View Full Version : Fun hour with the kid and a sabiki

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-04-2014, 09:20 PM
I told him if he ate all of his lunch at school I would take him for an hour or so when he got off the bus. 2nd day of kindergarten! He ate his lunch or threw it away who knows. He ran off the bus and said I ate it all let's go. We had our friends 10 year old daughter with us. We fished 1 rod on a dock in 7 feet of water. They caught a bunch of juvenile Sea Robbins, Black Sea bass, snapper blues, hickory shad, jack crevalle' and to top it off a 2.5-3 inch Snowy Grouper! They also netted peanut bunker, silversides, mums and shrimp. The Snowy Grouper came on her 1st drop and her 1st saltwater fish. All fish were in the 3 inch range but was probably the most fun trip all year even though it was for less than an hour.

beamie
09-04-2014, 11:05 PM
ooooh. Kids and Sabikis. That could have gotten ugly fast. Hope you at least cut it in half for less hooks.:rotf2:

You do know that Sabiki in Japanese means "my finger is bleeding"

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-04-2014, 11:32 PM
ooooh. Kids and Sabikis. That could have gotten ugly fast. Hope you at least cut it in half for less hooks.:rotf2:

You do know that Sabiki in Japanese means "my finger is bleeding"

Yup cut it in half and still managed a hook in the shorts while I was looking the other way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy
09-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Nice one Tony, nothing like a good bribe :)

Boat show coming up, hope to see ya down there.

iamskippy
09-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Great story and sounds like,fun
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device