View Full Version : Impressed

iamskippy
12-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Things with computers dont typically impress me much anymore, however i decided to upgrade my 10k Raptor HD for an intell 730 SSD drive.

For those of you that dont now the 10k raptor was the next best thing to SCSI as far as speed and performance back in 2009 when i built this machine. I decided to not image my drive and do a fresh install from a usb 2.0 drive, so this was a direct replacement.

I was able to install the OS start to finish in less than 8 min, this included getting online and surfing the web, never in the years that i have been working on PC's have i ever installed an OS that fast outside of imagining a drive.

Moral of the story, if you have a fairly new machine sata II or better and some ram in your machine you can upgrade for around $100 bucks as these drives are getting cheap and cheap. Oh and yes this applies to Laptops as well, i ordered on for the girls laptop that has a brick of a HD in it, i can not wait to time that install.

If anyone is looking to do this upgrade and you have questions post them here or hit me up i am always happy to help.

Nebe
12-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I did something like this to my MacBook Pro. Result- brand new performance.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device