View Full Version : Blacks in Winter

rphud
12-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Black IPA, Emelisse / NLD. ABV 8.0%

Well worth the trip to Southie, Row 34.

Also enjoying Route of All Evil by Two Roads when home in CT.

Winter is the time of blacks!

Still looking for the Yakima Gory Josh. Looks to be a "limited draft specialty" which I assume to be a bit tough to find. The quest continues.

Clogston29
12-09-2014, 03:01 PM
yup. I need to get some stone sublimely self righteous. I've been on the harvest ales (Founders Great Divide were both very good) and but its about time to move onto winter beers.

Not a black, but definitely a winter type of beer, I have a DFH Immort Ale aging that I may need to crack one of these cold nights.

rphud
12-09-2014, 03:27 PM
once you go self righteous you never go back!

rphud
12-22-2014, 09:36 PM
One wrong turn and I end up in Newton at Marty's and find me some Wooky Jack and Sublimely. Now that's what I call making the best of a bad situation! The Blacks of Winter continues!

Clogston29
12-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Can't get into wookie jack. Just don't like rye.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
12-23-2014, 10:13 AM
I picked up a Bottle of Founders Big Luscious and a bottle of Barrel Aged Narwhal Imperial Stout for Christmas.

Had a bottle of Oak Aged Yeti too....but that didn't make it through the weekend :hee:

rphud
12-26-2014, 04:38 PM
I have never had a Yeti hang around the house for long. Two day max.

rphud
01-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Found Full Sail Session Black Lager when I stopped at at new place in town. A bit light for my taste in blacks, but said to be "more accurate".

Also found more Route of All Evil there, which is still much more to my liking.

Had Černé Pivo, Czech Black Lager by Notch / MA at Row 34 in Southie which was very very good. Would like to find some to bring home if anybody has seen this around.