View Full Version : NFL is problem not Pats

Steve K
01-27-2015, 05:28 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/01/26/tired-of-patriots-locker-room-attendants-and-deflategate-blame-the-nfl/

spence
01-27-2015, 05:46 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/01/26/tired-of-patriots-locker-room-attendants-and-deflategate-blame-the-nfl/

This writer should be given a Pulitzer or perhaps a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

This is great...

Werder’s report leads to a dumbfounding possibility. If the NFL knew the Patriots operated with deflated footballs and waited until halftime to play “gotcha,” then the league willingly allowed – if not outright encouraged – the Patriots to gain a slim, illegal advantage for an entire half of the AFC Championship.

Steve K
01-27-2015, 06:05 PM
An he is not even from NE.

This writer should be given a Pulitzer or perhaps a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

This is great...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
01-28-2015, 06:56 AM
that's more like it....

5/0
01-28-2015, 01:01 PM
I can't wait to hear what Iamdrippy has to add.

zimmy
01-28-2015, 01:07 PM
It's the NFL's fault? I thought it was Kensil's fault? I mean, the weather's fault. The NFL wants a scandal because the best way to detract from the other scandals is not to have a clean, football centered super bowl, but to drag out another scandal that makes the NFL look stupid? That is more of a reach than it is Kensil seeking revenge for... whatever it was he wanted revenge for.

buckman
01-28-2015, 02:26 PM
It's the NFL's fault? I thought it was Kensil's fault? I mean, the weather's fault. The NFL wants a scandal because the best way to detract from the other scandals is not to have a clean, football centered super bowl, but to drag out another scandal that makes the NFL look stupid? That is more of a reach than it is Kensil seeking revenge for... whatever it was he wanted revenge for.

Are you a closet Jet's fan?

Cool Beans
01-28-2015, 02:42 PM
it's simple business, the more people that "HATE" the Pats, the more people will watch the super bowl.... The NFL is using the WWE and the Jerry Springer technique to gin up more viewers.
:pats:

And for full disclosure, to IamSkippy, apparently I used to be a Chiefs fan. I found an old picture of me wearing a KC shirt and sitting on the floor near the t.v. with my dad, watching their last Super Bowl win IV in 1970. In my defense, I was only 3 years old and my dad made me wear the Chiefs shirt........

The Dad Fisherman
01-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Did everybody know that one of the colts players was arrested a day or two before the AFC championship game for rape.....you didn't? You mean you spent all that quality airtime (pun intended) discussing under inflated footballs....yeah the NFL would never try and deflect yet another black eye on the league by using a conspiracy theory :rolleyes:

iamskippy
01-28-2015, 04:10 PM
it's simple business, the more people that "HATE" the Pats, the more people will watch the super bowl.... The NFL is using the WWE and the Jerry Springer technique to gin up more viewers.

And for full disclosure, to IamSkippy, apparently I used to be a Chiefs fan. I found an old picture of me wearing a KC shirt and sitting on the floor near the t.v. with my dad, watching their last Super Bowl win IV in 1970. In my defense, I was only 3 years old and my dad made me wear the Chiefs shirt........

I knew there was a solid reason i like you. KC welcomes you with open arms.

iamskippy
01-28-2015, 04:12 PM
I can't wait to hear what Iamdrippy has to add.

I will be More than happy to add my 2 Cents, esp after the threats of violence i have received. It just motivates me more!

Keep em Coming.

Slipknot
01-28-2015, 06:08 PM
threats of violence? are you serious? wow, pretty sad if that is true

TDF, so that must have been the player who did not make it on the plane, it all makes sense now.

The NFL has done a fine job this year, Robert Kraft stood up for his commissioner and look what that got him. Goodell is a tool.

zimmy,

whatever you want to believe
does not matter anymore
the pats cheated, have always cheated, they will continue to cheat, they only draft players who cheat and felons and murderers and that lighthouse at the field, you know what that is? It's a big middle finger to the league!

I have just about reached the point of Embrace the Hate

Slipknot
01-28-2015, 06:30 PM

oh, and you forgot, they don't fumble the ball as much as other teams because they deflate the ball by 1 psi so they can get a better grip, that 1 centimeter grip make all the difference in the world when you have a decent running back and most of your plays are quick screen passes where they go to the ground fast. statistics don't lie. they cheated their way to the top for the past 14 years in a row.
I've heard it all this week, now I can go give myself a lobotomy

spence
01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Now that everyone knows slight ball deflation can bring a 14 year stretch of success you better believe everyone will be doing it.

buckman
01-28-2015, 07:09 PM
I will be More than happy to add my 2 Cents, esp after the threats of violence i have received. It just motivates me more!

Keep em Coming.

Jesus ! Sorry to hear about that.
You're well on your way to becoming a martyr 😊

5/0
01-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Keep em Coming.

Bring it drippy!

Raven
01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
putting on taller boots

zimmy
01-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Are you a closet Jet's fan?

Ha. Good one. So looking at this from a non-biased viewpoint makes one a closet Jet fan? Every day there is a new post from a Pats fan with a new theory of what happened. The refs, the weather, a rogue attendant, Kensil, the NFL wants it. You don't have to be a Jets fan to be amused by the certainty that comes with each new postulation. What deserves just as must consideration is that the attendant dropped the air pressure at Brady's wishes. . I can see how that would be an unpopular scenario if I were a Pats fan. Most likely he takes the fall for it and the Pats live happily ever after.

Raider Ronnie
01-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Wed the week of the game it's still a big topic.
NFL network just did a very good presentation of inflating a ball to 13 lbs psi then deflating to 10.5
13 lbs rock hard
10.5 soft.
Even Patriot Supporter Boomer Esiason thinks there was some cheating and the league will be handing out a steep penalty.

iamskippy
01-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Just curious and not trying to rehash things but someone mentioned to me today aboit a video where the football's ended being taken to a mens room?

Has anyone seen this video or have a link to it. Just curious if that is a fact or another mythical event surrounding these allegations?

Slipknot
01-29-2015, 06:33 AM
Wed the week of the game it's still a big topic.
NFL network just did a very good presentation of inflating a ball to 13 lbs psi then deflating to 10.5
13 lbs rock hard
10.5 soft.
Even Patriot Supporter Boomer Esiason thinks there was some cheating and the league will be handing out a steep penalty.

that is a 2-1/2 psi difference, 10 balls were 1 psi under
one was within the boundaries apparently, and the last was the one that the Colts had after interception which IMO cannot be trusted was mysteriously 2 psi under.

dog and pony show that it goes from hard to soft, well to be fair try it with the 1 psi difference.

Boomer said IF they prove tampering with the balls after the officials approved them, there would be stiff penalties.

I say if the balls were approved, then so be it. They did not and would not risk any chance of questioning their integrity after the scrutiny they have been under and the cloud that has hung over them by letting air out after officials approved them.
I think the refs did NOT measure all of them and the nfl needs a scapegoat. If they get fined for playing with under inflated balls, then fine the Packers also for turning in over inflated balls. Why weren't they investigated. Rodgers admits he turns them in over inflated and if they pass, good, if they let air out, so what.

The attendant theory that Brady had him do it is contrary to common sense, there is no risk/reward there, only risk of damaging the reputation. Didn't happen, will never happen. But speculators are going to accuse and life will go on.

Skippy, early on in the investigation, the Patriots turned in all video and stuff like that. The NFL has it.

there is this though ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhdX1rsSULY

iamskippy
01-29-2015, 07:04 AM
Hahahhaa slip that is fantastic lol.

Jackbass
01-29-2015, 08:33 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/mike_pettine_reveals_nfl_inves.html
Anyone heard about this scandal?
Probably even a bigger violation than taping side line signals.

But it's the Browns

Piscator
01-29-2015, 07:48 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/29/refs-didn-log-pre-game-psis-and-other-takeaways-from-nfl-ops-presser/MEgKfkFRpbZhN3sUFL9mpL/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

Just saying boys.....just saying. Refs have some explaining to do....

Linesider82
01-29-2015, 08:36 PM
What if there was a fight between bill belichick and a hurricane who would win? ....
That's right, the GIANTS!

spence
01-29-2015, 08:55 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/29/refs-didn-log-pre-game-psis-and-other-takeaways-from-nfl-ops-presser/MEgKfkFRpbZhN3sUFL9mpL/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

Just saying boys.....just saying. Refs have some explaining to do....
If true it blows up the entire controversy and puts the spotlight right on the NFL leaks.

Slipknot
01-29-2015, 10:53 PM
this blog is PISSA

If you are a football fan that feels as though the Patriots have hurt the integrity of your precious sport with the PSI of a game ball, or a member of the media who took to your laptops and the airwaves to editorialize your distrust of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Bob Kraft, then you should be mad right now; because the NFL played you like a fiddle.

They made a mockery of you. They dangled the bait in front of you and you snapped it up so quickly and with so much vigor that they haven’t even had to come out and speak to you and answer your questions; because you haven’t even asked them to.

And they knew that you wouldn’t.

They dared you to inundate an entire team of athletes and personnel with accusations based on your lingering distrust of Bill Belichick post-SpyGate; distrust that constantly leaves you calling for his resignation and/or the confiscation of his Super Bowl rings despite the fact that you have failed to exhibit the same vitriol for the also-highly-decorated Jimmy Johnson who admitted to doing the same exact thing.

You went on the radio and the internet and TV and indicted the Patriots based on nothing other than a couple of flimsy reports and an announcement of an investigation. You did that knowing that despite it being enough of a story that Belichick and Brady were at the podium talking to you about it, the NFL had inexplicably failed to even have a conversation with Brady yet. You did that knowing that this is the same exact league and Commissioner whose credibility you’d spent most of the season dismantling.

You wanted and needed so badly to believe that the Patriots couldn’t possibly be the dynasty that has reigned supreme over the last fourteen years that you gave the NFL the benefit of the doubt.

The league that tried to cover up their knowledge of a video of Ray Rice knocking his fiancé unconscious with a punch to the face, then had their Commissioner stand up in front of you and dare you to try to make him pay any consequences for it.

The league that, in the interest of financial gain, ignored and covered up the brutal health implications of playing for them until a beloved Hall of Fame linebacker killed himself and donated his brain to science in the hopes that it may save the lives of other players.

Why has it not also been shoved down your throats that they’re investigating the Browns for illegal use of electronic devices for sideline communication, or that the Chargers were fined in 2012 for cheating through illegal use of towels with a hidden substance? Where was the viral outrage when the Cowboys and Redskins were fined millions in cap dollars after being found guilty of purposely dumping salaries into the uncapped year in 2010?

Wait, you will love this one. Why didn’t the NFL deem it necessary to make quarterbacks and coaches speak to their accountability and respect for the integrity of the game when just TWO MONTHS AGO they caught the Vikings heating game balls on the sideline in a 12-degree game against the Panthers after they supposedly reminded both teams that it was illegal to do so? (Full credit and big thanks to Pats Krieg for compiling these.)

The NFL’s brilliant leaking of a “possible” Patriots scandal was enough to incite such a frenzy that you immediately repudiated the trustworthiness of Brady; one of the NFL’s pillars of sportsmanship and someone who has never previously been accused of being a cheater (or drug-user or rapist or animal endangerer or criminal of any kind). Not only did you question him but you attacked him. With nearly no provocation and armed with only a vague statement from an NFL spokesperson and unofficial reports from other sources, you labeled Brady a liar and a cheater.

After he told you that he didn’t do anything wrong and stood and answered your questions for 35 minutes, you came on television and arrogantly rattled on about “disappointment” in him; disappointment based on the inflation level of game balls that almost every single current and former player agrees is a non-issue. That consensus is further backed up by the lack of outrage when the aforementioned ball-tampering in Minnesota popped up in November of 2014.

Aaron Rodgers admitted that he hopes his purposely over-inflated balls sneak by the referees’ inspection, and you dismissed that as not cheating. Because you know that the pressure of the balls does not win you NFL games. You aren’t mad about deflation or inflation; you just want to hate the Patriots.

The problem is that if you do think that the Patriots benefit from ball pressure, then Rodgers just told you that he does too. You’re not going to start a war against Rodgers, so you make it about principle. It’s “the principle” of the matter.

Okay. That’s what they were figuring you would do.

So now we are nine days into this thing while fast approaching the Super Bowl, and the NFL has not even had to come out and actually call the Patriots cheaters. Nor have they addressed the issue directly to the media or the public. A spokesperson confirmed that there was an investigation. Then five days ago the NFL released a statement that took three paragraphs to say exactly what the spokesperson had confirmed: that they are investigating. The only notable addition was to note that the Patriots are cooperating fully with said investigation as well as a particularly preposterous paragraph in which they explain the reconnaissance mission in terms more suited for the script of an episode of CSI.

The fact that you so willingly fell into this trap is a testament to just how much power the NFL has over you. They handed you the narrative that they knew you wanted. They figured they could solve the “indignity” that the league had suffered at the hands of the mighty cheating Patriots by throwing the book at the "bad guys”. They’d even do it to Bob Kraft to show you how they don’t play favorites.

What better way to help solve an image issue than align yourself with the masses against a common enemy? Bravo to Goodell. He "cracked down" on cheating without further angering any of the NFL owners that already don't like him.

You bought it hook, line and sinker because you're under the delusion that your team is all clear eyes-full hearts and has somehow been victimized by this. It is one thing to buy into a perfectly timed PR stunt. It’s another thing entirely to fall into the ignorant space between conspiracy and reality that enables you to continuously denounce the NFL and its most successful franchise as cheaters and liars, yet still voraciously consume their product that they've pitted you against.

The only way that this league will change for the better is if you stop letting the NFL take you for such fools.

Slipknot
01-29-2015, 10:53 PM
http://tanyarayfox.weebly.com/blog/how-the-nfl-made-a-fool-of-you-with-deflategate

Raven
01-30-2015, 07:01 AM
i wanna know what the name is of that hater beotch reporter that asked Tom to apologize @ the press conference.

1dozenraw
01-30-2015, 03:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12252086&ex_cid=espnfb

Cool Beans
01-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Pretty sure I heard the commissioner on the radio today "We aren't sure there was a violation yet"

spence
01-30-2015, 04:27 PM
He said very clearly the league hasn't said under inflated balls were used or any manipulation was charged.

Slipknot
01-30-2015, 10:39 PM
He said very clearly the league hasn't said under inflated balls were used or any manipulation was charged.

so that fixes everything then, all that abuse for almost 2 weeks can just be reversed like it never happened right? reputation and slander can all go away now, back to total domination, not cheating.

Ya Goodell's credibility is at an all time low

"This is my job," Goodell said. "This is my responsibility to protect the integrity of the game. All of us want to make sure the rules are being followed. If there’s information the rules are being violated, I have to pursue that and I have to pursue that aggressively."

Hey, how’s that Jets tampering charge coming along, Rog? What a %#$&*$% fraud.

thanks for that Tom Curran :btu:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-goodell-deflategate-stance-shows-hes-fraud

Raven
01-31-2015, 05:49 AM
he's a terrible LIAR..... they stay on his face like a tattoo

spence
01-31-2015, 01:27 PM
thanks for that Tom Curran :btu:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-goodell-deflategate-stance-shows-hes-fraud

Very nice. I watched his press conference and loved the question about what he thought it would take to get him fired or to step down.

How about denigrating two Hall of Famers with your mismanagement.

spence
02-01-2015, 02:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/new-report-says-only-one-patriots-football-was-seriously-deflated-165514858.html

Oh sweet jesus.

Raider Ronnie
02-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Very nice. I watched his press conference and loved the question about what he thought it would take to get him fired or to step down.

How about denigrating two Hall of Famers with your mismanagement.

No way he gets fired.
Revenue is at an all time high.
That's the bottom line.

The Dad Fisherman
02-01-2015, 03:05 PM
No way he gets fired.
Revenue is at an all time high.
That's the bottom line.

Not to mention all the support he's given the players in helping them in keeping a stable home life.....especially when the women get lippy....:rolleyes:

Raider Ronnie
02-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Not to mention all the support he's given the players in helping them in keeping a stable home life.....especially when the women get lippy....:rolleyes:

You really think owners deep down care about that ?
It's all about $$$

spence
02-01-2015, 03:43 PM
You really think owners deep down care about that ?
It's all about $$$
It will come to a head soon.

Clammer
02-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I love head ><><><><,:exp:

Raider Ronnie
02-02-2015, 05:10 PM
It will come to a head soon.

Still think it's going to come to a head ?
Not only highest rated super bowl ever, highest rated TV show ever.
Think all the inflategate nonsense had anything to do with it ?

Raven
02-02-2015, 05:21 PM
controversy sells

wader-dad
05-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Those Texts are hilarious. Got some real geniuses working for you.

MakoMike
05-06-2015, 04:48 PM
"Likely," "most probably" "known in general"

Why didn't they just come out and say they couldn't determine what happened?

Sea Dangles
05-06-2015, 05:58 PM
People like Slip and Spence who thought there was no involvement from Brady have their head in smelly places.

That being said,this really amounts to nothing. We are still Super Bowl Champs so the rest of the country can suck it

Slipknot
05-06-2015, 08:46 PM
smelly places, right
worse than eel slime smell
I am fine with supporting my team and being loyal
no definitive evidence, all circumstantial
the league knows how to cover their arse hiring wells, like that conclusion is impartial. It was a Witch Hunt, follow the evidence, it clearly shows who accused who and who knew about the sting operation. I'll have to read the report.
bunch on non sense like I said , and over a 50 cent crime.
I still want to know when the Vikings will get punished for warming up balls even after the refs told them to stop??? consistency? I think not

Slipknot
05-06-2015, 08:57 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2456301-gronk-responds-to-medias-handling-of-deflategate?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

wdmso
05-07-2015, 04:32 AM
WOW to use the word evidence in an investigation .. and then present a conclusion of Probably in is just short of amazing!

( did or didn't should be the only to acceptable answers )

some Patriots staff probably deflated balls

"Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities

piemma
05-07-2015, 05:50 AM
That being said,this really amounts to nothing. We are still Super Bowl Champs so the rest of the country can suck it

Exactly! Well stated Chris.

Raven
05-07-2015, 06:17 AM
wanted posters should be everywhere
with Wells mug shot on them
for he is guilty of the crime of
grosley exaggerated endangerment
of the TRUTH in this feeble report

afterhours
05-07-2015, 07:07 AM

yup, loser nation cries again. you can safely bet your last dollar that EVERY qb in the nfl has the balls " adjusted to their liking".

zimmy
05-07-2015, 08:40 AM
i wanna know what the name is of that hater beotch reporter that asked Tom to apologize @ the press conference.

It was the weather

Raider Ronnie
05-07-2015, 10:18 AM
You Pats fans need to embrace cheating rather than being so defensive about it.
Did Tom know the balls were underinflated, Absolutely!
Did Tom request them that way, Most likely !
Who the hell cares.
Every qb in the league probably does the same.
denying it has just made things worse.

PaulS
05-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Brady's agent said the investigation was "flawed". I guess he knew it would be and that is why Brady refused to release his text messages.

DZ
05-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Brady's agent said the investigation was "flawed". I guess he knew it would be and that is why Brady refused to release his text messages.

You're right, If Hillary won't why should Brady? How long you figuere it will be before the NFL announces penalties?

PaulS
05-07-2015, 12:19 PM
prob. bc they know that Brady talked on the phone and traded text messaes with the deflator (even thought he denied knowing the guy).

MAKAI
05-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Don't know why the deflators even turned over their phones.
It's personal and private. This isn't a criminal investigation.
Last time I checked all conversation is considered private anyway.

DZ
05-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Patrick just posted this on Facebook - its a great perspective on what some may call cheating and others call it "gaining a competitive advantage".

http://yourteamcheats.com/

The Dad Fisherman
05-07-2015, 02:56 PM
"Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities

I read this line and then started seeing some of the idiots talking about suspending Brady for the season.

Then I remember they had a video of Ray Rice dragging his unconscious girlfriend out of an Elevator and Goodell suspends him for 4 games.

Didn't actually suspend him for the season until a second video actually showing him punching her in the face surfaced. Like there wasn't enough evidence from the 1st video to really punish the guy....

. No
. Friggin
CLue

Raven
05-07-2015, 03:18 PM
ya know, ....it's a two way street
they wanna mess with Pats Fans
and Basically they already have insulted the whole team
we can boycott anything that's non Patriots
including ANYTHING they try to sell
and not watch NFL Commercials
we number in the millions

Piscator
05-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Don't know why the deflators even turned over their phones.
It's personal and private. This isn't a criminal investigation.
Last time I checked all conversation is considered private anyway.

I read they turned phone over because phose were property of the Patriots. Brady's is personal so that appears to be the difference.

spence
05-07-2015, 08:02 PM
I read they turned phone over because phose were property of the Patriots. Brady's is personal so that appears to be the difference.
Also, do you think Brady would have risked his personal conversations and even photos being out of his control unless it was subpoened?

Not a chance with all the haters out there.

spence
05-07-2015, 08:03 PM
People like Slip and Spence who thought there was no involvement from Brady have their head in smelly places.

Reading the report I'm not sure I can even tell what it he was involved with.

Piscator
05-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Also, do you think Brady would have risked his personal conversations and even photos being out of his control unless it was subpoened?

Not a chance with all the haters out there.

Agree 100%. I would have done the same thing.

Raider Ronnie
05-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Poor Tom .......

Sea Dangles
05-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Reading the report I'm not sure I can even tell what it he was involved with.

Shocking

Ed B
05-08-2015, 11:30 AM
The NFL desperately needs a diversion right now to take the attention off much more serious issues like brain injuries, felons on the field, and guys beatin on women. Brady gives them that diversion and Goodell is waking up every morning thankful to the press for talking about air pressure.

If you want to talk cheating how bout those sticky gloves receivers wear. Or google Lester Hayes for some old time stickum photos.

spence
05-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Shocking
Can you? All these text appear to have the potential for multiple contexts.

GregW
05-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Who cares???
It's a game. And they used a "scientific consulting firm" that was also quoted as saying cigarette smoke can't cause cancer.
I'm not political at all- but I find it insane that Tom Brady not handing over his cell phone for an investigation about the psi of a football gets more coverage than Hillary deleting all her emails surrounding her investigation that literally cost lives. People need lives or to re-order their priorities.

Rockport24
05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
amen Greg!!! If people put as much energy into productive things as they do into stupid professional sports, the world would be a much better place. Watch the games, be entertained and be done with it. It's not like fishing - we obsess over every little detail on these pages and it results in everybody being a better fisherman - real results! Sports fans obsess over every little detail and where does it get them? An overall more stupid population that would much rather see their children succeed at sports than academics.

Sea Flat
05-08-2015, 01:37 PM
The NFL hires a firm to do the investigating. So surprising that the NFL has been found with no fault at all for how they botched this up. Two pressure gages with two different results. Colts footballs having 3 of 4 tested under inflated with one of the gages. NFL screwed this up so bad it's embarrassing. Even if the Pats did do something wrong the NFL's dealing with it on AFC Championship game day could not have been worse.

Raider Ronnie
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
The NFL desperately needs a diversion right now to take the attention off much more serious issues like brain injuries, felons on the field, and guys beatin on women. Brady gives them that diversion and Goodell is waking up every morning thankful to the press for talking about air pressure.

If you want to talk cheating how bout those sticky gloves receivers wear. Or google Lester Hayes for some old time stickum photos.

You may want to do some research to get your facts correct.
it was Fred Biletnikoff who started using Stickum.
Lester Hayes started using it later.
At the time it was not against any rules. Look it up !
Same goes for the forward fumble rule that the Raiders used as an advantage but not against the rules at the time.
Then you had Ben Davidson using his hand and forearm as a club knocking guys out, again not against any rule at the time.

Raven
05-08-2015, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Rockport24;1072388 If people put as much energy into productive things as they do into stupid professional sports, the world would be a much better place. Sports fans obsess over every little detail and where does it get them? An overall more stupid population that would much rather see their children succeed at sports than academics.[/QUOTE]

well said..... brawling over\after soccer matches comes to mind....

Ed B
05-08-2015, 03:54 PM
You may want to do some research to get your facts correct.
it was Fred Biletnikoff who started using Stickum.
Lester Hayes started using it later.
At the time it was not against any rules. Look it up !
Same goes for the forward fumble rule that the Raiders used as an advantage but not against the rules at the time.
Then you had Ben Davidson using his hand and forearm as a club knocking guys out, again not against any rule at the time.

I know the facts Ron, Thanks. No one thought anyone would take it to the bizzaro extremes it was taken to which was why it was banned. So now it's officially against the rules, but the reasonable person would certainly have considered it cheating before the rule was instituted.

wader-dad
05-08-2015, 04:06 PM
I think its the Patriots that should be fined just for having this roque moron McNally work for them.

At 6:30 with 10 minutes till kickoff, McNally decides to take the approved and marked bag of balls out of the Officials Locker room (that has a bathroom with 3 urinals and 3 toilets) and without permission takes them down the tunnel and into a single bathroom to what he said latter was to use the urinal there during the mysterious 1 minute and 40 seconds. But Genius was told during questioning that there was no urinal in that bathroom so he had to change his story a few times.

So with 5 minutes to kickoff, the officials cannot find the balls, they have an officials run back to get the back up balls and finally they see McNally and the balls on the sidelines.

So we have an AFC Championship game where they cannot find the Patriot balls when 50 million people are ready to watch the game.

I think McNally may have acted alone because he is that nuts.

Raider Ronnie
05-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I think its the Patriots that should be fined just for having this roque moron McNally work for them.

At 6:30 with 10 minutes till kickoff, McNally decides to take the approved and marked bag of balls out of the Officials Locker room (that has a bathroom with 3 urinals and 3 toilets) and without permission takes them down the tunnel and into a single bathroom to what he said latter was to use the urinal there during the mysterious 1 minute and 40 seconds. But Genius was told during questioning that there was no urinal in that bathroom so he had to change his story a few times.

So with 5 minutes to kickoff, the officials cannot find the balls, they have an officials run back to get the back up balls and finally they see McNally and the balls on the sidelines.

So we have an AFC Championship game where they cannot find the Patriot balls when 50 million people are ready to watch the game.

I think McNally may have acted alone because he is that nuts.

McNally may be nuts but Brady was also nuts saying he didn't know him when that was a lie.

Raider Ronnie
05-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Interesting.......

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-report-long-suspension-wells-report-050815?adbid=10153864500194552&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112638779551&adbsc=social_20150508_45463726&short_code=2yf49

Cool Beans
05-08-2015, 08:47 PM
whatever the suspension is.... I hope Brady gets mad.. comes back and jams it up everyone's ace and goes undefeated for his remaining games, and RUN-UP the damn scores as high as possible.

I want to see games with scores like 65 to 7....

:patshelmet:

Slipknot
05-08-2015, 09:40 PM
McNally may be nuts but Brady was also nuts saying he didn't know him when that was a lie.

Not true
That is taken out of context

If you follow the question , it was worded at a previous time

Slipknot
05-08-2015, 09:46 PM
How many games will the NFL suspend themselves for sheer incompetence ?
This witch hum is way out of hand at this point
No kid was beaten, no girlfriend was beaten, no one was murdered, no drugs were taken(well maybe by McNally) and it had no impact on the game or the integrity of the game so why all the hyperbole about multiple game suspensions?

The Dad Fisherman
05-08-2015, 09:50 PM
The NFL desperately needs a diversion right now to take the attention off much more serious issues like brain injuries, felons on the field, and guys beatin on women.

I do find it ironic how a couple of days before the AFC championship game one of the colts is arrested for rape......but we spend the next 2 weeks talking about deflated footballs.

Last week the Seahawks drafted a guy that was arrested for knocking out his girlfriend (I've seen that somewhere before) and lo and behold.....we will be spending the next 2 weeks talking about deflated footballs.

Ridiculous.....

Slipknot
05-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Timing Kevin
All about timing
Deflecting

Bring down the big bad Patriot cheaters

BigFish
05-09-2015, 05:43 AM
I do find it ironic how a couple of days before the AFC championship game one of the colts is arrested for rape......but we spend the next 2 weeks talking about deflated footballs.

Last week the Seahawks drafted a guy that was arrested for knocking out his girlfriend (I've seen that somewhere before) and lo and behold.....we will be spending the next 2 weeks talking about deflated footballs.

Ridiculous.....

You will spend all of the next season (every game) talking about or hearing about deflated footballs! I am out! Done with the NFL! I will no longer be watching football at all!

JohnR
05-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Four Games, 1 Mil, 1st round 2016, 4th round 2017

nightfighter
05-11-2015, 05:40 PM
I hope Kraft is dialing up some billionaire buddies, gathering some of the best coaches like BillB, Parcells, Payton, and starting their own league.

cow tamer
05-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Four Games, 1 Mil, 1st round 2016, 4th round 2017

OUCH !!

Truly deflating.

spence
05-11-2015, 05:59 PM
I hope Kraft is dialing up some billionaire buddies, gathering some of the best coaches like BillB, Parcells, Payton, and starting their own league.
I see them appealing and if it fails suing the NFL for damaging the Patriots brand through their incompetence.

Slipknot
05-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Unreal
if the suspension holds up, first game back is against the Colts, hmmmmm
road trip!

:bs:

Raider Ronnie
05-11-2015, 07:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/HuffingtonPost/videos/10153047811401130/

FishermanTim
05-11-2015, 08:45 PM
So, in the interim, exactly what steps has the NFL taken regarding the epidemic of concussions and the increasing numbers of player assault cases???

Surely they would seem to have more IMMEDIATE bearing on the league as a whole than whether or not balls were under-inflated?

Seems that the NFL is looking for a quick payday on "deflate-gate" and possibly hoping the concussing problem will "take care" of themselves (like Junior Seau). Heck, they didn't have to lift a finger or spend a penny to get rid if Hernandez. Maybe they expect the legal world to pay for the NFL's problem players?

I say appeal and then sue and then play each game as if no score is safe, and no player is safe from LEGAL hits!

Raider Ronnie
05-11-2015, 09:16 PM
It's a very good day for Jimmy Garoppolo :-p

Got Stripers
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
It's a very good day for Jimmy Garoppolo :-p

Hard to find any silver lining in the absolute screwing the NFL just gave us, but it will be fun to see what the kid can do. It would be poetic justice for him to go 4-0, Tom come in and just crush the rest of the teams and go undefeated to a 5th SB. Yeah I'm a dreamer, but the NFL deserves it and wouldn't that piss all the Pats haters off.

Slipknot
05-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Ya it would Bob, but the haters would still put asterisks on it anyway.

Slipknot
05-12-2015, 10:11 AM
If 4 games hold up, I see the score in the Indy game being 78 - 0

Kraft is PISSED
and the players are pissed

PaulS
05-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Ya it would Bob, but the haters would still put asterisks on it anyway.

I was wondering when you would start calling people haters again.

wader-dad
05-12-2015, 11:49 AM
I understand you guys are upset- but when the report came out that video surveillance showed a Patriot employee taking all the game balls into a private bathroom with 10 minutes remaining before kickoff- didn't you say to yourself- uh that's not good. Wasn't that kind of bad news?

Raven
05-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Hard to find any silver lining in the absolute screwing the NFL just gave us, but it will be fun to see what the kid can do. It would be poetic justice for him to go 4-0, Tom come in and just crush the rest of the teams and go undefeated to a 5th SB. Yeah I'm a dreamer, but the NFL deserves it and wouldn't that piss all the Pats haters off.

hey I LIKE IT i'll go with that dream :uhuh:

spence
05-12-2015, 12:26 PM
I understand you guys are upset- but when the report came out that video surveillance showed a Patriot employee taking all the game balls into a private bathroom with 10 minutes remaining before kickoff- didn't you say to yourself- uh that's not good. Wasn't that kind of bad news?
90 seconds. Assume 30 seconds to get situated and exit and that's what about 5 seconds a ball to remove a very specific amount of air...

What do you think he was a wizard?

Slipknot
05-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I was wondering when you would start calling people haters again.

?

I was responding to the comment above mine.
what are we supposed to call fans who hate the Patriots?

Got Stripers
05-12-2015, 01:22 PM
You can knock your girlfriend out, get caught on film dragging her lifeless body out of an elevator and only get a 2 game suspension.

You get caught warming balls and get a warning, or rubbing them down with sticky substance and get $20,000 fine, so where is the equity in this similar tampering offense?

So inequitable, so unfair, loosing a first round pick is really not right; their own report suggests no other personnel were involved.

spence
05-12-2015, 01:29 PM
?

You're supposed to capitalize it.

PaulS
05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
?

Ok, apologist

You can knock your girlfriend out, get caught on film dragging her lifeless body out of an elevator and only get a 2 game suspension.

You get caught warming balls and get a warning, or rubbing them down with sticky substance and get $20,000 fine, so where is the equity in this similar tampering offense?

So inequitable, so unfair, loosing a first round pick is really not right; their own report suggests no other personnel were involved.

The penalty was bc it dealt with a level playing field and the integrity of the game. In many instances lying to someone about the coverup causes more penalties then if you come clean. The league felt they weren't honest.

You guys should be mad at Brady's attorney and whomever gave him the advice to not turn his text messages over to the league since they supposedely would have cleared him of any wrong doing. Those people caused his 4 games suspension.

PaulS
05-12-2015, 02:25 PM
90 seconds. Assume 30 seconds to get situated and exit and that's what about 5 seconds a ball to remove a very specific amount of air...

What do you think he was a wizard?

You ever stick an air pin in a ball and deflate it? If your pump has a button that lets air out, it can be done in 5 sec.

Your a biker, doesn't your air pump have what I'll call a quick release button to quickly dump the air out of it? Mine does.

nightfighter
05-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Ok, apologist

The penalty was bc it dealt with a level playing field and the integrity of the game. In many instances lying to someone about the coverup causes more penalties then if you come clean. The league felt they weren't honest.

You guys should be mad at Brady's attorney and whomever gave him the advice to not turn his text messages over to the league since they supposedely would have cleared him of any wrong doing. Those people caused his 4 games suspension.

The Players Union was adamant that he not turn over his email or phone records due to A. this NOT being a legal inquiry or proceeding, and B due to the precedent it would set.

Bottom line is the League desperately needs to get its priorities in order........

PaulS
05-12-2015, 09:25 PM
So he is going to take a 4 game suspension bc he doesn't want to go against the union? That would mean his allegiance lies with the union and not the Patriots. I don't believe that.

afterhours
05-13-2015, 05:43 AM
i hear brady retained jeffery kessler, hopefully they come out swimging.

Jackbass
05-13-2015, 06:07 AM

You say that but as a member of
The NFLPA it is my understanding they have no legal right to his personal items. Not to mention no one in the league office handed over their personal communication devices during the ray rice investigation(double standard)

This is also easy pickings. No one is talking about domestic abuse, concussions etc. Goodell poked the bear. He did it holding pillows, while his organization leaked like a sieve. The whole thing stinks and it all boils down to butt hurt in the NFL office from I resign as HC PF NYJ

Raven
05-13-2015, 06:59 AM
there should be an app that AUTO deletes all stored info
problem is...if your phone gets hacked, they can actuate it.

Cool Beans
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Reset to default function on most phones...

Also many phones can be wiped remotely. I know as a Blackberry administrator for the navy I could remotely wipe any misplaced phone or if needed we could "brick them" disabling the operating system for stolen phones.

Trouble is if a phone is conveniently wiped then if the investigation changed from administrative to legal, then now you get hit for destroying evidence and obstructing justice.

Handing over a company phone is one thing, but nobody should ever turn over their personal phone, unless required by law.

RIROCKHOUND
05-13-2015, 10:29 AM
So he is going to take a 4 game suspension bc he doesn't want to go against the union? That would mean his allegiance lies with the union and not the Patriots. I don't believe that.

Exactly. Something isn't right about that.... He'll appeal, get 1 or 2 games, and some guilt will remain implied...

fishbones
05-13-2015, 12:06 PM
He may end up with one game, but possibly none after Kessler is done with them.

Slipknot
05-13-2015, 01:11 PM
He is not going to just take a 4 game suspension!
He did not lie, he did not deflate balls, had no knowledge of it and has been called a liar by Wells. I don't blame him for not giving them the texts, I would not trust Wells either.
He will appeal this but will never get back his reputation, the damage is done and that is a shame.
If it goes to court, he will not be worried about how Wells will interpret his texts because he has nothing to hide. The emails and texts would have to be allowed if it goes to court.
The whole thing is a mess

zimmy
05-13-2015, 01:32 PM
He did not lie, he did not deflate balls, had no knowledge of it

:rotflmao:

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Slip also believes in the Easter Bunny.

The Dad Fisherman
05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
My issue isn't that Brady likes his footballs a certain way on the low end of the spectrum....its the fact that 31 other starting QB's in the NFL like them a certain way as well and its a Non-issue. Aaron rogers admitted he had his over-inflated and hoped that the refs didn't catch him.....non-issue.

...and to spend last week talking about how the report said there was no evidence at all that the organization and/or Bill B had any knowledge of it.....and then whack them with a million dollar fine and loss of two draft picks is complete BS.

RIROCKHOUND
05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Slip also believes in the Easter Bunny.

Tom can do no wrong, don't you know that...

I don't put Slip in this category, but I listen to WEEI, and think half of the fans they talk to would support Brady if he 'Ray Riced' Giselle..

I can just hear the call now 'Well Callahan, that Brazilian B---- clearly had it coming' :rotflmao:

piemma
05-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Look, Brady cheated or someone on the Patriots cheated. Does the punishment fit the crime, NO. Should there be some kind of fine and suspension, absolutely.
So the suspension will get reduced to 2 games, maybe 1. The fine will get reduced to $500K and they will still loose their 1st round pick.

I think the more salient point is that Brady's reputation has been tarnished. Regardless of the adjudication, "you can't un-ring the bell".

MAKAI
05-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Think the Pats will be playing a little edgy next year ?

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 03:48 PM
My issue isn't that Brady likes his footballs a certain way on the low end of the spectrum....its the fact that 31 other starting QB's in the NFL like them a certain way as well and its a Non-issue. Aaron rogers admitted he had his over-inflated and hoped that the refs didn't catch him.....non-issue.

...and to spend last week talking about how the report said there was no evidence at all that the organization and/or Bill B had any knowledge of it.....and then whack them with a million dollar fine and loss of two draft picks is complete BS.

None of the other 31 were caught cheating.
Big difference.

Kind of like getting a ticket for drunk driving and saying "I am sure there were other drivers over the limit that evening ociffer.

Slipknot
05-13-2015, 04:04 PM

Raider Ronnie
05-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I think the more salient point is that Brady's reputation has been tarnished. Regardless of the adjudication, "you can't un-ring the bell".[/QUOTE]

Pats fans can forget that "Greatest Ever" argument now.
Most of the country (except Pats fans) think he's a cheater, including plenty in the media all over the country and former players.
Than you add in the Belicheck Spygate episode, CHEATERS

Raider Ronnie
05-13-2015, 04:48 PM

Bruce,
That picture would be much more fitting if Tom were a Raider, because thats how Al Davis and the team would have handled this situation.
Raiders...
"Ya, we cheated, FU, try to stop us !!!
Patriots,
Deny & lie like a politician !!!

The Dad Fisherman
05-13-2015, 05:23 PM
None of the other 31 were caught cheating.
Big difference.

Kind of like getting a ticket for drunk driving and saying "I am sure there were other drivers over the limit that evening ociffer.

Actually more like coming home and finding a speeding ticket in the mail and them saying "Well, you got home 15 minutes earlier than usual so you must have been speeding"

Because was he really "Caught"?

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Actually more like coming home and finding a speeding ticket in the mail and them saying "Well, you got home 15 minutes earlier than usual so you must have been speeding"

Um, you can take the Slip route if you choose.
It's kind of like asking about whether the tree on your house actually fell because nobody witnessed the act of falling.
Again,the rest of the country can lick my hairy bag. But I have difficulty believing any hocus pocus caused the balls to deflate themselves.i hope this doesn't cast me as sensible.

spence
05-13-2015, 06:53 PM
You ever stick an air pin in a ball and deflate it? If your pump has a button that lets air out, it can be done in 5 sec.

To somewhat accurately manage 12 balls at 5 seconds each, you'd be nervous, if one is deflated too much you're going to get nailed, and just calmly walk out is pretty hard to believe.

Raider Ronnie
05-13-2015, 07:16 PM
To somewhat accurately manage 12 balls at 5 seconds each, you'd be nervous, if one is deflated too much you're going to get nailed, and just calmly walk out is pretty hard to believe.

You're talking about taking air out of a ball while watching the gauge, not disarming a friggin bomb !

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 07:19 PM

It's kind of like asking about whether the tree on your house actually fell because nobody witnessed the act of falling.
Again,the rest of the country can lick my hairy bag. But I have difficulty believing any hocus pocus caused the balls to deflate themselves.i hope this doesn't cast me as sensible.

spence
05-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Again,the rest of the country can lick my hairy bag.
Really odd fetish.
But I have difficulty believing any hocus pocus caused the balls to deflate themselves.i hope this doesn't cast me as sensible.
Brady wants the balls at the lowest PSI he thinks he will get away with pre-inspection. The colder weather makes them even lower. The league's sloppy processes and inaccurate gauges don't even give you a confident picture.

What's so hard to understand?

The Dad Fisherman
05-13-2015, 07:40 PM

I'm not saying he didn't do it.....I'm saying I don't think this report really proved he did it.

The guy that got the speeding ticket probably was speeding to get home early......but did anybody really prove he did.....and should he have to pay that ticket. Would you pay that ticket?

spence
05-13-2015, 08:15 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/05/12/top-10-reasons-why-an-appeal-overturns-tom-bradys-suspension/

zimmy
05-13-2015, 08:28 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/05/12/top-10-reasons-why-an-appeal-overturns-tom-bradys-suspension/
That guy is a neocon whack job. He complains about Wells cherry-picking data yet he would give G'dub a reach around while whispering yellow cake into his ears. The whole thing is ridiculous top to bottom, but the reaction of Patriots nation is priceless.

PaulS
05-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Did the league make the Pats suspend the 2 guys or was it all the Pats?

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Really odd fetish.

Brady wants the balls at the lowest PSI he thinks he will get away with pre-inspection. The colder weather makes them even lower. The league's sloppy processes and inaccurate gauges don't even give you a confident picture.

What's so hard to understand?
I feel as though I understand it completely. But I also thought OJ was guilty.

Sea Dangles
05-13-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm not saying he didn't do it.....I'm saying I don't think this report really proved he did it.

The guy that got the speeding ticket probably was speeding to get home early......but did anybody really prove he did.....and should he have to pay that ticket. Would you pay that ticket?

Seems a different approach is needed for comprehension purposes.
Do you believe the sun will come up tomorrow?

Piscator
05-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Again,the rest of the country can lick my hairy bag.

Ummmm, it's 2015....you should be shaving your nuts.....

Sea Dangles
05-14-2015, 05:41 AM
How would Spence floss?

The Dad Fisherman
05-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Seems a different approach is needed for comprehension purposes.
Do you believe the sun will come up tomorrow?

Maybe we can wax philosophical....does the Sun Really "Come Up"?

nightfighter
05-14-2015, 07:09 AM
I see we have moved from deflating balls to waxing nuts........

The Dad Fisherman
05-14-2015, 07:26 AM
I think it was more about SD's Fashion Sense......he sports a hairy bag.

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/39031567/large.jpg

Nebe
05-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Just my opinion but this drama is here only because it's a lull in the sports season.

Raven
05-14-2015, 08:19 AM
LUL

RIROCKHOUND
05-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Ummmm, it's 2015....you should be shaving your nuts.....

More than we needed to know about your habits.... :hs:

Ed B
05-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Selective enforcement of rules to make a point is exactly what has been taking place in the NCAA. People lose faith in the system to do the right thing and it's why so many of the big schools are talking about parting ways with the NCAA.

I look at this whole episode as Goodell doing something very easy in order to show he is capable of doing something, because he has shamefully done very little on some very much more serious issues. It's no accident that there has been very little talk on the sports pages since the Indy game of any of the issues that were previously dogging Goodell. The tail is wagging the dog.

Raven
05-14-2015, 11:43 AM
http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/5/14/8606333/patriots-respond-to-wells-report-launch-wellsreportcontext-com

spence
05-14-2015, 12:44 PM
http://wellsreportcontext.com/

I think after this about all they can gripe about is Brady not handing over his cell phone.

Slipknot
05-14-2015, 12:51 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/05/14/former-dolphins-ol-coach-jim-turner-on-ted-wells-independent-investigator-my-expletive/

"Wells is not a good human"

good cop bad cop, and wells is bad cop
it's obvious

You should hear the whole interview with the mad dog
you'll get the picture perfectly clear

Former Dolphins offensive line coach Jim Turner, who was interviewed by Ted Wells as part of the Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito bullying scandal, went on the attack Thursday on Ted Wells when appearing on Sirius XM’s Mad Dog Sports Radio.

“When you sit in front of them, they are under attack,” Turner said. “There are accusations. It’s obvious they have an agenda and in my case their agenda was to defend [Jonathan] Martin at all costs. It was clear by the questioning. It was easy to see. To be honest with you, when you’re sitting across from him, I’ll be honest, it was almost laughable when I was sitting there because it was almost like I was in the movie Office Space and I was sitting across from Bob and Bob. I’m looking at these guys and what could these two lawyers — what could they possibly understand about a NFL locker room?”

Turner said he understands why Tom Brady didn’t hand over his cell phone to him.

“One thing stands out to me and it is just how smart Tom Brady is,” he said. “He didn’t trust the Wells Report. He didn’t trust Wells. If he did, he would have complied a little more. From my experience I see the crossover between things that are happening to the Patriots right now and things that happened to me. Wells is not a good human being. When I didn’t give him the stories he wanted, he targeted me as part of a problem in Miami. He’s not an independent investigator. He’s not doing it looking at both sides of the situation. He’s hired by the NFL and he’s going to print the story they wanted printed.”

Added Turner: “100 percent — Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, I wouldn’t say a word. Independent investigator, my [expletive].”

PaulS
05-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Did the league make the Pats suspend the 2 guys or was it all the Pats?

I'm still trying to figure out why these 2 got suspended.

The Dad Fisherman
05-14-2015, 03:08 PM

You and Brady both... :hihi:

wader-dad
05-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Just my opinion but this drama is here only because it's a lull in the sports season.

I think the guys skating on Madison Square Garden Ice have broken any Lull.

Lets go Rangers.

The Dad Fisherman
05-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I think the guys skating on Madison Square Garden Ice have broken any Lull.

Lets go Rangers.

We also have basketball playoffs going on now.......and baseball has begun. :hee:

cow tamer
05-15-2015, 05:16 AM
And now Goodell will preside over the appeal. This ought to be fun.

Raven
05-15-2015, 05:42 AM
who made him GOD

afterhours
05-15-2015, 07:53 AM
And now Goodell will preside over the appeal. This ought to be fun.

total WTF....the balls of this clown. The beginning of the end for goodell.

PaulS
05-15-2015, 08:00 AM
who made him GOD

The collective Bargaining Agreement does.

Brady better say screw the union and release those texts that will absolve him.

I'm guess the suspension goes to 3 games.

Slipknot
05-15-2015, 08:20 AM
The collective Bargaining Agreement does.

Brady better say screw the union and release those texts that will absolve him.

I'm guess the suspension goes to 3 games.

he will when it goes to court, and it will go to court since I don't see Gooddell reducing it to zero games which I am sure Brady wants.

PaulS
05-15-2015, 08:22 AM
does the CBA give him the right to go to court?

Slipknot
05-15-2015, 08:24 AM
I don't believe he needs the CBA to go to court, just his own lawyers

Sea Dangles
05-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Lance Armstrong had people who believed him too

zimmy
05-15-2015, 08:53 AM
"The deflator" was trying to lose weight :bgi:

PaulS
05-15-2015, 09:03 AM
I don't believe he needs the CBA to go to court, just his own lawyers

The CBA may cover suspensions and may not allow disciplinary matters to go to court. They may have to be handled by the league. I don't know.

Slipknot
05-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Speaking of the CBA
according to it, the commissioner is supposed to be the only person to hand out punishments not Troy Vincent.

just more stupidity in this whole mess

I am not blind, I know there are mistakes on both sides, but I believe Brady never said , inferred or expected anyone to let any air out of any balls after the ref checks them. It doesn't make any sense if you look at the amounts they were missing, a half a pound per square inch on only some of the balls???. But if you are a doubting Thomas and believe the inaccurate false early reports that 11 balls down 2 psi, that is your perogative. I will go by the facts and there is just too much biased agenda with Wells investigation. Brady's lawyer will spell it all out clearly and get this straightened out but it's too bad because people have already formed their opinions.

Sea Dangles
05-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Slip, I think you just need a hug at this point. You seem very vulnerable and gullible. I am sure Aaron Hernandez would have really loved to see you as a juror. I love the Pats but would not actually swallow TB's load.

spence
05-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Brilliant comparison. Is that original or a PaulS collaboration?

Slipknot
05-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Stay classy Chris

Raider Ronnie
05-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Slip, I think you just need a hug at this point. You seem very vulnerable and gullible. I am sure Aaron Hernandez would have really loved to see you as a juror. I love the Pats but would not actually swallow TB's load.

So you'really a spitter. :-p

Sea Dangles
05-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Speaking of the CBA
according to it, the commissioner is supposed to be the only person to hand out punishments not Troy Vincent.

just more stupidity in this whole mess

I am not blind, I know there are mistakes on both sides, but I believe Brady never said , inferred or expected anyone to let any air out of any balls after the ref checks them. It doesn't make any sense if you look at the amounts they were missing, a half a pound per square inch on only some of the balls???. But if you are a doubting Thomas and believe the inaccurate false early reports that 11 balls down 2 psi, that is your perogative. I will go by the facts and there is just too much biased agenda with Wells investigation. Brady's lawyer will spell it all out clearly and get this straightened out but it's too bad because people have already formed their opinions.

Read Lester Munsons article on ESPN.COM about the text messages between McNally and Jastrmski following the Oct 17th game vs the Jets.and then go back and revise your opinion. Blind faith will only play you for a fool Bruce. Not a big deal but certainly hard to explain,even for a homer like you.

PaulS
05-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Brilliant comparison. Is that original or a PaulS collaboration?

Since your fanboy faith in Brady seems to have blinded you, we were trying to come up w/something you could understand.

Admittedly, I thought Lance was spelled Lanse.

Slipknot
05-18-2015, 08:54 AM
no blind faith here Chris, I read the so called evidence, I also came to the same conclusion that many others have. that the NFL and Wells went into this with only one thing in mind, to nail Brady and the Pats so they used everything they could to twist their opinions and that includes media leaks also. Did you know that Mike Kensil said to a patriots person right after they measured the balls that " you guys are in big F'in trouble"? sounds like opinion formed already to me. This guys article asks questions that have been answered, he is just writing it to see it the way the NFL saw it from the beginning. Brady's texts were already in Wells' possession and he had no texts to or from McNally, the writer makes it seem worse by exaggerating just like the media all like to do.
Just because the Patriots are consistent winners, they have been branded as cheaters by all the others who cry because they don't always win, it's pretty pathetic. You don't see the SD Chargers getting fined that much, getting suspensions, or losing draft picks or 4 million dollar investigations over their 2012 ball tampering incident do you? Did they say the Chargers were in big F'in trouble when they officials actually saw in person them tampering with the balls? NO, they aren't the Patriots.
It's all assumptions Chris, no evidence.

Did you know that Dean Blandino the head of officials lied about knowing about the Colts questioning the air pressure of Pats balls before the game? The head official lied about knowing beforehand!!! do you think they were trying to cover something up? There is email evidence to prove this, actual proof.

those texts do not prove anything about Tom ordering those 2 to conspire to let air out after an official approved game balls.

I believe the air pressure data shows that atmospheric conditions can account for lower air pressure. It's pretty friggin simple.

I read all the stuff on this, I am not changing my mind unless there is some actual proof he lied.

Sea Dangles
05-18-2015, 09:26 AM
So your assumption is they acted on their own and Brady had nothing to do with it? I think you are a little smarter than that. Maybe the conspiracy has them setting up Tom terrific lol.
I am not saying the punishment fits the crime here. I am just certain there was a crime and that it was orchestrated by TB. Big crime? No. In fact it is detailed that there is a 25k fine for this offense. Yes I know the country hates the Pats the same way the Celts and Yankees were hated. Win that long and you wear a bullseye. I get it. I also am aware there was no murder weapon found in the Hernandez case but there was enough circumstantial evidence to convict him. I also think we were set up to an extent,but were too infallible to pay attention. The answer he gave at the press conference after he was asked if he cheated..."I don't think so"

BTW, branding us as cheaters had nothing to do with spy gate but the shoe still fit.

spence
05-18-2015, 09:54 AM
...or perhaps they just did nothing illegal. I'm shocked that locker room attendants would be talking about their job...shocked.

Slipknot
05-18-2015, 11:16 AM
his answer just shows his astonishment at being called a cheater.

did you read the report?

no, I don't think Mcnally acted alone. He did not deflate balls in the bathroom so didn't act all nevermind alone. The air pressure loss is clearly accounted for by science but Wells made his biased decision to negate Walt Anderson's best recollection that he measured the balls pregame using the gauge with the Wilson logo. This is the same Walt Anderson who Wells defended as his integrity and respect was second to none, OK but Wells chose to go against that since it doesn't suit Wells' agenda.

I am smart and I think there can also be texts from those 2 about deflation and inflation. The preparation includes pumping air in and letting air out along with the rubbing and surface prep so everyone should just get over themselves. Nothing happened to the air, it was still in the balls. In fact, they should have measured them again after the game after they returned to the exact temp. they were before the game, but they did not so that doesn't help.

People always have to knock the guy or team at the top just like the doubters that doubt world record fish holders.

you believe whatever you want to believe, but if you based your opinion on a couple of texts, then maybe you need to read everything again.

Slipknot
05-19-2015, 05:54 AM

According to Adam Scheffter, the NFL requested they be suspended, and the Patriots granted their request.
Like I said, they did nothing to the air

nightfighter
05-19-2015, 06:09 AM
And now, Act 3 The Owners Meetings and Back-Channel Negotiations

The Dad Fisherman
05-19-2015, 06:38 AM
Nothing to see here......we have deflated footballs to talk about...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

PaulS
05-19-2015, 06:44 AM
According to Adam Scheffter, the NFL requested they be suspended, and the Patriots granted their request.
Like I said, they did nothing to the air

So they agreed to suspend two employees who they felt had nothing to do with this bc the balls where deflated "due to science"?

Nice way to treat your employees.

Raven
05-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Nothing to see here......we have deflated footballs to talk about...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

super point

Sea Flat
05-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Employees were fired because they were idiots, stealing sneakers and jackets!

If Brady is innocent the Patriots have really screwed this whole thing up by not simply having "the deflator" come out and say he was trying to get the balls to 12.5 and Brady didn't know he was doing it illegally.

In addition, the NFL has screwed this thing up from the start with false pressure readings being leaked to media, the Wells report accepting everything of the ref Anderson's testimony as fact, but the actual gage he used to measure the pressure. Some of the Colts balls were underinflated on one of the gages too.

This is so frickin stupid!!

Raven
05-19-2015, 08:41 AM
This is so frickin stupid!!

i think a non HATER impartial Judge will feel the same.

Raider Ronnie
05-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Brady is a cheap bastard.

Jackbass
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM

He also had real accusers with evidence of wrongdoing. Not leaks that were 100% FALSE intended to sway public favor away from the individual being Questioned. Brady has never ONCE been subject of league discipline. In a 15 year career. It is about more than sitting down for a game or four.

We have a report with guesses that favor the league which has given Wells 45 yes FORTY FIVE million dollars for two investigations!!! Reported by Adam Schefter this AM. He also reported the league told the Patriots to suspend McNally and Jastremski. Also makes Patriots look bad (pin the blame on the little guy).

The longer this goes on and the more FACTUAL info that is released the more it looks like the league is railroading the Pats.

Fans across the country rejoice you can now rationalize that a fraction of a PSI is why your team is not competitive year after year.

Sea Dangles
05-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Since I was young I have learned that where there is smoke you will usually find fire

Jackbass
05-19-2015, 09:59 AM
BTW, branding us as cheaters had nothing to do with spy gate but the shoe still fit.

Which if you remember correctly was 100% admitted to and Belichick felt he had mis interpreted the rules. Not to mention the entire country created BS about locker room microphones and taped practices and Goodell and Kraft conspired to destroy the tapes.

Why would these guys go to the gallows over the PSI of footballs when they have been fully cooperative in the past. The whole thing stinks

Jackbass
05-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Since I was young I have learned that where there is smoke you will usually find fire

I agree with you but my question is who is holding the matches. I honestly do not beleive there was in any way an attempt to play with substandard equipment. I beleive the intent was to have the equipment at 12.5 or what ever the minimum is and through investigation assumptions have been made regarding very pertinent, pieces of equipment (air gauges) which one was used where and when on which footballs at which time, intent of texts. Every time a text suited the NFL's argument it was factual, every time it favored the patriots wells assumed it was a joke.

I feel like the texts were banter between two guys that were screwing around for a laugh at their employers expense. You're telling me neither of these guys would have come forward with something concrete at this point.

Raider Ronnie
05-19-2015, 05:58 PM
No comments about Mr. Kraft's decision today from all the Pats Homers or was there a mass suicide ?

Slipknot
05-19-2015, 06:02 PM
So they agreed to suspend two employees who they felt had nothing to do with this bc the balls where deflated "due to science"?

Nice way to treat your employees.

No one said they agreed
They went along with it as requested, the NFL can't suspend employees of teams themselves.
What does it matter

Now Kraft is dropping the hose job they have received but Brady sure won't

spence
05-19-2015, 06:38 PM
No comments about Mr. Kraft's decision today from all the Pats Homers or was there a mass suicide ?
No, it makes perfect sense.

Kraft is heading to the owners meeting and doesn't want to look like he's gone rogue given his leadership position, in fact, now he can position himself as taking one for the owners and generate sympathy...his support for Brady has never wavered.

The union on the other hand moves forward with the appeal to protect the player who's been wronged.

It's just a classic good cop bad cop.

Sea Dangles
05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
This was Kraftys confession
Or concession

Raider Ronnie
05-19-2015, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=spence;1073031]No, it makes perfect sense.

Kraft is heading to the owners meeting and doesn't want to look like he's gone rogue given his leadership position, in fact, now he can position himself as taking one for the owners and generate sympathy...his support for Brady has never wavered.

1 million dollar fine, loss of a 1st round draft pick next year and a 4th the year after and labeled cheaters.......

Keep telling yourself that Spence :rollem:

Jackbass
05-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Not everyone is lining up to be Al Davis

MAKAI
05-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Just win baby !

Sea Dangles
05-20-2015, 06:51 AM
No, it makes perfect sense.

The union on the other hand moves forward with the appeal to protect the plaayer who's been wronged.

It's just a classic good cop bad cop.
This move by Kraft does anything but show support for Brady. The union also appealed the punishment for Rice and Peterson who they also felt had been wronged. Move along Jeff,nothing to see here anymore.

PaulS
05-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Earlier in the week ESPN said there was "back channel" discussions bt the NFL and Pats. about this. They prob. ended up agreeing that the Pats would drop their appeal and Brady's suspension will be shortened.

spence
05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
He also had real accusers with evidence of wrongdoing.
I don't even think that's the big difference. If Lance didn't blood dope and use EPO, well, if Lance and his entire teams didn't blood dope and use EPO his number of TDF victories would most likely be ZERO.

God forbid Brady did tweak his ball pressure he's still most likely a repeat Super Bowl Champion.

Even uttering their names in the same sentence is offensive.

spence
05-20-2015, 07:21 AM
This move by Kraft does anything but show support for Brady. The union also appealed the punishment for Rice and Peterson who they also felt had been wronged. Move along Jeff,nothing to see here anymore.
It's a pretty obvious negotiation. Keep down this road and you're going to be a full fledged Jets fan pretty soon.

Sea Dangles
05-20-2015, 08:02 AM
I don't even think that's the big difference. If Lance didn't blood dope and use EPO, well, if Lance and his entire teams didn't blood dope and use EPO his number of TDF victories would most likely be ZERO.

God forbid Brady did tweak his ball pressure he's still most likely a repeat Super Bowl Champion.

Even uttering their names in the same sentence is offensive.

In the context where they each did something wrong(which Kraft basically conceded) and then denied it,there are parallels.

Sea Dangles
05-20-2015, 08:08 AM
It's a pretty obvious negotiation. Keep down this road and you're going to be a full fledged Jets fan pretty soon.

I agree about the negotiation and desperately attempting to allow TB to save face somehow. Does clarity make me a Jets fan in your world?

So we lose a #1 and 4. Pay the largest fine ever in the NFL ,yet we admitted nothing? If Brady's suspension is reduced does that mean he is innocent? What a world you live in....stay golden Jeff

spence
05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
In the context where they each did something wrong(which Kraft basically conceded) and then denied it,there are parallels.
Good lord that's a loose standard.

Raven
05-20-2015, 09:32 AM
this may sound strange
but i envisioned 1 million junior (kids) Patriot fans
sending a single dollar via US Mail to Uncle Bob Kraft
from their little Piggy banks..... ( to thumb nose the NFL)
then Owner Kraft Matches the Million
and uses it to make the team EVEN Better

spence
05-20-2015, 09:43 AM
I agree about the negotiation and desperately attempting to allow TB to save face somehow. Does clarity make me a Jets fan in your world?

So we lose a #1 and 4. Pay the largest fine ever in the NFL ,yet we admitted nothing? If Brady's suspension is reduced does that mean he is innocent? What a world you live in....stay golden Jeff
It's a business decision, sometimes it's just easier to let it go than fight. Doesn't mean you're guilty.

Either Kraft struck a deal or there's a yet to be revealed smoking gun.

Raider Ronnie
05-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Just win baby !

Yup.
that's what AL Davis did for years all while saying FU to Pete Rozelle !

MAKAI
05-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Embrace the hate !
A great motivator indeed.

DZ
05-20-2015, 11:54 AM
It sure appears like Kraft basically took a crucifixion for the sake of the league as a whole. I'm not sure what to think. Will be interesting to see if anybody talks when the league loosens the gag order on all the other owners. I find the issue facinating and look forward to the Brady appeal whichever way it goes.

Sea Dangles
05-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Good lord that's a loose standard.

Ha,that is because Lance was the only cheater?
No, he was the best cheater.

spence
05-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Ha,that is because Lance was the only cheater?
No, he was the best cheater.
You just undermined your own argument :rtfm:

buckman
05-20-2015, 01:48 PM
If Brady ends up with the four-game suspension, the Patriots $1 million fine will be a wash.
I think you will see the commissioner step down from the appeal process. That is probably the deal Kraft made.

Sea Dangles
05-20-2015, 03:00 PM
You just undermined your own argument :rtfm:

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would conclude otherwise. We will let it play out. I hope I am wrong to be honest. But up to this point things have gone as I expect. You are an apologist by nature,but I predict even you will have a tough time putting a positive spin on this story. I think we will have a better chance of finding Hoffa than you and Slip after all is said and done.

Slipknot
05-20-2015, 06:54 PM
you can find me working my butt off and glad to have work, once in a while I'll listen to sports talk radio but lately it's getting old and worn out. I am in the same boat as DZ, looking forward to see how the Brady appeal moves along.
Gooddell is not budging a bit.
I will go to games still, and continue to not buy anything in there but I will come up with a sign or 2 to express my feelings.

Thanks to the Colts,Mike Kensil,Roger Gooddell,Chris Mortenson,Dean Blandino, Harrbaugh,Ted Wells,McNally, Jastremski and the NFL league office douchebags (who strategically leaked false damaging information purposely to defame) for ruining my off season, and a super bowl champion off season that feels more like a punch in the #^&#^&#^&#^& than a celebration.

GFY

piemma
05-21-2015, 01:25 AM
All you guys want to do is argue. Go fishing for Chris sake!

Tagger
05-21-2015, 02:58 AM
Colts Andrew Luck likes his balls at the top end of the scale 13.5 .. Will the league be watching him this fall those summer like games to make sure the pressure doesn't creep over 13.5 ? If so will this wrath come down on the Colts ? of course not .. It's the Colts .

Raven
05-21-2015, 05:49 AM
All you guys want to do is argue. Go fishing for Chris sake!

Great recommendation Paul

Because EVEN CNN can't get it right :rtfm:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign.png

The Dad Fisherman
05-21-2015, 06:59 AM
they spelled that guys name right......

Raven
05-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Brad was the name of her first car.....