View Full Version : keen H2O sandals goes corkers

5/0
07-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Well modified, I've seen and heard pro's and con's on the name brands of corkers, and for the price you pay is supposed to be what you get but it seems the tides have turned, you have to spend a good coin for something worth while.
Well I'm to tight to drop big money on a seasonal hobby so as always I have improvised to stay in the game.
Here's a pic of $80 Keen's H2O Newport sandals with 1/4" X1/2" tech screws installed with super glue, which should help them stay nailed in.
I'll be hitting the rocks of Maine next week as a trial run, these rocks are similar to RI. So I'll pass along an update, but thought I'd share with those on a budget.

5/0

Higgie
07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Nice Bob. I've been doing a similar set up on my Simms felts but with a finish washer. For the 5$ it cost to fill both boots I haven't had a reason to switch it up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Watch out for pebbles getting in there. I wore my chaco sandals over my waters once and little pebbles drove me INSANE

iamskippy
07-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Interest

ThrowingTimber
07-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Good luck bob! Some of that bubble weed up there korkers do you no good. You just sort of fold it over on itself and hope you dont break anything, ask redlite.

tlapinski
07-18-2014, 10:13 AM
I have used those screws in the past on boots and they work great at first but tend to wear down fast. Keep and eye on them and be sure to replace any that are warn down before they become too flat and you can't get them out of the shoes.