View Full Version : DOJ exonerates Ferguson officer Wilson

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
DOJ says that kid never had his hands up in surrender, and that Wilson did nothing wrong. I'll wait for the likes of Sharpton and Jackson and MSNBC to issue their apologies...

iamskippy
03-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Win
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
DOJ says that kid never had his hands up in surrender, and that Wilson did nothing wrong. I'll wait for the likes of Sharpton and Jackson and MSNBC to issue their apologies...
They didn't say that Wilson did nothing wrong, the report said there wasn't evidence to contradict Wilson's claim he was acting in self defense.

What's interesting is that you ignored the bigger part of the report with the scathing assessment of the racial bias within the police force.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ferguson-justice-report-shocking/index.html

And you wonder why the keg was full of powder.

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Win

I wish I could agree. Yet officer Wilson was forced to resign, and Al Sharpton still goes to the White House whenever he wants an audiennce with the President. In a fair wold, Wilson sues MSNBC for a jillion dollars, and no one listens to a word Sharpton has to say, ever again.

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
They didn't say that Wilson did nothing wrong, the report said there wasn't evidence to contradict Wilson's claim he was acting in self defense.

What's interesting is that you ignored the bigger part of the report with the scathing assessment of the racial bias within the police force.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ferguson-justice-report-shocking/index.html

"They didn't say that Wilson did nothing wrong, the report said there wasn't evidence to contradict Wilson's claim he was acting in self defense."

You're splitting hairs, Spence. No evidence that he did anything wrong.

In the aftermath of the shooting, I didn't hear the likes of Sharpton or Rachael Maddow making broad accusations against the department. It was all about this one, specific, limited, incident.

The DOJ started their investigation 2 days after the shooting. With no probable cause, except the cop was white and the dead person was black. That's enough for Sharpton, and apparently, it's enough for our former AG.

Now, you are corrcet that serious change sneed to be made there. And it needs to be done quickly.

But neither the state nor the feds could find fault with what Wilson did. Will that give paus eto those who jumped on the anti-Wilson bandwagon? No, becaus ethey are the same idiots who convicted the Duke lacross eplayers, these people never learn from their mistakes.

"And you wonder why the keg was full of powder"

Who in God's name said I wonder about that? I know excatly why the keg is full of powder. It's full of powder because the folks on your side, instead of telling angry people that their lot in life is mostly of their own making, tell people that their lot in life is because of the white man's racism. It's what these people want to hear (always easier to blame someone else than to take responsibility for yourself), and it helps get liberals elected. Maybe it helps liberals feel good. I often wonder whether these folks actually believe any of that crap, or if they just like to reap the rewards of saying it.

Here's what these people need to hear...if you want to know the problem, look in the mirror. if you want to know the solution, look in the bible.

PaulS
03-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Damn right Spence - your missing the big picture. They shouldn't have been walking while black w/o id, or sitting in their air conditioned car on a hot day, or had been a landlord on his property when the police pulled up looking for some one else, or they shouldn't have been around when the town needed the police to up the amount of fines bc they viewed fines as a money maker or they shouldn't have been driving while black bc they should have known they would be 2x as likely to be pulled over even though searches of white drivers where more likely to have illegal things. And all the cases of white people getting tickets dismissed was just a coincidence.

Fly Rod
03-05-2015, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=spence;1066812]They didn't say that Wilson did nothing wrong, the report said there wasn't evidence to contradict Wilson's claim he was acting in self defense.

Lets not mix the report SPENCE......Wilson was protecting himself from a criminal trying to get his gun...the 18 year old attacked him ...Wilson followed procedure and the man ended up dead....if the man did not rob the store Wilson would not have been looking for a robber.... he would probably be alive today.

Yes their was racial bias and now that will be addressed.

spence
03-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Damn right Spence - your missing the big picture. They shouldn't have been walking while black w/o id, or sitting in their air conditioned car on a hot day, or had been a landlord on his property when the police pulled up looking for some one else, or they shouldn't have been around when the town needed the police to up the amount of fines bc they viewed fines as a money maker or they shouldn't have been driving while black bc they should have known they would be 2x as likely to be pulled over even though searches of white drivers where more likely to have illegal things. And all the cases of white people getting tickets dismissed was just a coincidence.
I'd say they should just pull themselves up by their boot straps, but given the DOJ report they'd likely be fined for indecent exposure and then arrested for obviously stealing the boots.

buckman
03-05-2015, 01:13 PM
I wonder if these are the same people that were looting that were unfairly harassed by the police.
Let's be honest here ,there was no way that Holder was going to walk away without throwing somebody under the bus to make it look like it was somebody else's fault ( preferably somebody white)

RIROCKHOUND
03-05-2015, 01:23 PM
I wonder if these are the same people that were looting that were unfairly harassed by the police.
Let's be honest here ,there was no way that Holder was going to walk away without throwing somebody under the bus to make it look like it was somebody else's fault ( preferably somebody white)

So it's a whitewash? Not possible that there is any truth in what he said?

PaulS
03-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Probably. All the examples and statistics the report gave where made up. Besides, he said "let's be honest here."

spence
03-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Probably. All the examples and statistics the report gave where made up. Besides, he said "let's be honest here."
I have to agree with Buck here. This entire affair is a fabrication concocted by Al Sharpton. Racism is a myth along with Global Warming.

PaulS
03-05-2015, 02:11 PM
I have to agree with Buck here. This entire affair is a fabrication concocted by Al Sharpton. Racism is a myth along with Global Warming.

Oh no, you mentioned Sharpton - that is going to take this to 5 pages.

buckman
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM

I think to a degree yes blacks are being profiled . Unfairly is debatable . At the risk of being called a racist , for the most part police officers , over time , get pretty good at being able to spot suspicious looking activity . The fact that blacks are involved in this activity more then others , especially in certain neighborhoods could account for this profiling .
If you win 90% of the time you play a certain number , why pick a different one .
And let's give credit it's due here . Holder does nothing to protect these neighbor hoods . When the #^&#^&#^&#^& hits the fan it's always a cop that risks his life .

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 02:36 PM

I thought I was clear, that force needs an overhaul.

But that's not what people were protesting against (maybe you witnessed different protests than the ones I saw). They were protesting one specific encounter between one specific officer and one specific citizen. All those demonstrations (including on the floor of the US Congress), all the idiots holding their hands in the air, despite the fact that the evidence shows that never happened.

You want to protest a general pervasive racism in the dept? That's justifiable, based on what we now know. But that's not what the nuts were protesting, they were protesting Darrel Wilson, and they went bonkers when he got acquitted. And none of them can admit they were wrong.

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Oh no, you mentioned Sharpton - that is going to take this to 5 pages.

Paul, this president you and Spence adore, listens to Sharpton, relies on him in racial matters. Given Sharpton's track record, that should concern you, that Obama holds a racist, hatemongering liar in such high regard.

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 02:41 PM
And let's give credit it's due here . Holder does nothing to protect these neighbor hoods . When the #^&#^&#^&#^& hits the fan it's always a cop that risks his life .

"Holder does nothing to protect these neighbor hoods "

And neither does Al Sharpton. You kno wwho has done an immense amount of good in poor, black, urban neighborhods? Rudy Giuliani, whose aggressive policing cut murder rates by more than 50%, saving thousands of lives. Most of the lives saved? Blacks. But he's a racist because he has no use for El Deuce.

PaulS
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Jim, you missed the point of the protests. They thought that based on their experience a black person in that area was going to be treated differently (and harsher) than a white person would. I think Spence used the word boiling point or something similiar. The shooting was the boiling point and based on the report it sounds like they were justified in protesting. The protesters got tired of being harrassed and used as a source of revenue by a rogue policy dept. When it announced there would be no charges against Wilson they will feel that a white policeman will never be brought to justice.

And you don't think the mention of Sharpton brings out posters who never post otherwise (although it obviously won't happen now).

Maybe Spence adores Pres. Obama, but I don't. I think he is far better than what the Repub. party has put up for a number of years.

Jim in CT
03-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Jim, you missed the point of the protests. They thought that based on their experience a black person in that area was going to be treated differently (and harsher) than a white person would. I think Spence used the word boiling point or something similiar. The shooting was the boiling point and based on the report it sounds like they were justified in protesting. The protesters got tired of being harrassed and used as a source of revenue by a rogue policy dept. When it announced there would be no charges against Wilson they will feel that a white policeman will never be brought to justice.

And you don't think the mention of Sharpton brings out posters who never post otherwise (although it obviously won't happen now).

Maybe Spence adores Pres. Obama, but I don't. I think he is far better than what the Repub. party has put up for a number of years.

"Jim, you missed the point of the protests. "

I don't believe that I did. They were protesting the shooting of that one kid. White cop, dead black kid, only one possible conclusion, it was a lynching. Paul, this was not Rev King marching on Selma. This was a feral mob, incited by the tiresome predictable Al Sharpton rhetoric, reacting to something that did not happen. They weren't protesting disproportionate rates of getting pulled over for driving while black. I saw lots of people withj their hands up, lots of signs that say "black lives matter". Nothing about profiling in general.

"they will feel that a white policeman will never be brought to justice."

Unfortunately for Sharpton and his mob, there needs to be some evidence that a crime was committed, for a white police officer to be brough to justice.

Paul, do you think Officer Wilson was treated fairly? The man had to give up his career, and two seperate investigations found zero evidence he did anything wrong.

"I think he is far better than what the Repub. party has put up for a number of years"

Does Al Sharpton deserve to be invited to the White House? He's a parasite, a race hustler who depends upon racial tensions to make a living.

spence
03-05-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't believe that I did. They were protesting the shooting of that one kid. White cop, dead black kid, only one possible conclusion, it was a lynching. Paul, this was not Rev King marching on Selma. This was a feral mob, incited by the tiresome predictable Al Sharpton rhetoric, reacting to something that did not happen.

I can't believe you just said that. And you pretty much just validated Paul's point that you're completely missing the...ummm...point.

buckman
03-05-2015, 04:09 PM

I think to a degree yes blacks are being profiled . Unfairly is debatable . At the risk of being called a racist , for the most part police officers , over time , get pretty good at being able to spot suspicious looking activity . The fact that blacks are involved in this activity more then others , especially in certain neighborhoods could account for this profiling .
If you win 90% of the time you play a certain number , why pick a different one .

Jim in CT
03-06-2015, 09:04 AM
I can't believe you just said that. And you pretty much just validated Paul's point that you're completely missing the...ummm...point.

I'm sure you can't believe I said it, because to call most of what took place a feral mob, requires one to look at events objectively, rather than ignoring everything which fails to support one's pre-determined agenda...

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, the DOJ hadn't done their investigation yet, so there was no widespread knowledge that there were issues in Ferguson. The only thing people were protesting was the shooting, no the general culture of profiling in the department. If people were upset about the department in general, why weren't they protesting all along? Why did it only start after Sharpton came in and got the feral mob sufficiently foaming at the mouth?

I don't see anyone giving today's version of the "I have a dream speech" here. I saw feral mayhem, ignorant calls for the officer to be arrested (who cares about due process? Constitution, shmonstitution...) idiots holding their hands up in solidarity with the perceived "victim". Once Sharpton got his disgusting face in front of a sufficient number of cameras, he fled, leaving his flock behind to deal with the aftermath. Kudos to him...Maybe Obama will give him a medal. Those two really, truly, genuinely, deserve each other.

Jim in CT
03-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Yes, there is that. If blacks commit a disproportionate share of the crime, common sense suggests they should represent a disproportionate share of the arrests. Blacks, of course, are not genetically programmed to break the law. It's not ethnic, it's socio-economic. Tragically, current black culture embraces and celebrates values and decisions that greatly increase one's chances of living in poverty. Ironically, it's what conservatives preach (stay in school, get a good job, go to church, marry for love, don't have kids unless you are in love and financially stable) that's precisely what poor people need to lift themselves out of poverty. But instead of embracing what conservatives preach, conservatives are labeled as racists who only care about the wealthy.

spence
03-06-2015, 06:05 PM
The only thing people were protesting was the shooting, no the general culture of profiling in the department. If people were upset about the department in general, why weren't they protesting all along?
You're really not that clueless are you? Are you reading any of Paul's posts?

buckman
03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Very upsetting news this morning . Holder might as well just put a bounty on these officers heads . The black on white hatred he has created is dispicable

detbuch
03-20-2015, 11:25 AM

But what's good for the goose is not for the gander. The ideological bias in the IRS scandal should be ignored by this administration while it digs for a scandal to ignite the racial keg:

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2015/03/20/contempt-of-congress-by-any-other-name/?subscriber=1

A key paragraph from the article: "There is now no defense, nor believable denial in ignorance, for the illegal actions taken by the Exempt Organizations Unit of the Internal Revenue Service under Lois Lerner. The facts present as undeniable. Under her direction, applications for organizations with political ideologies antithetical to those of the Obama Administration were treated as politically adversarial, receiving excessive scrutiny and myriad unreasonable demands for discovery; treatment not experienced by organizations whose ideologies were symbiotic with the administration’s. Succinctly, Ms. Lerner executed a political attack on a large faction of the American people for their support of a political ideology anathema to that of the President’s."

The "excessive" and "unreasonable" stuff, apparently for the Obama administration, only applies to supposed racial bias.