View Full Version : Exactly how old are they???

FishermanTim
09-29-2014, 10:55 PM
The "On The Water" fishing forecasts in the Herald.

How old are thee reports?
Are they current or maybe they are just re-reporting old information from years ago.
The last two reports had the east end regularly producing 40" fish, day and night.

I go down, knowing that I can only catch what is there to begin with, yet after spending hours tossing everything but the kitchen sink I have nothing but a sore back and arms for my troubles.

Yeah, I know that there is never a guarantee of a big fish every trip, but I have yet to get a keeper from the canal. Sorry but four schoolies over 3 months is just no right.

Since the crack "On the Water" report staff are so wrong so often, I am glad I gave up on the salt for most of the year. I found some spectacular freshwater locals that allowed me to catch big LARGEMOUTH bass and I didn't have to waste time and gas in the process.

I hope the fishing picks up, but I can't wait (years) to see if I'm right!!!

Raven
09-30-2014, 09:53 AM
well spoken

they're trying to keep the lore alive

FishermanTim
10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
AND the Herald stopped posting fishing forecasts right after Striper-Fest, even though the fall run is usually just getting started.

Yet they will CONTINUE to post stories about sports that aren't being played and player that shouldn't play.

On most days, if it weren't for the comics, I would have no reason to read the papers.

Raven
10-04-2014, 04:02 AM
they are for wrapping fish heads heh heh heh

iamskippy
10-04-2014, 06:45 AM
I started to watch toby's weekly video untill it started to become BS and annoyed me. I know hes only reporting on what he gets from places so i am not mad at him but as a respected fisherman i would think he would shave off the BS.

I forget one of the reports he gave but i pounded that area that week before and during the report with no people in site and it was dead, that was the turning point for me.

And if you are going to say i coudnt be there for everytide, well your wrong i was laid off and took up the life ....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BMEUPSCOTTY
10-04-2014, 09:57 AM
they are for wrapping fish heads heh heh heh

And for washing windows! :)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
10-20-2014, 12:35 PM
They must be losing their audience because they are no longer on CSN (Comcast Sports Network) on Sunday mornings.

You know you are the proverbial "red-headed step-child" of sports tv when you are replaced by some lame-arsed Patriot rehash of what they did last week or are gonna do this week!

I wish I didbn't have to pay for channels that have REAL fishing shows on them. Almost all of the decent shows that USED to be on EPSN2 are gone, replaced with european soccer.

One more reason to tell the cable company to stick it where the sun don't shine!