View Full Version : small fish

Striper_Haven_03
10-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Well, after a one year lay-off from the surf I finally found some time to do some fishing this year. I have been reading a lot of stuff/posts about the lack of small fish (or fish in general) around this year. I have found this to be total opposite at the spots I have fished this year. I was looking back @ my log books from 2010-2012 and the smallest fish I caught was 34" and the largest a 50" 49.5 #er. This year I have caught over 50 fish under 30" and most of them were under 28", and the largest a 47" - 44#er. It seems to me there is a lack of larger fish around compared to years past by a HUGE margin. Just the other night all I could catch was 26" fish, 16 of them, all broken from the same mold, nothing smaller, nothing larger. What gives? While I understand catching fish can be very localized, Im just sharing what I have experienced the last month.

Slipknot
10-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Too many fishermen and not enough fish, canal blitzes for 5 years every yahoo with a rod keeping 2 cows a day, year after year of slaughter up and down the east coast and not enough replacements to take their place so you see fewer fish inshore.

If they don't change the limit to 1 per day, there will be even fewer fish :( :wall:

44 lbs. NICE