View Full Version : How many still actually type their posts???

FishermanTim
07-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I realized after having to decipher some posts, as well as my brothers phone texts, that there is a problem with people using voice reconition programs to post and text.

Apparently either the systems are about as advanced as a "speak and spell" toy, people are too lazy to do a "spell check" on their comments, or they have a mouth full of owl pellets and think that what they hear in their head is coming out of their pie-hole just as clearly!

I'm getting sick and tired of having to do a quick "crypto-quote" puzzle every time I read a post or text.

And they wonder why others think they are as thick as a brick??

Guppy
07-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow,, that sounds like someone I live with LOL :uhuh:

And you got me wondering about me :confused:

paradoxjim
07-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I guess I'm old school, too. I still type my posts, though I do like to use the speech recognition for texting. I spend the time correcting the sounds picked up by the phone that come out of my pie hole so that the recipient does not have to use cryptography deciphering tools.

Fly Rod
07-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Type all my own.....glad U mentioned that...no since in getting a voice recognition device...:)

Raider Ronnie
07-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I've been trying the voice recognition with my new Galaxy but it's not much better than me and my big thumbs.
Went into the at&t store to see if there are ways to change the settings to recognize my voice better or a Boston Accent.
No luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
07-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Phone typing to slow

Jackbass
07-23-2014, 06:06 AM
I type everything. Does not mean my punctuation is any better than those that use voice recognition

JohnnySaxatilis
07-23-2014, 06:55 AM
I don't think its the voice recognition, its the damn auto correct that's the problem...
http://www.autocorrectfail.org/

JohnnySaxatilis
07-23-2014, 06:57 AM
CASE AND POINT. Jackbass with his post from a little while ago:

"I caught two hundred pounders this weekend. Then I woke up in a cold sweat to a three month old screaming feed me and I have mustard up my back slave!!"

haha sorry mark

Jenn
07-23-2014, 07:46 PM
what is this voice recognition thing you speak of? haha! Seriously still old school here....

Raven
07-24-2014, 05:31 AM
what is this voice recognition thing you speak of? haha! Seriously still old school here....

it's a voice program. that you have to train to your type of slang
or northeastern accent

not just for typing - for doing as well

commands such as open , print , file delete search ect.

even FUS RoH dah :) or "OK google now" on my android phone
and i'll ask it - HAS Jenn got with the program?

that always screws it up heh heh heh

Raven
07-24-2014, 05:52 AM
bottom line >>>or new school soon

"quote"
If users want to use Dark Mail as its own email sending program, Levison is developing an email client called "Volcano."
From initial sketches Levison showed CNNMoney, Volcano won't look or feel too different from every other email service we use.

end quote: but it will flip off the NSA - no more snooping- late fall

until then you can buy one of these....
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/hand-1.jpg

then you can say "I didn't type that!!! he did :point: :rotflmao:

FishermanTim
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM
It's funny because even when you get past the system issues you may encounter, it still boils down to poor diction, poor reviewing skills or both!
I sent a text using the voice recognition app, and I made it a point to enunciate as clearly as I could, and it posted the words correctly.

I still would rather type by hand so I can correct (if needed) as I go along.

Raven
07-24-2014, 12:22 PM
on the other hand
since my spelling is nearly perfect

i'll spell the damned word
any way i want to.... :)