View Full Version : Clemen's rod wrapper

Saltheart
03-02-2001, 12:42 PM
Took the plunge and got the Clemen's rod wrapper. Tough decision to get a power wrapper at all but once I decided to do it , it only seemed logical to get a good one. It also seemed like the thing to do was to get the whole kit with 12 feet of base rail. I've heard that people who try to assemble the unit a few pieces a year over time to spread out the expense often have trouble getting stuff when they want it. If there is a shortage of parts , it goes to the guys getting the kits first.

And before you ask John , yes , you can come over and use it . :) Anyway , its a new toy and I'm excited. That's the "machine" Mike T mentioned on the other thread. Hope to pick it up this weekend.

Fishpart
03-02-2001, 01:06 PM
If you don't shake too many blanks while you are there you could be back at work in 1:15 }>

mikecc
03-02-2001, 05:57 PM
I don't know saltheart
Almost got the wife talked in to another one.Trying to convince her that I need 3 is kind of tough though.

Kinda like telling her that the swimming pool would make a great livewell.

Saltheart
03-02-2001, 06:37 PM
Pool livewell !! That's such a great idea , I can barely believe she won't go for it Mike!! Maybe she'll let you use the bathtub? :)

JohnR
03-02-2001, 07:12 PM
MikeCC, you've been talking about converting that pool for a while now. I thought that was close to a done deal :P . But word of advice for you, don't empty the pool through a garden hose to the toilet like the eel tank...

Saltheart, when Mike put that post up I was just wondering if you took the whole plunge to the Clemens. I knew it was a wrapper and figured it was powered but was wondering if you went whole hog - you did... Congrats, everyone that has one loves it. Even the used ones bring top dollar. I would like to check it out some time but I'll build what I have on the new, hand powered concoction I'm building... Thanks for offering :P

DamonM
03-03-2001, 12:37 AM
Congratulations on the purchase, thats the last rod building lathe you will ever have to buy