View Full Version : Yamaha 150 hose flush

Liv2Fish
09-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I was flushing out the engines today and couldn't get water to come out of the SW discharge port on either engine. I know it was coming out of them before today because I used to hold my hand in the stream until it got cold so I knew it was actual fresh water coming out.

Any ideas? Weird that it is both engines.

Guppy
09-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Ear muffs?
I have to clamp them on my yahmy to get the piss port working,,, real pain

Liv2Fish
09-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Ear muffs?
I have to clamp them on my yahmy to get the piss port working,,, real pain

No, the hose connection. The little hose that just screws onto a dummy plugged hose bib while in normal operating conditions? You unscrew it and thread the hose into it.

I hate the muffs too.

Guppy
09-08-2014, 05:55 AM
I have that connection also, not sure if that water reaches as much as muffs , I dun no :confused:

I'll be putting in a new impeller this winter (two seasons on existing)

My guess is it's not a big deal unless your not getting it with the engines in the drink! Shut ur down :uhuh:

thefishingfreak
09-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Sand can clog the nipple. Poke at it with heavy mono.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot
09-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Sand can clog the nipple. Poke at it with heavy mono.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

salt can also

if you don't have heavy mono, then weed whacker string works also

piemma
09-09-2014, 08:19 AM
the guys in my marina claim I am too anal but I flush my Yami with fresh water after every trip. I always use the hose connection and have never had a problem on the 115.
However, I did have the same problem as discussed on my 90 and the hole was clogged with salt. I used a very thin cable tie and cleaned it out.

Guppy
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I flush my Yami with fresh water after every trip. .

Amen to that,,,, same here. The thought of salt water sitting inside the engine for a day or two would drive me nuts.

Had a salt water cooled inboard years ago,,,, talk about rust and corrosion! :fury:

Billybob
09-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Heads up on the 150's, you may have to change the counter balance shafts. Depends on the year/serial number - we're doing my buddy's this weekend. This has nothing to do with your pisser, but it is something not many people know they may have to do.

Liv2Fish
09-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Heads up on the 150's, you may have to change the counter balance shafts. Depends on the year/serial number - we're doing my buddy's this weekend. This has nothing to do with your pisser, but it is something not many people know they may have to do.

Thanks. Do you know the range of serial numbers? These are new this year.

Liv2Fish
09-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Still same issue. I stuck weed whacker string up there about 18" and still nothing. It definitely pisses normally when idling in the water. Just doesn't piss on the hose rinse after the first couple of times out.

piemma
09-21-2014, 02:35 AM
Just very weird. I'd check with a Yami dealer just to be sure.

bloocrab
09-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Stupid question, but are you getting enough water pressure from your garden hose? Only because it doesn't add up. Idling in sea water and idling during a flush out.........is idling?? At least on my 115Johnny

Guppy
09-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Just to confuse things, see what happens with clamped on ear mufs.

Liv2Fish
09-21-2014, 07:10 AM
This is not while idling, just flushing with the hose port. Yesterday, they both DID piss out of the pisser while on the hose. Must be water pressure related. I do have killer water pressure here though, like 95-100 PSI.

Guppy
09-21-2014, 06:03 PM
My 115 Yama will not piss via the hose connect nor the mufs unless I clamp the mufs tight to the unit. I see on T H Truth I'm not alone, has to do with internal pressure or sumpton... As long as it pisses with lower unit in the drink at idle , all is well from what I've read