View Full Version : Any Gas Left In The Tank?

BigFish
10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
So as the season winds down.......curious how your season was and if you have anything left in the tank??? Are you done.....or are you going to swing for the fences while you can??

ProfessorM
10-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Tank is topped off for another month.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
10-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Larry, I'm just starting in the surf:angel:

thefishingfreak
10-17-2014, 03:30 PM
tank is full and I have the keys to the fuel dock

Guppy
10-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Never say die!
Headed out tonight for sunset from the rocks,, first of the week looks windless for tog from boat,,, hopefully togfest on Saturday ,,,, this weeks weather been great,,, enjoy :fishin:

ANY LUCK?
10-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Just getting warmed up. Wore long johns tonight, and felt outta sight. This season might get silly for how long it lasts.

5/0
10-27-2014, 06:00 AM
I still have plenty of eels and the PM tides are looking good, I hope the fish will cooperate.

ivanputski
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
late in the season I actually fish every minute I can... Wife is ready for the season to end, I'm not.

just remember, Winter is a long time.

Raven
10-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Tank is topped off for another month.

my tank has a big old rusty hole in it and holds NO Gas :hidin:

JLH
10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm trying to make the most of the time and the fish we have left. Who knows what next season will bring.

stripermaineiac
10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Retired sept 1st an haven't stopped yet. but I'll tell you there are a whole lot of MT rocks out there. sometimes fish sometimes none but bait all over the place. So Co slow as was the Vineyard.Ran into a school of nice bunker an stayed with them for 3 hrs but nothing else found them. No blues or bass

Driftwood1
10-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the retirement Ron.
Don't worry about running out of money worry about running out of time. Do it all with a smile. :cheers:

milo
10-28-2014, 05:48 AM

beamie
10-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Larry,

I'd have to say I had one of my better if not best year up in the N. River.
For the months of June, July and August. Had to go back to work in late Aug. Lots of fun fish in the 18-25lb range on live macs with a few 30-38 pound fish. Many of them at the bottom end of the tide. Was a bit slow out front along the clliffs most days but a few good days. Thinking the late start to the season held the fish up the river longer than usual. It sure was fun.........

piemma
10-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Retired sept 1st an haven't stopped yet. but I'll tell you there are a whole lot of MT rocks out there. sometimes fish sometimes none but bait all over the place. So Co slow as was the Vineyard.Ran into a school of nice bunker an stayed with them for 3 hrs but nothing else found them. No blues or bass

Congrats Ron. Being retired is like everyday is Saturday.

Poncho
10-29-2014, 05:26 AM
One more boat trip planned for next weekend then putting it away.

Guppy
10-31-2014, 03:24 PM
still at it,,,, canal yesterday,,,, plug was bigger than the stripah

tog this morning was a blow out,,,

ProfessorM
10-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Don't fret Gup guy next to me on Wed. got a 37 lber on a pencil when all it looked like was smallish fish. Plenty of time left.

Guppy
10-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Don't fret Gup guy next to me on Wed. got a 37 lber on a pencil when all it looked like was smallish fish. Plenty of time left.

Thanks I needed that,,, :thanks:

clambelly
10-31-2014, 08:29 PM
I saw that fish. It was a fatty! Sooo many smalls this morning. It was crazy.

hardcore from shore
10-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Going to fish every day till I go to Texas to see family 11/13. Been a fun year. Got and PB in June and then beat it in October. Inconsistent season. Rarely fish the same place more than a day. Been teaching my brother in law. It has been fun. The student beat me and won RI leg of Tri-State even though fish disappeared after Friday for last weekend. Both doing something right. Finicky small fish the 26" this AM, but I am sure bigger fish around. Think that every cast.
Bill

stripermaineiac
11-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi Bill, They were at the end or the rocky line. bottom of the outgoing with Datas.Just got back from a quick try up here in Maine 3 smalls on Cocahoas. Water still feels warm for this time of yr.Mid 40's an rain. This will cool the water temps. Rhody again next week. Tight lines Ron Oh yea this retirement thing is good. Gonna end up with carpal tunnel with wrapping rods an doin tail hooks let alone the plugs LOL

Raider Ronnie
11-01-2014, 10:39 AM
"Gas left in the tank"
Gas is for girly boats !
Diesel in my tanks is not the problem.
Gale winds is the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing problem !

ivanputski
11-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Fishing doesnt make me run out of gas... Work and daily grind does. Fishing refills my tank! I love the outing, and going through the motions of fishing even if i get skunked. I will continue well into december as long a there is a glimmer of hope to connect with a fish.

The true end of the season when i put my gear to sleep... I feel like henry hill when he knew he had no choice but to say " now take me to jail"

Clammer
11-01-2014, 12:41 PM
never let your gear sleep ><>:claps:

Got Stripers
11-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Last trip Friday, off Cutty for Tog, used all the scope I had and took water over the bow a few times, but fishing was really good. Love to go again, but with a vacation coming up Thanksgiving day, I need to winterized and get it wrapped.

Guppy
11-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Last trip Friday, off Cutty for Tog, used all the scope I had and took water over the bow a few times, but fishing was really good. Love to go again, but with a vacation coming up Thanksgiving day, I need to winterized and get it wrapped.

That's awesome
Wish I knew someone was out there I'd a kept coming,,, that sunrise was one in a million , I'm looking to go again:kewl:

rf-newtab:http%3A//www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D60009%26stc%3D1%26 d%3D1415041387

BigFish
11-03-2014, 09:18 PM
1 more yak trip Wednesday!!:jump:

ProfessorM
11-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Numby and I plugged the islands today. Absolute beauty of a day. We covered them from WH all the way to Quicks. Only boat out there today. Caught a bunch but not much size, still fun. Getting close.

Guppy
11-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Numby and I plugged the islands today. Absolute beauty of a day. We covered them from WH all the way to Quicks. Only boat out there today. Caught a bunch but not much size, still fun. Getting close.

It sure was a beauty,,, now I wish I made that trip instead of looking for tog,, sooooo nice seeing only one or two boats all day
Here comes the wind :err:

BigFish
11-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Freshwater tomorrow.......might be it for me!:bc:

hardcore from shore
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Last night was a beautiful night, light breeze a few clouds bright moon at times. 59 degrees. and some fish to boot! Tina told me today I was a true fanatic as I got back from NADA at canal during morning turn. Fall run two a days.
Bill