View Full Version : Gas $2.99 per gallon!

Liv2Fish
10-12-2014, 10:29 AM
At the station closest to Taylor point marina near the canal train bridge in Bourne.

Guppy
10-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Every little Bit helps :)

Pulled into a local Mobil, truck up to one pump boat other, truck first, pump stamps at 100 , boat next,pump stops at 100 !!! :fury:
I then threw up,,, went fishen! :)

Raven
10-13-2014, 07:40 AM
not exactly related
but Tesla's new Car (just out or soon to be)

when you push down on the left turn signal
it automatically changes lanes for you
providing it's safe to do so via camera surveillance

and so......... it BEGINS

piemma
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
$3.04 this morning on West Shore Road in Warwick, right near Clammer.

Liv2Fish
10-13-2014, 05:20 PM
$2.78 on Main st in Bbay closer to G&S marine. No wonder my oil stock is in the toilet.

buckman
10-13-2014, 11:47 PM
OPEC is crumbling thanks to fracking here on the US..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

macojoe
10-14-2014, 09:22 AM
see what happens after the election?? They want to raise the gas tax#$*@

Nebe
10-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Yep

buckman
10-14-2014, 10:04 AM
I laugh when people say big oil is making tons of money. The oil company takes all the risk and makes $.10 a gallon while the state and federal government steals $.50 a gallon. But they are okay with that

Pete F.
10-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I think the Saudis have a very good idea of what they are doing. They can produce at a lower cost and do not require the revenue in the short term. Other producers will have serious issues with their need for revenue and will likely have their control of the resource disrupted. Think Venezula, Russia, Iran. Of course it will also help our military/ industrial complex.

piemma
10-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I think the Saudis have a very good idea of what they are doing. They can produce at a lower cost and do not require the revenue in the short term. Other producers will have serious issues with their need for revenue and will likely have their control of the resource disrupted. Think Venezula, Russia, Iran. Of course it will also help our military/ industrial complex.

You are absolutely correct. Just was watching the money channel while having lunch and it costs the Saudis $10/barrel to get oil out of the ground. US and Canada were around $40 and Brazil was the most expensive at $70/barrel.

RIROCKHOUND
10-14-2014, 01:06 PM

To some degree, yes, but only for the short term (decade or so), depending on whose projections you like.

The real killer is Saudi coming in under OPEC to the European market this week.

wdmso
10-15-2014, 04:30 AM
I laugh when people say big oil is making tons of money. The oil company takes all the risk and makes $.10 a gallon while the state and federal government steals $.50 a gallon. But they are okay with that

not so sure about that ask the people in residents of Nordheim, Texas, a town of 300 people South Texas call for billions of gallons of toxic sludge to be dumped in the plastic-lined pits left open to the air, where fracking waste is allowed to evaporate. What’s left behind is a viscous goop that’s mixed with soil and eventually buried on-site. the EPA and others have found that the fumes contain chemicals known to be hazardous to human health, including volatile organic compounds like benzene. But, because oil and gas waste is exempted from federal hazardous waste regulations, most states don’t require monitoring waste pit air emissions. It’s impossible to know whether chemicals are drifting into the air at levels that could affect human health. plenty of risk .

Raven
10-15-2014, 01:00 PM
yeah there was a woman living on a Ranch close to these open AIR Pits
that has been there on the Ranch her family established in 1890
that is Very concerned. I would think these fumes could easily contaminate
beef cows and make them Worthless. The Fact that oil and Gas have exemption status on WASTE emissions
i think is terribly WRONG. So what... we have to
wait until kids are born with 3 arms or 3 legs before there is a wake up Call?