View Full Version : ITS TIME TO FISH OR CUT BAIT

dannyplug1
08-28-2014, 08:34 PM
At the risk of offending some, its time to make a stand. If you think the bass are in trouble as I believe, its time to go to one of the meetings and say your peace. If you don't go, the bass population will continue to decline and we will have no one to blame but our selves. The people who make money from dead bass will be vocal and in numbers at the meetings. Its time to show the appointed officials what the majority of the angling community feels about the bass situation and regulations intended to address the situation. Over the last four years my friends and I have seen the steady decline in our catch. I look on the internet boards and see we are not alone. Up and down the striper coast the story is the same: no bass. Note there are isolated pockets of bass like block island where the last of the stock is being slaughtered as the price of bass goes ever higher. The situation requires immediate (not over three years!) and decisive action. If we don't attend meetings, express our concerns the regulators will not have the courage to do what's necessary. In short if you want to have stripers to fish for, its time to cut bait or fish. See you at the meetings.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-28-2014, 11:40 PM
You looking at State or Fed changes? Rec or Commercial? Either way the guys who piss and moan on the boards won't join the fight because they always have something else important to do . But they will be here right after the hearings to piss their pants and moan. Good post though!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
08-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Yep - go to the meetings

Sea Dangles
08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Who knew?
See you at Block Island

ProfessorM
08-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Chris you always make me laugh.

bobber
08-29-2014, 12:44 PM
yup- go to the meetings. the commercial sector WILL BE THERE- with their kids, wives, etc.

if you want to have a chance to catch a bass if the next few years- its time to get off your ass and go

fishbones
08-29-2014, 01:42 PM
If they held the meetings at a bar or strip club they'd get more guys from this site to show up.

Jackbass
08-29-2014, 01:47 PM
yup- go to the meetings. the commercial sector WILL BE THERE- with their kids, wives, etc.

if you want to have a chance to catch a bass if the next few years- its time to get off your ass and go

The changes are going to be to both sides regardless. IMHO what Mass did this year was brilliant. Takes the pressure off single bodies of fish doesn't flood the market guys that actually fish for a living should make out well.

Regardless if people can show it will be good. It doesn't hurt to submit a letter but being there makes a difference. That being said I hope the mafia is wrong but for the most part that is the way it tends to happen. Been around enough chest beaters that don't do crap when it comes down to it.

All the best boys there are three opportunities in MA to attend be there.

wdmso
08-31-2014, 07:38 AM
I support and would like to see any of the three for rec guys
Option B:
B9 2 (1 slot, 1 trophy) 1 fish 28-37” slot 1 fish 40” min

B3 1 32min and B4 1 28-40” slot

Comm B16
Massachusetts 1,159,750 869,813 Pounds reduction
I find Maine reduction from Maine 250* Pounds to 188 pounds just shows the lack of common sense and lack of seriousness just unilateral % cuts across the Boards. I don't think Maine proposes a threat to stripe bass

And I don't know any comm guys who make their yearly living Just off bass commercial . but know several who will do it for a quick buck. but future thinking isn't in a lot of commercial guys DNA . they need to start acting like the drug dealer not the user the dealer wants his users hooked give's them enough to keep his profits coming in to high a price they go else where to much product it tanks his profit.
But seem Comm Guys have the User mentality I want more and more because I flooded the market it drove prices down now I need more fish at a lower to make money and its a downward spiral. until they crash one stock and move on to the next . its been happening for years .. sorry for the rant

bobber
08-31-2014, 03:16 PM
The changes are going to be to both sides regardless. IMHO what Mass did this year was brilliant. Takes the pressure off single bodies of fish doesn't flood the market guys that actually fish for a living should make out well.

agreed- commercial fishing for stripers is never gonna go away, so it might as well go forward in a way that keeps prices at a decent level for those guys, reduces the local pressure on specific bodies of fish, AND takes some of the circus atmosphere out of the fishery

Stewie
08-31-2014, 03:40 PM
When and where is the next meeting?