View Full Version : HURT

Clammer
11-06-2014, 12:05 PM
sorry .no where else to vent /// can,t do facebook ..she,s on it ..

I was talking to my daughter a few minutes ago

Telling me there is a 6:30am soccer game saturday along with a hockey practice & a hockey game .
Then the grandkid that has the hockey game needs aride to scouts , They are camping for the weekend .
No problem with all of that

She said she wanted to be home because my Grand Daughter was going to her 1st Homecoming [14Y/O ] while we talked she mentioned that she was going alone / she & her boyfriend broke up tuesday night .
Her mom asked her what .s / what . she said she was still going , my daughter asked if she was going with her friends . She said they all have dates .
I see someone in the family has the balls of Sheila , even if I never thought it would be her .
I want to get her flowers / But I know that is awkward & she would just leave them home .
Also i,m trying to not mess up / if ya fuc k with someone I love , I will get revenge ... can,t do that with a 14 y/o .....But I,m major pissed & I hope no one cuts me off today ><>:af::af::af:

Rmarsh
11-06-2014, 12:43 PM
That sucks...it is tough being a teenager. She looks like a very nice young women. I understand it pains you to see her hurt ....not sure what you can do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
11-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Find something that will make her laugh, even for a minute, and it may be the medicine for what ails her.

It may also create a stronger bond between you both if she understands where you are "coming from" in her time of need.

Most kids don't realize that the parents were kids too, and we've already "been there and done that" long before they were even born.

Then again, that would explain the eye rolls and condesending smirk when I explain about record players, only having 4 tv stations and rotary phones.:smash:

Good luck!

Nebe
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM
You are a great man Clammer. I know a few guys your age that don't pay any attention to their granddaughters feelings.

Big hug from nebe

The Dad Fisherman
11-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Ice Cream

It fixes everything.....

Clammer
11-06-2014, 03:17 PM
THANKS .. Nebe

Good idea Dad .I,ll check with my daughter & ask her if I should offer to take her for ice cream AFTER the dance :thanks:

Jimbo
11-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Unlike parents, whom it seems teens often think know nothing (I'm thinking of mine), I think teens generally and genuinely appreciate the attention and sage advise of a grandparent. Therefore there's not much you can do that would be inappropriate. How about one of those cards that plays an audio clip. They've brought a smile to my girls' faces in situations like this.

tysdad115
11-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Mike - My son is 14, I can send him to mess someone up for you!

Jenn
11-06-2014, 06:58 PM
She's a beautiful girl and you should be damn proud...SHE should be proud of herself for still going and not letting a silly thing like no date stop her (remember this is HUGE for a teenage girl!).

Buy her flowers....either just to make her feel better or buy her a corsage for the event. If she feels sad at any point at least she can look down and be reminded that her granddad cares :)

oh and don't worry about the boyfriend....it make take her a few years but one day she will realize she was better off!

Raven
11-06-2014, 07:53 PM
what Jenn said.... prolly better off....
people are quite ma-liable like clay
sometimes fickle or un predictable

so have her think that someday it'll all make sense so no need
to make it make sense right now....
better to jettison that baggage off one's back and be free of it...

friendships can be like flowers ...some are quick bloomers that die
and others dry to beautiful colors everlasting....
just remember the beauty you experienced along the way
is what counts

Clammer
11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
yep ice cream & flowers & maybe :lurk:

Sea Dangles
11-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Seems to me she is obviously strong and confident.
I have been delivering flowers to my daughter every Valentines and Birthday(even at school)since she was a child.She turned 16 2 weeks ago.
Clam man is a good man!!!
caring is good

justplugit
11-07-2014, 10:40 AM
I hear you, Mike. All that tough exterior hides one of the biggest
hearts I've ever known, ya big galoot. When ya care ya always get
hurt, but in the end she knows she has a Grandpa that loves her
and she'll NEVER forget. Worth the hurt.

Jackbass
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
My grand parents could have given a rats ass about me to be completely honest. Never attended a single sporting event. Didn't even attend my graduation.
your a good man!

Redsoxticket
11-07-2014, 04:12 PM
As you say, enjoy what you have.
BTW, don't forget to shave.

Clammer
11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
VIC .shave WTF I m not going to the home coming & I can buy ice cream without shaving :thanks:

Raven
11-08-2014, 06:12 AM
lol .....haven't shaved since 72 and i said never again.... nope :hs: