View Full Version : Crackle paint patterns

Swimmer
01-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Been wanting to try this for a few years. Looking at Don's recent postings I have the bug again. I am a bit slow sometimes, but after searching you tube, here on S-B, there isn't much that's really definitive about how it is done. I know a solution is probably put on before the finish color is put on and heat is probably applied at some point, but from there on I am lost. Any web address I can look at at to study this, or isa there something here I missed. Thanks ahead of time.

chefchris401
01-17-2015, 03:20 PM
a couple options.

val spar makes a two part spray paint that is a base coat and top coat, can be found at michaels or ac moore, craft stores, by allowing more or less drying time and how heavy you spray effects the width and length of the cracks. think its about $7 a can.

or spray gloss spray paint over wet flat spray paint and it will crackle, found that out the hard way. youll have more color options doing it this way. almost every color now comes in a flat, semi gloss or gloss

then you can always spray a lighter/transparent color over it on the top or the bottom.

im sure theres other methods for the guys that use airbrushes, but ive always used spray cans

Swimmer
01-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Thank Chris its a god start for me.l
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device