View Full Version : Signs

massbassman
03-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Not sure if you guys believe in "signs", but I thought I would share this, and see if anyone has had something like this happen to them.
My wife is battling Stage 2 breast cancer and going through chemo for the next 4 months, just to set the stage for the experience.
I was having a cup of coffee and staring out the window at the snow early this am, thinking about everything that has been going on the last few months, and what's coming up. A shadow went past the window, and startled me. I thought it was a bird flying by, but when I turned my head toward the side door, I was dumbfounded by what I saw. A single, bright pink balloon decended on the deck and just bobbed there! It gave me goosebumps that it showed up at that precise moment. I took my phone out and took a picture of it, and then went back inside to get shoes on to get it for Donna. When I went back out, it was gone. Not down back, not in my neighbors yard, but gone.
I really believe it was a sign of hope, and that someone is watching over her. The kicker to it all is... Today is the 19th anniversary of the death of her father.
Am I nuts?... or has this ever happen to any of you guys? Just thought i'de share.

iamskippy
03-05-2015, 09:25 AM
You are not nuts my Friend, i believe there are always powers at work, even.if we manifest them in our minds or they are reality but those that open to it see em, those who are blind miss them.

I wish you the best with your wife journey but seems to ME shes in good hands.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigBo
03-05-2015, 09:27 AM
I definitely think that's a sign of someone watching over her my friend. I think someone is telling you she's in good hands. Will continue my prayers anyways. :gh:

beamie
03-05-2015, 09:31 AM
So did the balloon show up in the picture on the phone????

That is pretty wild......are you crazy, no..

Stay strong MBM and keep positive.

Raven
03-05-2015, 09:31 AM
sounds pretty Bizarre to me for a pink balloon to suddenly show up
(in this weather)
MAYBE it got popped on an icicle and the
popped balloon is still out there.
? perhaps
Another theory is that it was something ELSE
and your brain substituted a pink balloon in order to
make some kinda sense out of the experience .... not to doubt your
story or sighting.... but this does happen often .....

PRBuzz
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Where's the picture?

Rob Rockcrawler
03-05-2015, 09:50 AM
I will buy it as a sign. Very cool.

Nebe
03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
That's wild!

Sea Flat
03-05-2015, 10:09 AM
First, good luck to you and your wife.

Not sure I totally believe in signs, but I do believe that in times of stress, trouble, tough times etc. that we will look differently at life and what it brings. This is a good thing and even if it wasn't truly a sign it can give you comfort knowing that things will get better. Having said that, it sure would be cool if that was a sign.

PaulS
03-05-2015, 10:14 AM
If you believe it is a sign, then heck yes it is. Good luck to your wife.

massbassman
03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
sounds pretty Bizarre to me for a pink balloon to suddenly show up
(in this weather)
MAYBE it got popped on an icicle and the
popped balloon is still out there.
? perhaps
Another theory is that it was something ELSE
and your brain substituted a pink balloon in order to
make some kinda sense out of the experience .... not to doubt your
story or sighting.... but this does happen often .....
WTF?!! Lol... Im not trying to make this into anything more than what it was. It sounds bizzare because it is!! It obviously had a previous purpose, but found its way to us by chance. And its windy so it probably blew away quickly before I could get back out. I just thought it was a crazy set of circumstances... but none the less, i will take it as a sign of hope!
Im trying to upload the photo from my phone but it wont let me. My home computer is down. Ill keep trying.

Sea Dangles
03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Sounds like somebody is watching you. Donna will be fine when all is said and done. You are experiencing LIFEat it's finest. Take pictures and keep making memories together. My wife looked awesome bald!

piemma
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
The week after I got diagnosed with cancer Clammer called me and asked me to fish on his boat. I didn't have a boat at the time and was too weak to do the surf at that time.

Mike took me to what he called "one of his secret spots" and said: " you bastard you'll probably live and I'll regret this".

Well first drift with an eel and I nail a 20# bass. Mike says nothing. We had a great night and headed back in at 0 dark 30.

I never told Mike but he gave me a new sense of belonging and pumped up my will to live.

Just have you wife stay positive and we'll pray for her.

That was my sign. 9 years ago and I still say: Thank you Mike!

massbassman
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
First of all, thank you guys for the well wishes, it means alot! Paul, when I shared this with one of Donna's close friends this am, she was blown away! She told me of a similiar experience she had last year training for the Susan G Komen breast cancer walk. On her route she found a pink ribbon that someone dropped, or left by accident. She took a picture of it, and then wore it for the rest of her training and on the actual walk. She felt it was a sign for her. When she texted me the picture, she failed to see that on the ground, one part of the ribbon had taken the shape of the breast cancer symbol! She had never noticed it, and was in shock! Its all how you perceive things, and what you take from it. Donna balled like a baby when I showed her, and said... Its my Dad! Im glad she got to take something from it!

MAKAI
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
You are not nuts !

A couple of years ago my uncle died of a heart attack on Christmas day. As I was walking down my mom's driveway hopelessly trying to think of what to say, I saw a red cardinal just sitting on a branch next to the deck. When I opened the door everyone was looking out the windows watching it. They told me the bird was there for several hours. Without a word my mom showed me the Christmas card received from her brother the day before. A picture of a big red cardinal.
Yeah, I believe there is more to our existence than what we perceive. I've since then had a few things occur in my life that I can't explain to just happenstance.
I will pray for your wife's health.

Slipknot
03-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Best wishes to your wife
I think she has a protecting angel
I doubt that was a coincidence

thefishingfreak
03-05-2015, 12:36 PM
There are signs everywhere if you know how to read them.
and best of luck to your wife

fishrick
03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Clearly that was a ray of hope placed in your life. I do not believe there are any "coincidences". Good luck to you both. I am sure your being watched over.

macojoe
03-05-2015, 04:44 PM
I just had a friend have the same battle! after 6 chemo and some 30 radition treatments she just went back and doc ssay that she has a 5% chance that it wouldg ever come back! She i so happy!!

Keep your chim up, tell her to stay strong!

You guys are in my prayers!

Guppy
03-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Prayers on the wind?
God bless

Hookedagain
03-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Thats an incredible occurrence. Keep believing! In Aug of 2002 my son was born, just weeks after my dad was diagdiagnosed with lung cancer. He passed the following March. I was by his side as his last breath was taken. Out the window in the bird feeder sat a lone morning dove. When they removed my dad, in the driveway....a lone morning dove. The day of the wake....a lone morning dove and at the funeral as well. I have since stopped dove hunting as everywhere we go that my dad would have been there we encounter a morning dove. Hunting, fishing, skiing, family gathering...My son has done school projects on doves and collects dove trinkets. We were at the mud hole off shore fishing and there was one on the bridge of the boat.....didnt know they went that far out. Some say I am crazy...its just coincidence. I believe!! Good luck to you bride, I think her dad is with her like mine is with me.

JohnR
03-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Godspeed to your bride - we hope for a strong and speedy recovery.

Good sign - it means go out and get some pink balloons for your wife ;)

massbassman
03-05-2015, 07:14 PM
I love all these stories, they're all very inspiring. I've been letting Donna read all of them and she's just overwhelmed. They are very comforting, and we just want to again say thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

massbassman
03-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Godspeed to your bride - we hope for a strong and speedy recovery.

Good sign - it means go out and get some pink balloons for your wife ;)
Thanks Boss! This is a great site, full of good, caring people... and I'm happy to be a part of it!

Moses
03-06-2015, 04:38 PM
I agree with Mike (FishingFreak), there are definitely "signs" all around, one must be observant & willing to see them. I got goosebumps reading your account.

best of luck to your wife. Positive thinking!!

chris L
03-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Not sure if you guys believe in "signs", but I thought I would share this, and see if anyone has had something like this happen to them.
My wife is battling Stage 2 breast cancer and going through chemo for the next 4 months, just to set the stage for the experience.
I was having a cup of coffee and staring out the window at the snow early this am, thinking about everything that has been going on the last few months, and what's coming up. A shadow went past the window, and startled me. I thought it was a bird flying by, but when I turned my head toward the side door, I was dumbfounded by what I saw. A single, bright pink balloon decended on the deck and just bobbed there! It gave me goosebumps that it showed up at that precise moment. I took my phone out and took a picture of it, and then went back inside to get shoes on to get it for Donna. When I went back out, it was gone. Not down back, not in my neighbors yard, but gone.
I really believe it was a sign of hope, and that someone is watching over her. The kicker to it all is... Today is the 19th anniversary of the death of her father.
Am I nuts?... or has this ever happen to any of you guys? Just thought i'de share.

your not nuts , some times there are signs we recognize and others we dont .

I know for sure there are people that watch over their loved ones from the beyond .

All the best to your wife , I will keep her in my thoughts .

JohnR
03-09-2015, 06:35 PM
I've been letting Donna read all of them and she's just overwhelmed.

:musc::kewl:

massbassman
03-09-2015, 08:23 PM
your not nuts , some times there are signs we recognize and others we dont .

I know for sure there are people that watch over their loved ones from the beyond .

All the best to your wife , I will keep her in my thoughts .

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that. Hoping things are good on your side also! Dave

wdmso
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
What ever helps you and her get through the day! I am not one for signs and I am not very religious.. But some times unexplainable thing happen , and if those thing give you hope or peace. who is anyone to minimize their impact .. or discredit there existence.

Keep your spirit strong for yourself and your wife its a fight that can and has been won

Swimmer
03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
My wife never lost her hair. It did become very thin though.
Women are exceedingly strong, as I am sure your wife is. Bev's strength through her mastectomy, and reconstruction, during the same operation was amazing. She had a couple of things take place that wouldn't be fair for me to write about here. We both believe that these signs occur, and we embrace them regardless of whether they can be explained or not. MBM, you have to remember to take care of yourself during this time as well. Prayers sent your way everyday. Peace.

massbassman
03-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks Wayne!
Thanks Swimmer, you are correct about strength, as she is one of the strongest women I've ever met. She has met each challenge head on, and never once complains, even when she's really sick. She has a really pretty face, and although she has lost all her hair, I find her even more beautiful than before, because her inner spirit really shines through. She is just beginning this journey, and has a long road of chemo treatments ahead, but is determined to kick ass! I've taken over most of the household duties, so my ass is dragging most nights. But, she took great care of me during my shoulder surgeries, and still smiled at me everyday. It's about being a team, and pulling together.
Thanks for your T's&P's!

Rappin Mikey
03-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Prayers sent your way. And for signs I believe. Just check out the voices the rescuers heard in that recent rescue in the flipped over car in a river in Utah that a fisherman came upon.

Finaddict
03-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your wife, you and your family. IMHO signs are real, happen and can be powerful.

One that sticks out for me was during a funeral service for a young serviceman who died in the Middle East. I was standing outside the church just before the service ended ... big crowd ... it was eerily silent ... just then a hawk shrieks/calls out and starts to circle above the church for several minutes ... to me, it was in honor of that young man, or maybe it was him ... very powerful.

JoeG@Breezy
03-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Good luck and hopefully you are facing better days soon. It was definitely a pink balloon, don't over think it. Just keep your hope up.