View Full Version : Water Witch water solid state bilge pump switches

Liv2Fish
09-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Anyone use these?

http://www.waterwitchinc.com/new/SiteElements/Pages/SecondaryPages/Products/BilgeSwitches.html

thefishingfreak
10-03-2014, 06:52 AM
seems like a good idea.

paradoxjim
10-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Had one in my previous boat. Never had to worry about something falling into the bilge and obstructing the float. Worked very well. I'll likely replace my current float switch with another"witch."

Liv2Fish
10-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm going replace my pumps with two 1500 gph pumps with 1/8th through hulls and add one of the witches for each pump. I"m going to install one higher than the other to create a primary and secondary scenario. I'm also going to install one for a high water alarm.

I have to reroute a bunch of hoses too because the factory did a #^&#^&#^&#^& job, just crammed it all together. I have two live well pumps that are fed off of a "T" that threads into the seacock and there are two heavy hoses resting across both pumps. Just a matter of time before one of the pumps breaks off at the fitting. There are no riser loops in the bilge pump discharge hoses. The discharges are almost at water level and the hoses go directly from the through hulls down to the pumps. When I found my boat full of sea water, I know those discharges were below the water line and I'm sure they were also siphoning in water through the pumps until I turned them on.

Guppy
10-03-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm going replace my pumps with two 1500 gph pumps with 1/8th through hulls and add one of the witches for each pump. I"m going to install one higher than the other to create a primary and secondary scenario. I'm also going to install one for a high water alarm.

I have to reroute a bunch of hoses too because the factory did a #^&#^&#^&#^& job, just crammed it all together. I have two live well pumps that are fed off of a "T" that threads into the seacock and there are two heavy hoses resting across both pumps. Just a matter of time before one of the pumps breaks off at the fitting. There are no riser loops in the bilge pump discharge hoses. The discharges are almost at water level and the hoses go directly from the through hulls down to the pumps. When I found my boat full of sea water, I know those discharges were below the water line and I'm sure they were also siphoning in water through the pumps until I turned them on.

You're scaring me,,, fix that chit! :devil2:

Van
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Looks good, only thing I don't like is you can't test it unless you pour water into the bilge.

With the float type, like I have i can reach down and move it to check it operates the pump. I have only had one switch failure in many years. That was the OEM piece of crap.

The oldschool "Surebail" has been working for many years.