View Full Version : Oh how I've missed these special times with my snowblower

stripermaineiac
11-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Almost 6 in of white fluffy snow . Wet n sticky. Well at least it's deep enough to keep the beer cold.:bl:

ivanputski
11-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Snow was way too heavy here... Just clogs the snowblower. All by hand... ( well, shovel actually)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bobber
11-26-2014, 07:24 PM
pretty much straight rain on the CT shore

PaulS
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I haven't had anything stick in S Conn.

ProfessorM
11-26-2014, 08:24 PM
good thing you are retired. You got plenty of time:)

Raven
11-27-2014, 06:18 AM
NOT Looking forward to this REMOVAL

stripermaineiac
11-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Just took a break for some coffee an Baileys. Powers still goin on an off. looks like more than it is as it's all stickin to the trees. Yup sure did miss this LOL.Happy Thanksgiving. Back to cleanin the mess up LOL

l.i.fish.in.vt
11-27-2014, 01:15 PM
12 to 14 inchs in my part of VT,not too wet,made for some good skiing this morning

striprman
12-07-2014, 10:50 AM
why was frosty standing in the driveway ?

he was waiting for the snow blower to pass by

lol

ivanputski
12-07-2014, 11:12 AM
My brother added rubber flaps to the tips of snowblower impeller to close the gap between the impeller blade and the side wall. ( plenty of you tube videos about it)
His snowblower now throws snow twice as far, and does not clog up on slushy days. I watched his snowblower ( which used to suck, so i gave it to him) throw heavy slush over 10 feet.

I just made some for mine and installed them... 20-30 minute project. I normally hate snow, but i am dying to try this out!

redlite
12-07-2014, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=ivanputski;1058343]My brother added rubber flaps to the tips of snowblower impeller to close the gap between the impeller blade and the side wall. ( plenty of you tube videos about it)
His snowblower now throws snow twice as far, and doea not clog up on slushy days. I watched his snowblower ( which used to suck, so i gave it to him) throw heavy slush over 10 feet.

I just made some for mine and installed them... 20 minute project. I normally hate snow, but i am dying yo try this out!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE
Did it to both of mine out of an old truck mud flap. HUGE difference

nightfighter
12-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Never heard of this modification, but might have to give it a try, just because it sounds like it would work and appears to be an easy supercharger.....

BEETLE
12-07-2014, 08:35 PM
I stumbled across some of those videos on you tube when I was looking up some info.
Some even go as far as putting on high output motors and pully changes as well.
The flaps made a huge difference from what I saw on the video.

nightfighter
01-25-2015, 08:41 AM
How did you guys like the modifications to your machines???? I was getting clogged up with heavy wet stuff yesterday. Need feedback as I would consider doing it ahead of the impending 2 feet of snow coming Monday night

fish4striper
01-25-2015, 09:37 AM
I did mine this year. I have an old 8 hp adiens that clogged with wet snow. Yesterday no problem clogging with wet slushy snow.

ivanputski
01-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Yeaterday was my first snow storm with the flaps. I was in a hurry to get the beast of a driveway done and get to the csa show.
It threw the wet snow far, and i didnt have to do it snail speed either. I have a 1980,s john deere machine. I have 4 impeller blades, but only put flaps on 2 blades. It closes the gap and makes the machine so much more efficient. I say go for it... What do you have to lose?

nightfighter
01-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Going for it this afternoon. I had some perfect material for this so I dropped some off to my brother while I finished clearing snow on all the jobs I have. He has already done his machine and is doing another friend's. He will have had plenty of practice (and the fasteners)by the time he comes over to do the install on mine! :laugha:

nightfighter
01-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, that is clearly worth doing. Went through a slushy snowbank with no problem.

1dozenraw
01-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Wish this had been posted a month or two ago... well next storm I guess. I have an older 7hp Ariens. Needs the modification. Apparently Ariens sells a kit... ???? Anywa, I'll figure it out. Which video was the best one?? Post a link maybe...

nightfighter
01-25-2015, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAgb3QNEE8

Try this Kevin. Self tapping screws are fine. 2x4 to put pressure on impeller when drilling/fastening. Let me know if you can't figure out some local material to use.

1dozenraw
01-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Yup... watched that one. Simple enough. Thanks.

Dick Durand
01-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Snow was way too heavy here... Just clogs the snowblower. All by hand... ( well, shovel actually)

Little consolation, but the snow will be light and fluffy tomorrow - just altogether too much of it.