View Full Version : Gillette Parking

ProfessorM
08-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Any advise on parking at events. I am taking my daughter to see a concert tomorrow night and would love not to sit in a traffic jam for hours after the show or is that the norm. Have not been there in a long time. Thanks P.

jonserfish
08-06-2014, 04:56 PM
1d in the house lol. parking/traffic sucks period. one way in/out. unless u leave early

ProfessorM
08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah wife did a Worcester concert few months back I got this one. I will be wearing my Zappa and the Mothers shirt and earplugs. The screaming will be relentless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
08-06-2014, 05:43 PM
OMG - One Direction----- Good Luck

Higgie
08-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Paul I think Gillette for concerts isn't nearly as bad as other places. I recommend parking in a lot on the side of route 1 that favors your direction of exit. Slip the kid a few bucks to park you closer to the entrance.

jettyjockey18
08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
my wife and daughter are going saturday night...i advised her to park in a satellite lot outside of Gillette...not sure if it will help but it cant hurt...

Redsoxticket
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Pay a friend of family to taxi you to and from the stadium. You figure the cost of parking, gas and aggravation could amount to good cash for that person.

jredfly
08-06-2014, 10:13 PM
You are a freakin saint to be going to see one dimension. My daughter is going with a friend and her Mom. Glad I didn't get that duty. Enjoy the show. :smash:

i usually park at the lot by the driving range. A little bit of a walk but not too bad, considering the quick escape. Good Luck.

5/0
08-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Paul, I think one of the best routes you could take would be 495N to 95N to exit 8 South Main St. Sharon/ Mechanic St. Foxboro. At the tail end of the ramp stay left, merge onto Mechanic St. Follow it roughly for 3/4 of a mile and turn right onto Beech St. This will be your first right after the veterinarian office. Follow to the end (maybe 2.5 miles) this will bring you to North St. At that point turn right, follow to route 1as you approach Rt.1 turn left into Foxboro terminals this is at the corner of North St. and Rt1, parking should be $30 , sorry not quite sure on price because it does vary On events.
As you pull in follow it all the way down at the first jog in the building stay left for a short distance then you'll be bearing right this will bring you right to the tracks from there you will park and walk left onto the tracks, this will bring you out to the train drop off at Gillette . This
is what I found to be the best for me.

Good luck at the show.

Slipknot
08-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Like I said last night to you, if you don't mind the walk, the Golds' Gym lot is pretty easy out. If you can take a chance try P2 but if full you'll have to do a u turn at the light. Do NOT park in P 11 or the other large lot across the street from the stadium.
good luck and don't sweat it, it is what it is

Higgie
08-07-2014, 06:06 AM
I second slip the golds / rodman lot is where I usually park

piemma
08-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Any advise on parking at events. I am taking my daughter to see a concert tomorrow night and would love not to sit in a traffic jam for hours after the show or is that the norm. Have not been there in a long time. Thanks P.

God go with you.:fury:

stripermaineiac
08-07-2014, 08:19 AM
See you again at Plugfest. You might be home by then

Raider Ronnie
08-07-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm 3.5 miles away.
How much you want to pay for taxi service to & from ?

ProfessorM
08-07-2014, 09:12 AM
LOL. Thanks Ron but I would not impose that on anyone. My sister in law lives in Walpole just over the line and she would not even offer.

The Dad Fisherman
08-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I just bring a grill, get out of the event and fire it up, have a burger or something while everybody fights their way out....then clean up and drive out.

ProfessorM
08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Made it. Now if we can avoid getting struck by lightening it will be a great time for my daughter.

striperman36
08-07-2014, 05:25 PM
All over now

stripermaineiac
08-07-2014, 08:43 PM
If you get stuck there more than a week we can airlift some beer n munchies.