View Full Version : Awesome sight yesterday

FishermanTim
08-25-2014, 03:33 PM
I "tried" fishing Heard Pond yesterday, but a serious algae bloom had the water a cloudy green, to the point where a white plastic lure would disappear in less than a foot down.
Didn't catch anything and was heading back to shore to move on to a new waterway when I heard and saw an osprey chattering up a storm in a tall pine near the shore.

This pond has a good population of osprey so seeing them is a regular sight.

What surprised me was what it was chattering about.
It kept diving at the pine tree repeatedly, until it peeved off what was there.....an eagle!

(I tell you it is always good to see things "in perspective" to others so you can truly see just how big these birds are.)

The osprey is a big bird in its own rights, but when the eagle took flight, it stunted the osprey.

What was the icing on the cake was watching the osprey chase the eagle off its turf, and every time the osprey got within 2-3 feet of the eagle, it would flip upside down, exposing its talons before flipping back over. It did this with the ease that we snap our fingers, and it did it in full flight without missing a wing-beat!

I literally laughed out loud, mainly because these two birds are apparently going to be seeing a lot of each other on a regular basis.

(I believe this eagle was either one of the mating pair that was seen a couple years back, or one of it's offspring.)

That was an awesome sight to behold!!!

Clammer
08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
best things are free //NICE :buds: