View Full Version : Gerald Belsan Obit.

BEETLE
01-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Another good one gone, Tight lines Sir & Condolences to the Belsan Family.

Gerald E. Belsan, of Scituate passed away January 24, 2015, at Brigham & Womens Hospital in Boston. Beloved husband of Nina (Giordano) Belsan, with whom he shared 54 years of marriage, he was the devoted father of Jim Belsan and his wife Mary of Marshfield, Teresa Belsan of Scituate, Pete Belsan and his wife Michelle of Scituate and John Belsan and his wife Marcella of Scituate; proud grandfather of Rachael, Hannah, Julia, Elaina, Lily, Matty, Andrew, Jackson and Seamus; loving brother of sisters, Judy, Barbara and his late brother Jim. He was born in Cleveland, Ohio, the son of the late James and Lillian Belsan. He was a graduate of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy and later served in the United States Navy as an officer. This was followed by a long career in Defense Electronics. He moved to Scituate in the 1960s and instantly fell in love with the ocean. His passion for fishing evolved into the beginning of his family business, Belsan Bait & Tackle in Scituate. Above all else, he absolutely cherished his children and grandchildren and the time he spent with them. A funeral Mass will take place Saturday, January 31, 2015, at 10 a.m. at St. Mary of the Nativity Church, 1 Kent Street, Scituate. Visiting hours Friday 4-6 p.m. at the Richardson-Gaffey Funeral Home, 382 First Parish Rd., Scituate. Interment private - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/southofboston-ledger/obituary.aspx?n=gerald-e-belsan&pid=173977083&fhid=3335#sthash.XcQu0s0V.dpuf

BigBo
01-28-2015, 07:53 AM
RIP Gerry. :( I've been going to his shop since I was a kid. Gerry ran a great B&T shop and now Pete is carrying on that tradition.

JohnR
01-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Wow - sorry to hear. My shop of choice when I lived on South Shore

BEETLE
01-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Have not been to the tackle shop for a long time, always enjoyed seeing Gerry and talking to him.
One of the last times I saw him was during a MV derby years ago on South Beach.
BasicPatrick and I were going to a "spot" and passed by Gerry on the way. A perfect September late afternoon on the beach. Gerry was set up at his location doing his thing. Had a smile from ear to ear and big wave and hello for us as we passed, that's how I'll remember him.

putty
01-28-2015, 09:06 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the Belsan family. Sincere condolences to all who knew Gerry. Rest in Peace

BigFish
01-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Nice guy he was! Condolences to all.

Swimmer
01-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Great guy, fish with him on the Vineyard countless times. He use to wander off and fish spots that were secret to him.
Either that or he just wanted peace and quiet. Member of the Dodge's Hole gang. I 'll miss Gerry.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

stripermaineiac
01-30-2015, 08:41 PM
Fished with him in the Tri State Tourney for years. Great people both him and his son. Sad loss to all that knew him.