View Full Version : homeshow

eelman
03-02-2001, 10:24 AM
Hey there john,Who you going to the homeshow with? I was thinking of going tonight.

JohnR
03-02-2001, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure yet. Gwen wants to go but I don't know how we can do that yet... I'll talk to her and let you know later...

You got the pictures, right??

Fishpart
03-02-2001, 01:17 PM
John,
The BEST thing I ever bought was a backpack. Maybe Liam is still a little small to go on the back, but once he can hold his head up they work great. We take the kids everywhere, thy like it because they can see and we like it because you don't have to use your stroller to smash your way through store displays and crowds. My oldest is 35 pounds and he still rides in the pack from time to time.

Now if I can just score some tickets to the home show.

chris L
03-02-2001, 05:12 PM
John
kiam is still a little young but those backpacks are great . I used to take my daughter fishing on my back as I casted in a small shallow river near my house . The comments from the other fishers were priceless . Mine is still like new never used it with #2 . I have hiked mountains with my pack on really convienant . That is the best thing they invented a stroller is a pain in the neck , so I had the pack my wife the stroller . Very safe as long as its a good one . especially good for shows .

JohnR
03-02-2001, 07:04 PM
I've been looking to get one of those too after seeing people fish with their babies on board.
Several of us were fishing the Vineyard derby and were on the way home from the daybreak Wasque Albie run when we saw some albies breaking off Chappy beach. We get out of the line for the ferry and get out our gear. There are twenty people there and the only person getting fish is this lady with a 6 moth old or so baby in one of those packs. She keeps casting, singing nursery rhimes to the baby (but changing the words to relate to fishing) and she's the only one hooking up.... She must have gotten 5 or 6 torpedoes while the rest of us got skunked all while singing nursery rhimes to the kid. My only fear was that the kid would dump over the top when she knely down to release a fish or that a stray "Murderous Richard" would snag the poor kid...

Fishpart
03-03-2001, 02:12 PM
And just like fishing equipment you can't afford to buy a cheap one. We tried a couple cheap loaners and when we bought we got the best we could afford.

Jenn
03-05-2001, 05:28 PM
murderous richard????? I think you and my husband are speaking the same language!!!!!!!!! Tell me....are you an "intelligent burro" to your wife as well???? Yup....I know your type... :O

JohnR
03-05-2001, 05:37 PM
Jawohl meine dame, I am a wise arse with her but that's just part of my loveable husband bit... And "Murderous Richards" and "Nordic Zits" are great lures... Kinda like the Megabait, known on the Vineyard as the "Jersey Man's Chin"