View Full Version : INTERESTING EVENING

FishermanTim
08-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Fished the bridge in Dux last night, managed a couple schoolies even with fish busting all over the place. (well, at least where I was)

Left and stopped at the town docks to see what was hanging around there, and I find that there was a major worm hatch going on.

Then I realized why I heard so many fish busting at the bridge....because they were all small fish.

Man, this year just can't seem to catch up to where it should be!!!

piemma
08-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Fished the bridge in Dux last night, managed a couple schoolies even with fish busting all over the place. (well, at least where I was)

Left and stopped at the town docks to see what was hanging around there, and I find that there was a major worm hatch going on.

Then I realized why I heard so many fish busting at the bridge....because they were all small fish.

Man, this year just can't seem to catch up to where it should be!!!

Ok, now I feel better. I thought there was a worm hatch going on in Warwick Cove about 2 weeks ago but dismissed it as to late. Now I think it was!!

ThrowingTimber
08-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Worms actually hatch all year including the winter on very rare occasion. All it takes is enough sun to get that muddy bottom to the right temps and it makes the worms hawnee
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-21-2014, 07:33 PM
There were some in westport this past weekend. Those bastards can swim pretty fast!

Zeal
08-21-2014, 08:14 PM
That happened to me last spring and so far this year (they hardly had their own stripes!)

Raven
08-26-2014, 06:08 PM
. All it takes is enough sun to get that muddy bottom to the right temps and it makes the worms hawnee

:rotflmao: they're all hermaphrodites ..... WICKED funny Victor

JohnR
08-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Clammer & I ran into a crab hatch a few years back - big slurps all over the water.

Cohenfishin
08-26-2014, 08:07 PM
:rotflmao: they're all hermaphrodites .....

That explains why jay knows they swim fast. He was trying to catch em....

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-26-2014, 08:48 PM
That explains why jay knows they swim fast. He was trying to catch em....

You know it!

Clammer
08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
yeah ,,and we caught less than at a worm hatch ...:smash: