View Full Version : ? about illegal boat docks or morings

tinyboatbigfish
07-17-2014, 07:16 PM
My question is who do I call to find out if a dock has a permit to be where it is I fish a place with my 10 year old sons and I now see that not only is the dock in a different place now its twice the size and my son an I are upset it was a great spot to take kids to and almost catch fish every trip any help would be great to find out about it thanks.

PRBuzz
07-17-2014, 07:31 PM
The harbor master?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
In ri you'd contact CRMC. Not sure about mass

Swimmer
07-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Permits are needed for location and size changes, without a doubt. Planning board, building inspector. DE(state)

zacs
07-18-2014, 07:50 AM
In ri you'd contact CRMC. Not sure about mass

And the town.

clcharette
07-21-2014, 01:38 PM
If its in Ma, It would be the Conservation Commission. A plan would have had to be drawn and a public hearing with Abutters being notified for comments. DEP would have received a copy and would have issued a file number.

beamie
07-21-2014, 09:12 PM
In Mass there is a STATE permit under Chapter 91 that is required and as previously stated many locals are also involved. In Marshfield this would be a permit from the town and conservation commission. It is quite a process as engineered sitework elevation drawings are required.

Sorry to here that your honey hole isn't as easy to fish. There have been many many new docks going in...in both the North and South rivers over the last 5 years.