View Full Version : Enough is Enough!!

macojoe
02-10-2015, 12:22 AM
I am done!! Another 12" today on top of the 2 feet on the ground! I can't keep up with it, my dialysis kills me and I can't shovel. Then on my off days, I can't do a whole lot! I am to the point that I just do the last 10 feet of the drive way to park, and a path from there to get in the house. I hate the plows the most, cause after busting my a@$ they plow me right back in.
Now the below 0 themps coming and I have to dig a path to the oil tank, but no cash for oil. so I guess it don't matter! Fuel ass says cause the bank has not forcloused on the wareham house I am a 2 home owner and don't qualify.can't get a break this year!!

ok rant over!!

stripermaineiac
02-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Hey Joe, give the local Fire Dept a call. when i was on the call dept up here we did a lot of diggin snow paths for people in a tight like you. If I wasn't so damn far away I'd run down with my snowblower to do it for you. There's a group of us around here that have been takin care of some of the older people that just can't do these snow amounts. Funny how retirement opens other jobs up . Good part has been some of the home baked stuff for clearin a driveway

Raven
02-10-2015, 06:59 AM
hang in there JOE

Sea Dangles
02-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Geez Joe, if it weren't for plows you wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Not to mention any of the emergency vehicles and school buses or oil trucks. I wake up early just to get over to my Moms house and also take care of elderly or disabled neighbors. Too bad you haven't found a Samaritan to help you out.
Spring is coming
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

macojoe
02-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys! I went out last night after a nap from dialysis and got a path to the end of the drive. Then this morning 4 more inches #%*^ dug that out and then started on the drive way plowed end. well after 3 hours and lots of breaks i am out!

Raven
02-10-2015, 11:33 AM
wait for the flooding

Fly Rod
02-10-2015, 12:52 PM
wishing ya the best joe....waiting for the plow guy....he broke down last nite....went out to snowblow this morning had to stop we got 24+ inches

macojoe
02-10-2015, 09:51 PM
:crying:

BigBo
02-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Ha! Come up to Rockland. We hit the jackpot on this last one. Over 30" on top of what we already had. :af: Roofs caving in all around town.

macojoe
02-11-2015, 04:18 AM
I will be there saturday! Doc for the wife.

piemma
02-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Ha! Come up to Rockland. We hit the jackpot on this last one. Over 30" on top of what we already had. :af: Roofs caving in all around town.

Finally found a roof rake at HD and I went to assemble it and all the hardware was missing. I called Home Depot and tore them a new one. They got me another one from another store but I to make 2 more 30 mile trips to them.
I have been moving a lot of snow off the sun room roof and garage.

Now they say another huge storm Sat/Sun:af:

BTW, I know you guys on the North Shore have been hit hard but so have we in the Worcester snow belt. Officially 75.8"

Fly Rod
02-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Piemma according to weather station your area had more snow then anyplace else in the country...LOL....:)

Raider Ronnie
02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
This site needs a "Like" to click on like fb.

The Dad Fisherman
02-12-2015, 04:09 PM
BTW, I know you guys on the North Shore have been hit hard but so have we in the Worcester snow belt. Officially 75.8"

Worcester always gets hammered.....I'd say my neck of the woods has had about 65" so far this past 3 week period.

Pete F.
02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I think you guys need to come to the Champlain Valley. We might have 30" on the ground, of course in the Green MTS there is lots more.

Raven
02-13-2015, 06:04 AM
This site needs a "Like" to click on like fb.

oh no..... careful what you wish for... after you like something on facebook
...then they'll use that "like" and say yep :point: he likes it using your name without permission
to convince others to do the same.

Raven
02-13-2015, 06:07 AM
SNOWSTORM NEPTUNE to hit on saturday and sunday

MAKAI
02-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Maybe it's me, but naming winter storms is pocket pencil protector geeky stupid.
Also do you really need to see 20 reporters in various locations ?
I've got a window, thanks .

JohnnySaxatilis
02-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Yeap get ready for another hit of winter... feels like spring is about 5 years away

buckman
02-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Maybe it's me, but naming winter storms is pocket pencil protector geeky stupid.

Does anybody even watch the weather channel anymore? Smart phones have made them totally irrelevant

iamskippy
02-13-2015, 08:26 AM

Just another way to bring fear and drama to the peeople....

Raven
02-13-2015, 09:11 AM
IMA scaered :uhuh: - 7 oh no

Fly Rod
02-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Does anybody even watch the weather channel anymore? Smart phones have made them totally irrelevant

Smart phone!.... what is a smart phone..... can't be that smart....needs a person to operate it...LOL

Raven
02-14-2015, 05:47 PM
i can see my spare shovel
(my tried and true broke after 5 years service)
but only the handle is showing and i cannot get to it
(snow's way to deep)
i'd have to go dig it out
it'll be under the snow by morning :bc:

macojoe
02-14-2015, 07:36 PM
My nephew came over today, I have a roof rake that I have only used once from the other house. So he came today to rake the roof before the stuff tonight. Lots of peps out on the roofs here today!

Raven
02-15-2015, 07:19 AM
this is where i will be .................................. :cputin: ............

ivanputski
02-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Dont ever let yourself complain about the heat in the summer, people. Sure, it may be hot and uncomfortable, but you dont have to shovel heat!!!

Mugz
02-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Dont ever let yourself complain about the heat in the summer, people. Sure, it may be hot and uncomfortable, but you dont have to shovel heat!!!

Bring on THE HEAT!!! Because that's what it will take to melt all this freakin snow.

Raider Ronnie
02-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Bring on THE HEAT!!! Because that's what it will take to melt all this freakin snow.

Be careful what you wish for !
A quick warm up and most everyone will be screwed with floods.
My house is up on a hill surrounded by beautiful gravel that drains off no problem so I'll be all set.

ProfessorM
02-15-2015, 10:29 AM
I did not think we were going to get this much this time. Must be close to 18 to 20 inches of new out there. After a good cry back at it. Good forbid we get any rain in the next month. That would be devastating to many.

ronfish
02-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile deviceOr rain!!! Ron

Raven
02-16-2015, 07:05 AM
running snow blowers on roof tops says it all

nightfighter
02-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Wind is killer.... Minus 6 here as I type. Have four more driveways to clear today. A couple additions due to people being away for school vacation. Then work out a better way to deliver calcium chloride onto some hard to reach ice dams. Getting quotes to have snow removed from a few tight neighborhoods too.

These are conditions that I can relate to what the crab fishing fleet must work in.....

Mr. Sandman
02-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Well, I just got yesterday back from deep in the Caribbean, Latitude 10. 90deg heat intense sun. Marlin fishing and relaxing with the wife on the beach and drinking way too much island rum. Have a bad sun burn on my gut. Landed in PVD under white out conditions, took 4 hours to get to woods hole ferry from pvd, then woke up to -8 deg..then the wind blew. I went outside this morning and thought my skull was going to crack from thermal contraction.

I think it is time to begin the planning process to move the south.

nightfighter
02-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Woke up feeling exhausted.... Not good. Wrists, elbows, shoulders all hurting. 2-3" dusting overnight. No one is even bothering with it. I have one driveway to open up for a car that is being delivered back Florida and two more roofs to open up dams on before the rain... And then there are the calls to cut access to oil tank fills... Bought a chipping hammer yesterday to break up ice dams. Cannot find bigger bags of calcium chloride, only in smaller shaker jugs. 25 empty jugs went to recycling. Already telling accounts that I am not doing snow removal next year..... Feeling old this morning.

iamskippy
02-19-2015, 07:59 AM
BJ has 5 gallon pails, and use a nylon stocking, seems to have work well thus far.

Rockfish9
02-19-2015, 09:15 AM
I feel your pain Ross.... I arrived at the plant Monday to find the main and employee entrances drifted in over 8' high.. the 100' walkway was drifted in waist deep ( OK knee deep to some of you guy's)..it took 4 1/2 hours and a lot of shoveling as well as a superior effort from my 20 year old Torro 724 ( the only machine that I can bring down stairs)to move it... and I did it alone because my janitor was born in the Dominican republic.. he and snow/cold just don't mesh.. if it snow... he stays home... when I was done I got to clear off the hydrogen dock and clear 2 storage trailer roofs as well as a few drifted in ( leaking) sky lights.. I guess the good part is that the main roof is %90 blown free of snow... thank god for small favors...all this after working most of the day Saturday and Sunday clearing my own garage.. porch and roof...I turned 60 Sunday.. and this week feel every bit of it..

FYI as of Friday .. Grainger had 50lb boxes of ice melt... I bought 4 more .. bringing this years total to 12... 50 lb. boxes.. the most I have bought in 20 years of maintaining this building. Look them up on line and you can put in your zip code to check availability...

that invitation from my Son to go live in New Orleans is looking better each day... except for the fact that I hate snakes MORE than snow....

stripermaineiac
02-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Just cleared the 6 to 8 in of fluff. glad its not warmer. Killed 1 snowblower so far and the amount of gas I've gone through with clearin the snow here an at the apts is nuts.1 of the 3 elderly that I keep cleared out met me at the door this AM with a coffee an fresh coffee cake. there are some posetives to this constant snow.

Sea Dangles
02-19-2015, 09:42 AM
I feel your pain Ross.... I arrived at the plant Monday to find the main and employee entrances drifted in over 8' high.. the 100' walkway was drifted in waist deep ( OK knee deep to some of you guy's)..it took 4 1/2 hours and a lot of shoveling as well as a superior effort from my 20 year old Torro 724 ( the only machine that I can bring down stairs)to move it... and I did it alone because my janitor was born in the Dominican republic.. he and snow/cold just don't mesh.. if it snow... he stays home... when I was done I got to clear off the hydrogen dock and clear 2 storage trailer roofs as well as a few drifted in ( leaking) sky lights.. I guess the good part is that the main roof is %90 blown free of snow... thank god for small favors...all this after working most of the day Saturday and Sunday clearing my own garage.. porch and roof...I turned 60 Sunday.. and this week feel every bit of it..

FYI as of Friday .. Grainger had 50lb boxes of ice melt... I bought 4 more .. bringing this years total to 12... 50 lb. boxes.. the most I have bought in 20 years of maintaining this building. Look them up on line and you can put in your zip code to check availability...

that invitation from my Son to go live in New Orleans is looking better each day... except for the fact that I hate snakes MORE than snow....
Hope you had a great Birthday.

I hear you on the snakes!!!

Sea Dangles
02-19-2015, 10:57 AM

Rockfish9
02-19-2015, 11:56 AM

thanks... any day I get up and it's my face staring back it's a good day.. first time some other S.O.B stares back ...I know I'm in deep trouble!

Got Stripers
02-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I've been sharing my sears snow blower with the neighbor for selfish reasons, as a guy that makes a living buying and flipping cars at auction; he is very good at keep that puppy lubbed, oil changed and last night I came home to test out the impeller retrofit. Being the anal guy he is of course, he doubled up on the rubber, no self tappers, bolts and nylon nuts, slotted attachments so the rubber can be moved as it wears and cut and shaped perfectly. The Utube 15 minute job was a 3 hour one for him and OMG what a difference. Came home to find the usual plow job in front of the 3 car wide frontage on drive and what I normally would throw into the middle of the road, now goes clear over both lanes so I don't have to do the street too. I think it will also mean the end of snow, because that is usually what happens after a retro to address it, but that will work too; I'm so tired.

piemma
02-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Braces on both knees and been on the ladder for 6 hours raking snow off roofs. This DOES suck.

Rockfish9
02-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Braces on both knees and been on the ladder for 6 hours raking snow off roofs. This DOES suck.

we passed "sucks" a long time ago... BE CAREFUL ON THAT LADDER....

BigBo
02-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Same here. :(

iamskippy
02-19-2015, 02:07 PM
we passed "sucks" a long time ago...

Agreed.

stripermaineiac
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM
LOL Still can't find my damn roof rake. Things buried under 4 ft of white stuff. My luck when the metal roof clears I'm gonna be right under it LOL

nightfighter
02-19-2015, 06:33 PM
I was able to get two 50 lb bags of cc today. That brings me close to 400 lbs of the stuff. Ice dams are brutal, but the chipping hammer and calcium chloride will at least allow me to release the water pressure building up behind the dams. Mt brother just called asking what the tallest ladder I had, as he has a dam on his third floor level. My 32' is exactly where it should be.... buried under 8 feet of snow. If I can't reach it with my single 16 footer, I am not going up. Told him to keep blasting one side of the dam with cc to relieve the water pressure. Other stuff that happened today is just too stoopid to type.... With the temps plummeting tomorrow, I am taking a day off from snow issues. Get to stay inside doing punchlist and smoke detectors for a client home that is being sold...

macojoe
02-19-2015, 09:39 PM
my nerhew came and raked the roof last week, not that you can tell today! so i am asking him to come do it again sat. before the rain on sun. also need a path to the oil tank! wish i had a gauge in the house to see how much oil i have.

piemma
02-20-2015, 08:02 AM
we passed "sucks" a long time ago... BE CAREFUL ON THAT LADDER....

Will do Joe. Actually rode the ladder down yesterday. It just slid off the roof sideways. Luckily I landed in 5' of snow.:wavey:

ProfessorM
02-20-2015, 07:53 PM
finally got roof cleaned off yesterday at dark . Now I have the problem of 6' of snow up against the house from storms and roof snow. So now I need to get the frozen down spouts off and go buy new ones so I can get the gutters to flow because if not the rain will run off roof and down the snow banks against the house and fill the window wells and then the cellar. Been there done that.

MakoMike
02-21-2015, 08:16 AM
If it rains tomorrow,like they forecast, and then everything freezes back up, its going to be a real mess.