View Full Version : Rhody beach permits

saajr
07-10-2003, 04:50 AM
Havent seen anything posted here yet or maybe i missed it but for your info anyone who gets a beach buggy permit for Rhode Island will now be paying $100.00 for non resident also the MDA tournament will be Oct 17th-18th-19th

tlapinski
07-10-2003, 09:04 AM
it was brought up about two weeks ago. still not a good thing, though. http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8577

i was just wondering when the MDA was gonna be. thanks.

saajr
07-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks i did miss it. Have been fishing Rhody for 28 years and have seen the permits go from $10.00 to now $100.00 which is ok if it were going back to the beaches or the fisheries.The big problem is enforcement. There are far to many who do not get a permit and now there will be more and if not enforce than it will mean nothing but another way to get money out of us that do obey the laws.

Blitzseeker
07-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Not buying a pass seems to be rampant in RI.....drive out on Watch Hill or East beach just after sunrise any weekend morning in late October and you'll see half the trucks have no stickers.

You never see that on the Cape....I guess because the rangers are all over it.

saajr
07-12-2003, 04:08 AM
Thats the key to the cape. I use to run the cape years ago stopped because of the traffic. They at least patrol the beaches. In Rhody after labor day most of the rangers are laid off.In the seventies in RI they would check the beaches but over the last 10 years or so they hardly ever come out to see if you have a permit.It would seem if they need money that bad they would enforce the laws and then fine those who dont

thewaterfordstriper
07-12-2003, 12:12 PM
i have been on the beach for 5 years and have yet to see anyone check for my sticker or see if i have the proper equipment.

redcrbbr
07-13-2003, 10:26 AM
spoke with don M last year and said i should wait till later in the season to buy a sticker, something to do with access or cost???
that was before all the price changes. $100 bucks is still cheaper than the fine if they do bust ya.