View Full Version : Chargers game

Slipknot
12-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I thought the defense showed up bigtime, and I was worried with Hightower out. Jamie Collins is really emerging. It's about time the defense once again steps up when Brady is not at his best. I do give SD defense credit, they fought hard, but our defense holding Rivers offense to only 7 points was HUGE.
That key blocked punt helped momentum but Brady and his pitiful throw that could have been 7 to Gronk was painful to watch. The third quarter not getting a first down until the final moments showed what a battle they were in. Edleman was tough,gritty,sneaky,slippery and a real football player with relentless determination. I thought the whole team played well as a team, it was a great team win. time to order playoff tickets
on to Miami this week, gonna be another battle

DZ
12-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Nailbiting game. I love to watch football but its painfull knowing that EVERY single NFL game can come down to a botched call crapshoot - more so now than ever. NFL has to do something. Personal foul calls should be reviewable - that was a hard hit but was not helmet to helmet like the ref said. Either that or you may as well give quarterbacks, running backs, and receivers flags to tie to their belts. That aside it was nice to see this officiating crew let the defensive backfield use their hands a little. Next three games won't be easy as on paper. Conference teams always play tuff against us.

afterhours
12-08-2014, 02:39 PM
o line and tb were off. the d is really coming together- reminding me of the early 2000's. good road win against a pretty good team. oh btw the browner hit was a good clean hit.

Raven
12-08-2014, 05:20 PM
way to many truck commercials
to watch it in real time
ridiculous

watched it in the early hours

Slipknot
12-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I agree the Browner hit was not helmet to helmet and I'd be very surprised if he gets any sort of fine for that penalty like players usually do, instead he should get an apology from the backjudge who called it not that it does any good. It looked like a clean hit to me, too bad it took away points. The NFL reacts to the concussion issue and refs over-react see a guy hurt laying on the field and start tossing flags, it's ruining the game the players signed up for knowing the risks. Browner did it right, he moved his head aside and hit with the shouder, it's not his fault that it appeared that their helmets touched(from replay at one angle they clearly did not touch)
Ya the O line had a tough day especially Solder, he needs to step it up, next week won't be any easier.