View Full Version : Wellfleet suggestions

JoeBass
09-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm going to be visiting Wellfleet MA on the cape in about 2 weeks for a long weekend. I've never been in the area and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, in general, about where to fish. I don't even know wether to fish in the bay or the ocean side. I'll be surf casting plugs and probably eels.It looks like a lot of open beach on google. Is it accessible? Not looking for any spot burns just general advice. Thank you for any thoughts.

DZ
09-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Stop at the Eastham National seashore salt pond visitor center on the way and pick up a nighttime surfcasting parking permit. Get some of the beach guide brochures and you're good to go.
DZ

JamesJet
09-10-2014, 05:31 PM
There are some absolutely picture perfect areas to fish up that way. Seals have certainly changed some of the fishing. I used to fish up there a lot in the fall, and as long as you don't mind a walk, it can be great. Heck sometimes depending on wind they are right there at the bottom of the stairs. Nelsons B+T is a good place to start, he has good local knowledge and supplies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JoeBass
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Thank you for the advice. It's hard fishing a place for the first time and only a couple days. I appreciate it.

Jackbass
09-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Dates?

fishonnelsons
09-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Call us at nelsons when you are coming up. 508 487 0034. We will give you the low down on what is or is not happening, from eastham to ptown. Give paul a call at blackbeards b and t in eastham as well. He has a great base of what and where down there.

5/0
09-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Nice advice guys!

JoeBass
09-15-2014, 02:22 PM
I'll be there from Friday Sept 19th through Monday. Thank you so much. I'll be calling. Can't wait to be striper fishing again. Only get to Maine 2 weeks a year and that was back 6 weeks ago.

massbassman
09-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Good advice on Blackbeards BT... Paul is a super nice guy, and always has a pulse on the fish in that area.

Jackbass
09-15-2014, 09:39 PM
I'll be there from Friday Sept 19th through Monday. Thank you so much. I'll be calling. Can't wait to be striper fishing again. Only get to Maine 2 weeks a year and that was back 6 weeks ago.

I will PM you if I am down, if you're interested, you can jump in the buggy with me. Cover some sand. Unless there is a bite going on at another beach I'll let you know.

JoeBass
09-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Well, no fish for me. There was "mung weed" covering the bottom . New to me. Fished 4 or 5 spots. Nuthin. But not having been out there I was really impressed with how beautiful it was. And so remote feeling. I'd love to go back. Thank you again for the info all. I'll get them next time.