View Full Version : looking for redcrabber,milo,budsfan8,canalman,carl

mrmacey
07-12-2003, 07:12 AM
any of you guys interested in drifting eels tonight boat leaving the dock around 4-5 pm come in whenever I know i talked to all of you about doing it who wants to go we can go around the bridges in Newport let me know soon so i can make other plans if you guys dont want to go bob we are defienetly on for tues:D

Carl
07-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Sorry Mr Macey,

Thanks for the offer. I wish I could. Not tonight, though, we are taking the kids to the local agricultural fair this afternoon. Maybe another time!

Clammer
07-12-2003, 10:04 AM
M/M your going out after dark ????

Watch the fog @@@@@@@@@@@

mrmacey
07-12-2003, 10:07 AM
think it will be foggy tonight if it is i cant go no gps im not going out far just around newport bridge plan on going 5 pm till 11 or so you think itll be bad

KLMulder
07-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Go slow mrmacy I think you put in in protsmouth? If you do get in the middle of the lane and stay there when in transit there are some uncharted rocks along the shore that will mess you up. Hi tideis at7:38 so going out should be ok low is at12:27. If you ever want some one to go out with you and point somethings out let me know. My father had a boat at the navy base for years when I was a kid and we spent alot of time up and down the that part of the bay, we would see 12 or 15 boats a year that lost a motor or riped a bottom out on un charted rocks.

Give me a holler KL

mrmacey
07-12-2003, 10:42 AM
if its not foggy I know my way around down there its really the only place i go thats why i feel comfortable at night and if i get stuck i calll clamdigger to come get me!!:D thanks for the offer im allways looking for people to go out but i told these guys we would do it so im waiting to see what they wanna do I need to know soon cause i got to go get eels if we are doing this!!

KLMulder
07-12-2003, 11:00 AM
No prob I was not trying to horn in just trying to help out. Ill be at 2nd beach tonight looking for cows. I live in portsmouth and except for the last 5yrs I have been in Kansas I have fished on and around the island my entire life. There is alot of great fishing if you know where and when to go. Good luck tonight and let me know if you ever want to hook up

Thanks KL

Canalman
07-12-2003, 03:43 PM
I would have loved to but I am not in the area today!! Perhaps next time thanks for the offer!

-Dave

bud8fan
07-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the offer Mike! I would have jumped at it but I just got home from work!:smash:

Next time!!

Russ

redcrbbr
07-12-2003, 08:34 PM
ditto to what russ said.
big moon tonight, hope you and milo get large.

see you tuesday.

mrmacey
07-13-2003, 12:09 AM
yet!!! guesstemet 20 - 25 lbs

Chef
07-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Nice fish!:happy:

mrmacey
07-13-2003, 08:17 AM
I think the full moon had them mixed up, milo started off with a nice double a blue and scup then I took him to my secret spot so I hook into this one and then milo hooks a nice one we figure its off to the races with this secret spot:D things slowed down and we started drifting eels got one on that headed in about midnight It was a beautiful night the wind calmed down no fog till late but by then we were right off the ramp cant wait till tues bob taking you right to that spot first!!

milo
07-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Glad you guys got into some fish:D .....CLAMMA where was ya we tried to reach ya,I guess you were home :smash: or into some fishees:cool:....yea that sun was bright last nite,plus the fact that the wind was blowin one way and the tide the other didnt do much for the drifts:af:

Clammer
07-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Milo.. Friday nite & tonight ///////////:D