
07-11-2014, 05:49 AM
scottw- I've been seeing alot of very small crabs in some of the areas I've been fishing. They maybe feeding on the crab hatch. These things are small- alittle less than the diameter of a pencil. Good luck.
Ron

ThrowingTimber
07-14-2014, 07:56 AM
july crab hatches

5/0
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
I managed a few on flies

Blues on a fly rod? That musta been fun!

But back to the killing part,yeah I knew a few humans that would kill fish and would give/try (sorry trying to under score "try") to friends and family.and when it wasn't givin away off to the trash barrel it went.
it's tough to see this happen,and God forbid,when you say/mention that what their doing is not conventional I'd get t he speech "who are you Captain Planet"?.
Really?!?!
No,Actually I'm someone who gives a chit and your a donkey for killing small fish which you think are trophies,ass munch!

Fly Rod
07-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I hate to C people gaffing bluefish...there is nothing to be afraid of by grabbing them and releasing them....oops! only one exception for me is when putting them in the smoker...:)

scottw
07-14-2014, 11:30 PM
I think you guys were exactly right about the crab hatch...I was at the shore with my kids this weekend and they were noticing tons of the tiniest size crabs everywhere

big jay
07-15-2014, 05:56 AM
I think you guys were exactly right about the crab hatch...I was at the shore with my kids this weekend and they were noticing tons of the tiniest size crabs everywhere

Scott - I've got a seine net in the garage. If you want to borrow it, it's alot of fun for the kids.

jimmy z
07-19-2014, 09:59 AM
There are them's that care and there is them's that don't give a darn. The ones that care are not the weekend warriors.

BatesBCheatin
07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
There are them's that care and there is them's that don't give a darn. The ones that care are not the weekend warriors.

There are also plenty of old timers and regulars who even lived through the first collapse that don't give a #^&#^&#^&#^&. I used to see it all the time especially at the fisherman's ghetto known as the Cape Cod Canal. I don't fish there much anymore, myself. From what I hear nothing has changed down there. Dave Pickering's latest blog entry is a good example.

In my estimation about 70 to 80 percent of all fishermen don't really care about the resource. If you see posts on web sites concerning the potential problems with the fishery and what people can do about it (not necessarily this site) , the amount of responses are pitiful. It is very telling. Selfish aholes rule this sport/hobby.