View Full Version : Barium Sulfate Yum (Not)

Jimbo
10-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I have another CT scan today. I don't mind having it, but you'd think modern medicine could come up with something palatable as far as that contrast solution you have to drink. I tried vanilla this time and it's absolutely horrible.

BigBo
10-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Even some of the other flavors are really bad. Did you chill it? They tell you it's better chilled. Maybe marginally, but it's really not. :yak5:

Jenn
10-02-2014, 07:00 AM
I had to do this last year and I swear grape and lemon-lime flavors are forever ruined for me....though If I had to do it again I would gratefully take the lemon lime over the grape....I need to go wash my mouth out now just thinking about it!

Jimbo
10-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Well it turns out the taste was the least of my worries, but probably sort of funny to picture. Minutes after drinking the first bottle I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the bathroom in time. (picture Melissa McCarthy in Bridesmaids, "It's coming out like lava.") And that was bottle number 1, I still had another to go and then make it to the radiology place and then lie still on the table for the images. Fortunately , it was quick and there was a bathroom across the hall I abused for a while. When I got home I searched on side effects of Barium Sulfate Smoothie and found out gas, nausea and diharrea are common. I think someone could have warned me. But it's over for another 6 months.

BEETLE
10-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm ruined for life anything grape as well after my CT scan.

ProfessorM
10-09-2014, 07:39 PM
My 14 year old daughter has to have this done in the next week or so. I will make sure I don't tell her about the lovely drink.

BigFish
10-10-2014, 08:01 AM
I have my "Hey Your "50" Colonoscopy coming up....so there is that to look forward to!!! Just give me the s-h-i-t flavored!

ProfessorM
10-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Daughter had her scan today. She told me the taste of lemon is ruined for the rest of her life. I just smiled and told her I knew it would but didn't want to make her worry any more than she was.

Sea Dangles
10-22-2014, 09:19 AM
I hope all is well Paul.

vineyardblues
10-22-2014, 03:47 PM
I hope all is well Paul.

Keep me posted Paul
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

saltfly
10-22-2014, 04:59 PM
I hope all is well Paul.Wow.... Ditto.