View Full Version : WHO'S WRAPPING???

pbadad
12-11-2014, 07:03 AM
For me this time of year is rod wrapping and plug building. I have a few rods for a fellow member to be redone from reel seats to full redos. GSB1321M- complete transition from mono to braid set up. Out with the coffee rings in with the pin holes!!

Ben Doeer 10' guide replacement. wire frame to hardloy.

I'm thinking for myself to build a medium action rod <10oz. Use for sand beaches and throw 3/4-3oz. Blank weight <6oz. toying with either a St. Criox blank 2-piece 70/30 or a MHX (Mudhole) 9'11" 1 piece or the same 2 piece , 10'. Mainly to throw minnow plugs and SS darters. The blanks rate 1-4oz. Waiting for New Year to order the new Fugi RV reduction guides. MH says should be in stock after New Year.

Does anyone know if a VS fits a 17MM Fuji reel seat?

chrisjoe13
12-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Howdy.
A vs200 does fit in that seat.

Liv2Fish
12-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I wrap it every time. Can't be too careful these days.

iamskippy
12-11-2014, 09:47 PM
I wrap it every time. Can't be too careful these days.

Right
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

beamie
12-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Soon.......after the holidays will dust off the bench and see what there is to wrap.

Jackbass
12-22-2014, 09:03 AM
I got a 1321mH ready to test cast a 1201m currently getting gripped (both SSU) and an AFAW estuary I am building for a friend. All getting KW's not confident in a LR set up yet. Once these are done I gotta get rid of a couple rods. Lol.

numbskull
12-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I'd wait a bit on building a surf rod. Fuji is introducing a new "RV" 25mm guide that is a higher shorter version of the LC guide that likely will become the new standard for surf rods. They also are bringing out several new versions of the KW guide to act as transition guides. The first ones will apparently be torzite/titanium (read $$$) but alconite stuff will follow.

I've been preaching that the current KW guides are less than ideal for surf rods because of their height/size ratios. Looks like Fuji agrees and these new higher smaller guides will let you build better rods that are even lighter than the small guide LC builds currently possible.

This thread from the other site discusses/announces them.
http://www.stripersonline.com/t/959308/new-surf-guides-from-fuji

lamigsb1
01-03-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm re-wrapping a 7' at croix Tidemaster with KRs and KBs. Next up is an Amtak 7'VJ blank. Still deciding on what surf blank to pick up this winter, holding off in that til supply of the new guides start to show up.

Jackbass
01-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Interesting may hold off on the 1201 tge 1321 I will wrap. The titanium stuff is a luxury but I can probably make the heights work with single foot runners depending on when the alc guides come out. Just no need for me to drop that kind of coin on guides for me.