View Full Version : Beer Ratings

DZ
08-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I enjoyed this perspective about beer ratings.

http://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/beer-ratings-holding-back

Sea Dangles
08-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Taste don't lie

Sea Dangles
08-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Taste don't lie
said the man drinking Peeper Ale

The Dad Fisherman
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
But it is that good....:drool: :hee:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Ian
08-28-2014, 10:01 PM
I get where he is coming from, but I disagree with the overall point. I enjoy using the ratings from various sources to help direct my choices in an ever crowded market. If everyone's tastes were the same or you could trust that any given local employee had the knack for accurately describing beer flavor in an objective manner, then I think this holds merit. But that's just simply not true. Now I only use Beer advocate ratings for beers as I contribute to their ratings, know and trust their formula, and have been steered in the right direction hundreds of times from their site. Maybe other sites do actually suck.

Great read though! Always nice to hear other opinions and get the brain spinning.

rphud
08-28-2014, 10:04 PM
It’s huge and complex and lovely, and it is that good.

There are a lot of very, very good beers out there these days. Finding them and trying them is the fun part. Even when they are not the best beer in the world.

Like maybe some Ghandi Bot at the brewery this weekend!

Clogston29
08-31-2014, 04:46 PM
I find beer advocate useful. My tastes seem to jive with their ratings in general, particularly the bros. Saves me from wasting money. Rate beer is useless as everything gets high ratings.

Clogston29
08-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Trying and finding is good, but there's lots of average stuff out there as the market is flooded. No need wasting money and time.