Swimmer
11-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Me too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnySaxatilis
11-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Winter is coming

It sure is. You know when it really hit me? When I was asked to cough up the $ for the ice fishing trip last night :fishslap: GD it

Rockport24
11-18-2014, 10:16 AM
I can't wait for the HBO standalone app to come out for "winter is coming"

thread hijack!

ivanputski
11-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Late fall sucks...

I feel like i have little to look forward to in the near future (as grim as that sounds)

MakoMike
11-18-2014, 10:55 AM
I hate this freaking cold weather!

BigFish
11-18-2014, 11:08 AM
From Jan. 1 thru March 1st is the worst!
:wall:

piemma
11-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I agree. But I think it's fine until, like Larry siad, Jan 1. Holidays are over, cold, dark most of the time, snow, tax season coming up and no boating until April.

FishermanTim
11-18-2014, 01:20 PM
I think this belongs in the G.O.P. board....

Frankly, I look forward to the winter with as much enthusiasm as I do the summer!
I love the cold, the ice and of course the fishing!
Sure, there are days when even I won't bother to get out of bed, but on average, I can be found out on some body of water almost every weekend during the winter.

I used to be a "hibernator" many years ago, complaining because it was too cold and there was nothing to do.

Then I took up skiing....
Then I switched to snowboarding....
Then when the lift ticket costs got too high I took up ice fishing.

My only gripe? it's similar to when I go kayaking in the spring, summer and fall.....too many yahoos on their toys racing around the pond/lake because they think that flying around, be it in a boat or on a sled, makes them "cool".
Only makes then look like idiots! (This is not a blanket indictment of ALL boaters/ snowmobilers, just pointing out the individuals that need to draw attention to themselves due to other major failings in their personal (sex) life.

OK, see, now you've got me monologging. (from "the Incredibles")

I need to find some ice soon!

Raider Ronnie
11-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I hate the fact that they are getting 3-4 feet of snow up near Buffalo and nothing here....

Raven
11-18-2014, 02:03 PM
just as JOY .... euphoria....bliss... the big O ....ultimate happiness ..even smiling
produce endorphin's "the feel good chemical" made by your brain....

Hatred ....in any form produces the opposite vile chemical that makes you
ill ,sick .... feel awful...bummed out...depressed....moronic...and down-spirited

so don't give in to it.... reflect it like a mirror as it is inherently EVIL
and will do your mind and body HARM

JoeG@Breezy
11-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Fish into January..you might be surprised.

spence
11-18-2014, 11:29 PM
I hate the fact that they are getting 3-4 feet of snow up near Buffalo and nothing here....
I hate the fact that I'm in a hotel south of Buffalo with roads closed all around me. Never seen this kind of snow...

36" now with another foot possible. Some areas already near 72".

Raider Ronnie
11-19-2014, 07:14 AM
I hate the fact that I'm in a hotel south of Buffalo with roads closed all around me. Never seen this kind of snow...

36" now with another foot possible. Some areas already near 72".

Hope you brought your blow up doll so you don't get lonely :hihi:

Got Stripers
11-19-2014, 08:15 AM
I think I'd need to see a shrink if I were transferred to Buffalo, that kind of snow this early would put me into a major depression. It's bad enough to feel this cold this early, can't even imagine enjoying that much snow unless it's happening at 4000 feet and I have boards strapped to my feet.

zimmy
11-19-2014, 10:06 AM
I hate when mid-winter shows up mid-fall. Shoulda been another month of 50 degree fishing weather. Looks like 6 months of winter this year. NC looking better all the time.

redlite
11-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Not much better down here in the south. We in disney and it was 38 when we woke up this am. WTF. So cold and wind chill so bad they had to close the heated pools. At least back up there we have proper clothing. We r walkin around magic kingdom with kids wrapped up in hotel towels
Im standin in a line right now for hot chocolte and tea that is longer than any ride line so far
Global warmin my arse

nightfighter
11-19-2014, 10:46 AM
It is real dicey trying to install exterior trim in these temps. Especially with the PVC. I have given up trying to work outside for the day and have to wait for higher temps, at least above 38 degrees for the stock. I am 95% done and don't want to compromise what is a really nice job so far by pushing forward in this cold. I've done most of my miter cuts for skirts and risers in the shop, but am waiting before I cut the stair rails diagonally.... I have seen long runs of PYC trimboard "grow" as much as 7/16" so just have to wait for weather to moderate. And I really don't like this wind chill....getting old.

bassballer
11-19-2014, 12:23 PM
I just came back from Vail and Breck. Dumping out there. Love it. Time to get some snow here. Fishings is over. Now its time to chase some powder!!!

zimmy
11-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Global warmin my arse

My favorite part of winter is when the winter weather brings out the global warming references :gu:

tysdad115
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM
I hate everything ...and everyone.

blondterror
11-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Just got a great deal on a Burton custom X board for my 25 yr old son. Found it in New London, CT via Craigs list. 2012 model never used with top notch binding for $350 in the perfect length for Tim. Sure beats paying list for the same board with new graphics on top.

I am ready to ski...

ProfessorM
11-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Me too
Especially this time of year

ProfessorM
11-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Me too
Especially this time of year till April. Wish I could hibernate till then. Good nite.

JLH
11-19-2014, 10:05 PM
It's what you make of it. Striper season is about done but I just got back
from Pulaski and have atleast one more trip up there in the coming weeks. Holidays are always fun then ice fishing which is a blast and will hopefully last through march when it's Striper time all over again.

Got Stripers
11-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Years back this season was actually one of my favorites, because I'd start going to my winter holdover spots and the action would be fast and furious; not so much anymore I suspect with the serious decline of schoolies.

Any action in the Thames these days? Clammer remember how f'g good we had it in that little spot in S.E. Mass, i'd get me a tin boat again if that fishery was alive and well.

Headhunter
11-20-2014, 03:46 PM
It is a welcome break for me. Probably my last outing this coming sun and Monday. I will have a total of 80 plus nights in the surf. better than 45 all nighters dusk till dawn. Time to straighten out my gear, make some revisions and repairs. Streamline the setup for next year. Going to get in better shape than I was this pat season even though I was in better shape than the past several seasons. I want to be able to do the stairs as many times in a night as I feel as though I want to with out dragging or even thinking twice about it. Before I know it May will be here and I will be dialing in whatever I can and looking for that fish that makes you shake with adrenaline when you stick it and you think its the bottom until it starts to swim off like its just moseying along until it realizes that something isn't right and it picks up till you think is this thing gonna spool me, did I get a good set, reset to make sure, and pressure the snot out of it because you know your set up can handle it and you wont get beat, not this time, I just want to see it...........just want to see it............................OMG.......... just want to land it.......................just want to land it................... dam are my legs shaking................. cant believe it look at that fish as it swims away!!!!!! Wonder if there is a bigger one with it.................... that was awesome,......... Omg anothor one........... ah not as big but decent.............it cant be, is the sun coming up already

Liv2Fish
11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I'll take late fall over this any day.

FishermanTim
11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
What bites about the snow in Buffalo is that it's not really freezing, just a whole lot of snow, so when the temps rebound over the next week to the 40's and 50's there'll be a whole different mess to deal with....the melting snow and where will all the water go???

SAUERKRAUT
11-23-2014, 11:37 PM
What are you-all griping about? Try Gallup, NM: Among its many pneumonics: The poorest town per capita in America. The Most Drunken Town in America. The longest freight railroad trains in America. And also: calls itself the Most Patriotic City in America...probably is... these Navajo Indians do us proud. Out here earning the daily bread. I miss my Cape Cod heritage, my wife, my life, my man cave, and even Numbskull.

zimmy
11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
What are you-all griping about? Try Gallup, NM: Among its many pneumonics: The poorest town per capita in America. The Most Drunken Town in America. The longest freight railroad trains in America. And also: calls itself the Most Patriotic City in America...probably is... these Navajo Indians do us proud. Out here earning the daily bread. I miss my Cape Cod heritage, my wife, my life, my man cave, and even Numbskull.

Great navajo tacos, though.

Nebe
11-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Have some pork green chili for me please!

Jenn
11-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Years back this season was actually one of my favorites, because I'd start going to my winter holdover spots and the action would be fast and furious; not so much anymore I suspect with the serious decline of schoolies.

I still remember the being handed a shovel to go chip ice off the boat ramp and thinking chipping ice and fishing just don't seem like they go together....but they did!

N.ShoreFisher
11-24-2014, 07:49 PM
I hate waiting all week for a filler episode of Walking Dead, knowing that next week they'll leave us hanging and go on winter break! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr