View Full Version : Tips for black sea bass?

JFigliuolo
07-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Anyone have any tips for Black Sea Bass? what type of conditions they can be found in and tactics to catch them?

Never targeted them specifically and would like to try.

piemma
07-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Call Clammer Joe. He's the master.

Clammer
07-11-2014, 11:59 AM
don,t worry about the BSB .u should be on the bass & blues busting all over B/R ><><:buds:

bassballer
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
joe lets go out next week

Poncho
07-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Just find a consentration of lobster pot on a reef and use one or two hooks with a bottom weight and use small pieces of squid drift over th with motor off just let weight drag and basically dead stick with little or no jig
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ThrowingTimber
07-15-2014, 12:19 PM
You need BUZZY! He is the seabass whisperer!

MakoMike
07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Simple fish on rock piles with clams. Leave a bit of the clam's stomach attached to the foot and make strips of it.

Gloucester2
07-16-2014, 02:01 PM
6 ounce hammered diamond jig will cull out the bigger fish - drift over any likely bottom

JLH
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM
The toughest thing with seabass is finding a good concentration of larger fish. A lot of spots have small ones but it seems that only a few areas produce really nice sized ones with consistency. I've always used a simple high low rig with squid (preferably heads) or clams for them.

Mr. Sandman
07-17-2014, 05:26 AM
If you can't catch a sea bass you should take up golf. The bottom is paved with sea bass to the point of it becoming a real problem IMO. Around here you can drop anything anyplace and catch a sea bass in a few seconds. You don't need bait, just put a jig on and put it on the bottom.

RIROCKHOUND
07-17-2014, 05:45 AM
If you can't catch a sea bass you should take up golf. The bottom is paved with sea bass to the point of it becoming a real problem IMO.

Isn't that the truth.... :smash:

Moses
07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Just find a consentration of lobster pot on a reef and use one or two hooks with a bottom weight and use small pieces of squid drift over th with motor off just let weight drag and basically dead stick with little or no jig

What he said. I target a few areas in May & June in Buzzards Bay which produce every year. My two sons love catching them & I love eating them. A couple big boys from this season.

I never use bait, always use small jigs (Kalin heads w 4-5" rubber, 3/4 oz Spros w grub tail).

PRBuzz
07-18-2014, 05:58 AM
trolling SP minnows deep works too! Right Swimmer? :)

Got Stripers
07-18-2014, 07:15 AM

Just hope the guy running the pots isn't nearby, there is a guy that drops pots on hump I fish near Gay Head, who will verbally rip you a new Ahole if you even consider dropping a hook or even drift and jig near his pots. Last year I watched him rip into a family anchored close to his line and I had my camera ready to document the mayhem I thought for sure was about to follow.

Poncho
07-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Just hope the guy running the pots isn't nearby, there is a guy that drops pots on hump I fish near Gay Head, who will verbally rip you a new Ahole if you even consider dropping a hook or even drift and jig near his pots. Last year I watched him rip into a family anchored close to his line and I had my camera ready to document the mayhem I thought for sure was about to follow.

Guy sounds like a real a hole

JFigliuolo
07-18-2014, 06:50 PM
If you can't catch a sea bass you should take up golf...

anyone have used clubs for sale???????

Guppy
07-18-2014, 07:21 PM
anyone have used clubs for sale???????

:biglaugh::biglaugh:ii